• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Lol screw esports and all that trying to appease the West
wonder if Arc Sys themselves are thinking like this as well now because in that case rip Dizzy's design or Dizzy as a whole

They should have gone further. Her design is still pretty gross. Thankfully, not all the designs in this game are that desperate. Then again, I'm personally more interested in saying screw chauvinism than saying screw the West.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Also this was kind of inevitable. There's a good chunk of Granblue characters that are just 3 foot tall lasses in bikini armor. From the getgo there were always going to be cuts as to which characters get to be put in the public eye. I think you can make an interesting move set out of anything so I don't think there is much being lost by opting out of a couple skeevy designs.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Does it matter? Even if Metera was initially picked because of her design, the result would still be the same: the current character in the game

I mean... yeah. There is plenty of characters in GBF who aren't scantly clad and would be awesome. Hotness shouldn't be weighed into that decision.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I mean I'm trying to think of a character who both shows more skin than Metera and is interesting enough to get in anyway but I'm coming up with nothing.

Yuel, but they'll probably go with her water costume if she got in, or Amira whn she turns into a demon. Halleseena and Carmelina have cool weapons but they are not popular enough to even be a realistic choice.

Last edited:

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
If some of the characters will be "too" fanservice-y ArcSys can just upgrade their outfits to be more SFW like they already did with Zeta and Metera.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... yeah. There is plenty of characters in GBF who aren't scantly clad and would be awesome. Hotness shouldn't be weighed into that decision.

It shouldn't be the disqualifier either. Like I said I don't like this potentially affecting character choices and a character who could be another "Metera" not making it in.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I haven't done the missions in question, but for Gran's it seems like you can take advantage of the fact that your projectile is locked out on cooldown to input the stand M > super as quarter circle M, quarter circle H.

For Ladiva's, you can shorten the input time some if you input 2M as being the first part of the first quarter circle. So in numpad it'd be 2M36,236H. You want to be already continuing the quarter circle motions the moment you hit M.
Cheers for the help, think thats what was throwing me off is I felt I was doing 236M 236H for Gran and was unsure if it was buffering the input or if Granblue all movements had to be done after the m came out.

I wish training like these highlight which part your dropping. Like if you could select which special you're focusing on or a difficult part of a combo and have the game highlight what went wrong, inputa not fast enough, too early, too late, pressed the input at 3 instead of 6 etc. I've played it back and I can see m come out, 236 236 on the controller UI and H on 6 and nothing comes out or just a heavy or a late super.

Practice and timing but I'd love it if training modes could help you narrow down where you are dropping moves, especially cancels because it's not always obvious what can be canceled and when it can. Like active frame colours during cancel windows do any fighting games do this? I'm sure I usually see active frame and recovery frames colours but not really a special cancel window.

Sorry if this isn't making sense I'm kinda self teaching myself over the last year and trying to work out when a special cancel can start being entered is definetly something that comea up with me, like Street Fighter is really generous, Mortal Kombat kinda generous but some moves have kinda wierd timing for cancels seeing as it's dial a combo then canceling during the start of a move, then DBFZ seems to be just as the move hits whip out the cancel afap but the inputs are not difficult for supers so it's pretty easy.

I'ma keep trying! Cheers dude.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm trying to think of a character who both shows more skin than Metera and is interesting enough to get in anyway but I'm coming up with nothing.
Already in the game
wUwu2FY.png

Gran and djeeta being their starter class is zzz

Last edited:

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017

Yuel fire version, but i doubt they will use that version if she get into the roster

Halluel and Malluel, i guess they can be unique characters, though the maids or levin sister are probably a better choices

OP
OP
Kalor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Yuel fire version, but i doubt they will use that version if she get into the roster

Halluel and Malluel, i guess they can be unique characters, though the maids or levin sister are probably a better choices

Hal and Mal can get added with their dolphin costume.

D9-swWiVUAASTfD.png

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
If any of you want to start the browser game. Now's the perfect time to do so, a great banner is up right now (if you want to use money you can pick a special unit from this banner later on ... so it's future proofing your account). And we're getting a ton of free draws in a month.

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
It shouldn't be the disqualifier either. Like I said I don't like this potentially affecting character choices and a character who could be another "Metera" not making it in.

I doubt that would be a factor in preventing any characters. In a perfect world they would include those memorable, yet scantly clad, characters and just fix their hentai-light designs. Making the world a better place by diminishing the amount of otaku bait in it (one design at a time).

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If any of you want to start the browser game. Now's the perfect time to do so, a great banner is up right now (if you want to use money you can pick a special unit from this banner later on ... so it's future proofing your account). And we're getting a ton of free draws in a month.
the beginner ticket is locked to this point in time forever?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I started at a Christmas banner and the beginner ticket for me has the Christmas units that are available at the time, even 2 years later.
Damn I guess I will make some burner accounts then. Got Yoda/Lilly/Meta after only 2 days of normal play with no rerolls. Time to jump down that rabbithole

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy? Has anyone preordered the digital deluxe version on PSN? Because I can't find it?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It is cool that Ladiva can endlessly hit you in the corner and just chip you to death and you can do nothing.

Edit: I just hate having to play against half the characters in the game. Honestly wish there was a fighting game with zero zoning. I don't get how people find that shit fun to do or play against.

Edit 2: I'm finding more success with Kat then I was as Gran. But then half the matches still feel awful due to how annoying half the cast is to be on the receiving end of.

Last edited:

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got some time in this, Zeta is amazing really strong first impression and I easily could find my way into combo strings. Other character I am looking at is Lancelot but not sure yet.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It is cool that Ladiva can endlessly hit you in the corner and just chip you to death and you can do nothing.

Edit: I just hate having to play against half the characters in the game. Honestly wish there was a fighting game with zero zoning. I don't get how people find that shit fun to do or play against.

Edit 2: I'm finding more success with Kat then I was as Gran. But then half the matches still feel awful due to how annoying half the cast is to be on the receiving end of.
It doesn't sound like this is your kind of fighting game. There are others out there like FighterZ, Tekken, or even SFV which deemphasize zoning and focus more on close quarters combat and rushdown. Some people want fighting games to accomodate a wide range of different playstyles, including long range zoning. With a small roster, GBVS manages to successfully do this, with each character feeling entirely different from one another. If that's not your thing, then that's not your thing.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

There's always Tekken!

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
Wew, played a bit and the game is great fun even if I am still terrible at fighting actual people. I started maining Zeta but she seems focused on the air game which I suck at. I think I will go for someone simpler. Any recommendations besides Ryu Gran?

Also, the skill shortcut button is teaching me really bad habits :)

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Wew, played a bit and the game is great fun even if I am still terrible at fighting actual people. I started maining Zeta but she seems focused on the air game which I suck at. I think I will go for someone simpler. Any recommendations besides Ryu Gran?

Also, the skill shortcut button is teaching me really bad habits :)

Try Katalina, she is basically like Gran. But your main idea is to poke with M and do L or M Fireball. Also if you can just use R1 for Supers, they don't get scaled if you use it on Supers, but for specials, if you use R1 you can't keep the pressure on the opponent with some characters.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
I started doing GBFVS hard mode...
Well, they really capture that grinding to make decent grid feel (lol) game is a lot harder in this mode. You reaoly need to know when to block and dodge as well making a decent grid so you can do big damage and have enough HP so that enemy won't one shot you.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Well, at least I know it's not the netcode.

Played with my friend next to me and I'm still not pulling off Quarter circles reliably. Specifically Charlotta's QCB to do the rolling dash Attack.

Surprisingly my DPs are coming more reliably instead.

(on pad)

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least I know it's not the netcode.

Played with my friend next to me and I'm still not pulling off Quarter circles reliably. Specifically Charlotta's QCB to do the rolling dash Attack.

Surprisingly my DPs are coming more reliably instead.

(on pad)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Charlottas DP and Rolling attacks Charge Moves ala Guile/Blanka/Honda? You shouldn't be able to pull them with QCB or DP motion, unless you are refereing to her Super.

BTW check the cooldowns, maybe you are just mistiming them. Depending what are you using and how.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017

Playing lame is an art

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Charlottas DP and Rolling attacks Charge Moves ala Guile/Blanka/Honda? You shouldn't be able to pull them with QCB or DP motion, unless you are refereing to her Super.

BTW check the cooldowns, maybe you are just mistiming them. Depending what are you using and how.

Ah sorry for the confusion, I kinda mixed two things here.

I was talking about her "hundred hand slap" move that is QCB. I can't seem to pull it off reliably in a match.

Later I tried Percival and somehow I can do my DP most of the time when I want to, even though in past games I had more problems performing the DP motions

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
man y'all gone be pros by the time it comes out here.. I don't know how to get the game 😭

Here, I posted this on the previous page (I updated it a little). This may look intimidating at first glance, but it will only take you about half an hour from start to finish and is pretty damn simple. If you need further clarification feel free to ask...

1. Go get another e-mail (or if you have another one kicking around that isn't connected to a PSN account, use that).​
2. Create a new user on your PS4 (you do this on the user sign in screen that you see every time you log in). It will ask you to create a new PSN account. Do that (using your new e-mail). It will ask you your country: enter Singapore, Taiwan, or Hong Kong (there are other countries that sell the appropriate version of GBV, but I know those three have the correct version). I used Singapore, personally (it was a tiny bit cheaper).​
*This step is pretty self-explanatory, as you just need to follow the steps and you can do them all in English. The only hurdle may be the address section, but you can just list your city as Hong Kong for Hong Kong, and Singapore for Singapore (look up a postal code for either online).​
3. Buy a PSN card from one of the many sites that sell them. I went with Offgamers. Here is the link for the Singapore PSN cards, and the Hong Kong PSN cards (they are currently out of Taiwanese PSN cards). Playasia is also a popular site to go with to grab these cards, but they only have Hong Kong PSN cards at the moment. Either site will send you the code quite quickly.​
*You will need 74 SGD for the Singapore version, and 438 HK for the Honk Kong version.​
4. Now, with your new account, go into the Playstation Store, scroll down to the "redeem code" section, enter the PSN card number, and you should have the funds necessary to purchase Granblue Fantasy Versus. Go ahead and do just that. Congratulations! You can now play with the rest of us.​

Last edited:

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Fighting zoners is fun and requires a different strategy than someone who just throws themselves at you. A big rule for fighting zoners is if you have a big life lead vs them make them want to come to you. You have 99 secs on the clock make the most of it.

Start making use of the dodge and roll system too they make for strong momentum shifts

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ah sorry for the confusion, I kinda mixed two things here.

I was talking about her "hundred hand slap" move that is QCB. I can't seem to pull it off reliably in a match.

Later I tried Percival and somehow I can do my DP most of the time when I want to, even though in past games I had more problems performing the DP motions
if your ps4 pad is kinda old make sure you put more pressure down on the diagonal inputs.

These days on mine I get 24 vs 214 if I dont

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fighting zoners is fun and requires a different strategy than someone who just throws themselves at you. A big rule for fighting zoners is if you have a big life lead vs them make them want to come to you. You have 99 secs on the clock make the most of it.

Start making use of the dodge and roll system too they make for strong momentum shifts

This x5. They're gonna get antsy, which is gonna lead to them taking more risks, allowing you to punish accordingly.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't sound like this is your kind of fighting game. There are others out there like FighterZ, Tekken, or even SFV which deemphasize zoning and focus more on close quarters combat and rushdown. Some people want fighting games to accomodate a wide range of different playstyles, including long range zoning. With a small roster, GBVS manages to successfully do this, with each character feeling entirely different from one another. If that's not your thing, then that's not your thing.

Yet I love the feel of this game and compared to other fighting games I can get off a decent amount of stuff. I'm just frustrated.

There's always Tekken!

I'm one of those weirdos who loved Tekken 6 a bunch (almost got plat but lost all progress when my PS3 died), but couldn't get into Tekken 7.

I'll try to dodge more but it doesn't seem to work often.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Yet I love the feel of this game and compared to other fighting games I can get off a decent amount of stuff. I'm just frustrated.

I'm one of those weirdos who loved Tekken 6 a bunch (almost got plat but lost all progress when my PS3 died), but couldn't get into Tekken 7.

One of the biggest things I'm seeing in the developing meta of this game is instilling the possiblity of a spotdodge/dodge roll into your opponent. Since low attacks stuff dodge rolls, a lot of the time you'll see peeps do low attacks on wakeup to catch peeps trying to get out of bad situations for free. It might seem counter productive, but in most zoner matchups when I'm playing gran, I almost never jump, and rely almost completely on my spot dodge/dodge roll to get in as the fear that I can just bypass their normal zoning shenanigans makes them play a different game than the typical Guile-esque projectile wall into flashkick gameplan. In the Metera matchup you have to watch out because once you get to about mid range she has the option to use her utility jump in for a quick overhead into blockstring in addition to her zoning, so if your character has a dp this is your chance to bait out an easy hard knockdown and pressure her on wakeup. With Ferry she can only reach you full screen with her ex, so paying attention to her cooldowns is important as well as there are more times than you think that you can confidently use fireballs to score free damage on her when she has to close the distance.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Another thing to remember against Zoners is that they have a limited screen space to work with. A Guile in Street Fighter staying full screen and throwing booms is all strong and mighty when they have distance but when they can't walk back anymore and a bad read leads to a horrible situation, they either panic or start playing way more passive which is where you have the advantage.

Sadly I don't have the game so I can't give you more specific advice but this concept generally holds true across every game except with Cetrion in MK11 who can teleport in her second variation cause why not

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
If you dodge you delay how long their fireball special take before it fills up again, this works pretty well against everyone except Metera since she has normal attacks projectiles. But also, unlike other characters Metera's only strong anti air is her super, her regular anti airs are slow, covers very specific angels and are blockable in the air, feel free to jump on her a lot and be creative with mixing between super and normal jump, it's very hard for her to wait and react properly with her 11 frames anti air.
Her arrow rain is an unblockable anti air, but that's even slower and only relay works when she's predicting a jump, not reacting to one.

Last edited: