• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
This is supposed to be a woman? Aren't those pecs and a goatee.

I'm just going to assume anime bodyswap fuckery.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
D6QkyMCUEAExZ1v.jpg:orig

D6QlBhYU8AAtBrR.jpg:orig

lol this is cute

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Been catching up on the gacha because I want to support CyGames using those mobile dollars to make high quality console games, etc. Pretty good, paced significantly better than most games of its type.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know the character but her moves/normals remind me of Wolf from Virtua Fighter.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The only shame is that this kills my little hope for Lucha Gran since the wrestler/grappler type is being represented now.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Man, they really aren't going for the super obvious choices huh. Ladiva is very unexpected, but cool.

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
The only shame is that this kills my little hope for Lucha Gran since the wrestler/grappler type is being represented now.
Given how many characters are in Granblue, getting Gran alts isn't very likely. Djeeta is probably going to be in the game but the other classes probably aren't going to get represented

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I have the character in Granblue but never played her story (I skipped it like 99% of all characters)... Is it like handled well? Cause this strikes me as one of those harmful "trans" characters they make in anime's and Japanese games where they try to be serious but also clearly the intention is to be a joke.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Given how many characters are in Granblue, getting Gran alts isn't very likely. Djeeta is probably going to be in the game but the other classes probably aren't going to get represented

Yeah it's a long shot, but damn if lucha gran doesn't make perfect sense (and total meme fodder) for a fighting game.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in this game, so I've been following the news on it. I just googled and there's literally no lore available for this character online? It seems more like some tongue-in-cheek thing than the developers actually acknowledging trans people. But I'm ok with being proven otherwise.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
None of my favorites have been announced thus far, but Ladiva's a good choice.

I'm impressed that the roster in terms of popularity thus far has been "fairly popular" without being "Omega Obvious. Top of every popularity poll. Marked on every poster and merchandise sticker" choices. It has me genuinely curious to see who they'll add next.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I'm interested in this game, so I've been following the news on it. I just googled and there's literally no lore available for this character online? It seems more like some tongue-in-cheek thing than the developers actually acknowledging trans people. But I'm ok with being proven otherwise.
Ladiva is ultimately more implied to be feminine nonbinary, due to being the only solo character placed in the "Other" category for gender, but the localization uses she/her exclusively and there's no jokes at Ladiva's expense. She's a lady and treated as such.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
None of my favorites have been announced thus far, but Ladiva's a good choice.

I'm impressed that the roster in terms of popularity thus far has been "fairly popular" without being "Omega Obvious. Top of every popularity poll. Marked on every poster and merchandise sticker" choices. It has me genuinely curious to see who they'll add next.
i think it's impossible they don't add Sandalphon, but I don't know if he will be next
Why is it changed to Ladiva?
JRPGs since the 80s have changed character names when localised, usually because their original names sound too normal or dumb in other languages. I assume Fastiva sounded too much like Festive and they wanted to emphasise the wrestling aspect with La Diva.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Nice choice. Also nice that the weapons in the logo are, at least, not the only characters we are getting so my dream of Aliza being a Jam clone or Narumaya as a Iaido character are still alive.