• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I doubt XSEED/Marvelous will want to work with Cygames again after that (they shouldn't).

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
This really sucks. I wanted to wait for the EU version since I play the gacha, so I wanted everything to be neatly tied to my main PSN account, since you need to continue buying the DLC for whatever region you bought the original game for. Plus once you use a code that's tied to a PSN acc in the gacha, you can only continue using the codes that are from the same PSN acc?

So now with Cygames fucking over Marvelous, first with the delay and now with the steam version, I'm not sure how well this fares for the future of the relationship between them. Like, what if I get the EU version but Marvelous decides to drop their support for the game halfway through its life cycle and I can't get any future DLCs unless I buy the game for a different region? But then I won't be able to use the codes for the gacha since it's already tied to my EU PSN acc?

No idea what to do tbh, might just get the US version and call it a day.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How the release of this game has been handled outside of Japan is pretty nuts, and it's looking more and more like Cygames' fault.

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Twiiter announcement two weeks before release, no Rollback, no crossplay. Hard pass. Might buy it once it's 20euro if there's a community.

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
There's a lot of things that I didn't like in this game: the short roster, the season pass, bad online, shady release dates... but not being on Steam was my main, so now I'm interested.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Out of fucking nowhere. But I will get this Day One. Really glad I didn't import it for PS4 now.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Japanese publisher announcing that a game marketed as a PS4 exclusive will release on Steam?

wellnotthatshocked.gif

I guess that PC gamer interview about being more interested in putting games on PC was relevant after all.

Is the anime any good? I must say, I'm unfamiliar with the source material...

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

www.famitsu.com

『グラブル VS』DLCキャラ“ナルメア”のPVが公開。Steam版も日本時間3月14日に発売決定! | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

2020年2月27日、Cygamesは『グランブルーファンタジー ヴァーサス』において、3月3日配信のDLCキャラ“ナルメア”のPVを公開。アビリティリストやDLC購入特典の詳細も発表した。

グランブルーファンタジー ヴァーサス』のSteam版がXSEED GAMES/Marvelous USAより、北米時間3月13日(日本時間3月14日)にSteamストアにて販売開始することが決定しました

Lol. Someone's definitely got their wires crossed.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
PC version will be dead within a few months. I might get it down the road for cheap just for the pretty visuals, but if you care about online, I would avoid.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
BEFORE EUROPE. AHAHA.

I'd buy it but thinking about no rollback and no crossplay probably means I just won't get it. Good thing there's a game that released years ago on PC that has both crossplay and rollback and I can still go online and play games, imagine that? Killer Instinct deserves more love.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Well, I guess now we know, as if there was any doubt Cygames was behind this clusterfuck of release schedules.

I feel bad for them.
It's been pretty obvious Cygames pushed the delays on them, as well as not allowing them to talk about the release date.
I don't think that's how it works, Cygames probably just was very late in signing with western publisher, who in turn can't announce a release date before they figure out when can they provide it.

Last edited:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

www.famitsu.com

『グラブル VS』DLCキャラ“ナルメア”のPVが公開。Steam版も日本時間3月14日に発売決定! | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

2020年2月27日、Cygamesは『グランブルーファンタジー ヴァーサス』において、3月3日配信のDLCキャラ“ナルメア”のPVを公開。アビリティリストやDLC購入特典の詳細も発表した。

Lol. Someone's definitely got their wires crossed.

XSEED taking care of PC publishing was obvious, I think the issue is more Cygames deciding the release date and announcing it just after the EU delay/debacle.

edit:
I don't think that's how it works, Cygames probably just was very late in signing with western publisher, who in turn can't announce a release date before they figure out when can they provide it.
That's exactly how it works though. Marvelous said multiple times they were waiting on Cygames to talk about the release date, same for XSEED.
And that deal was signed a while ago too.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
If any pc user here is midly interested in playing this online vs randoms, don't wait for a deal buy it at launch. No crossplay means this will become a discord fighter in a month.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the popularity of Granblue will make up for the lack of crossplay. It sucks, but I can still find matches fairly frequently in Ultra SF IV of all things. If the game has a large enough community, it won't be a problem.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the popularity of Granblue will make up for the lack of crossplay. It sucks, but I can still find matches fairly frequently in Ultra SF IV of all things. If the game has a large enough community, it won't be a problem.
No codes pretty much kills that idea lol

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I legit thought this would have been released in the fall because there's been no PC announcement.

Not shocked it's coming to PC, I would have been shocked if it didn't. I am a bit shocked it releases so suddenly.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Still going to buy it since i can play local once in a while but i better join the game's discord for later online play.

Oct 26, 2017

I only see this game doing good in China and SEA thanks to Steam release, but NA and EU? I highly doubt.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
No crossplay and delay based netcode. It seems that the only way Arcsys are going to learn is when Riot crush them to oblivion with their LoL fighter. Sick of this.

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
Please comment on the lack of crossplay and/or GBF codes here too:

Did my part, as a long-time GBF player no code thing really pisses me off as it makes me think PC players are second-class citizens. If it's going to be repeated with all the upcoming DLCs and even Re:Link, I sure wouldn't feel good about supporting those games.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
You know, when I'm in a cynical mood and I see shit like this with delays across almost all regions, near-stealth PC releases, same shitty delay based netcode, and no cross play (even when the game is only on PC and one other console), and yet the the FGC looks at other games that aren't fucking up like Power Rangers, now Garou, etc and are like "we don't want that tho", the devs and the community probably deserves all the shit coming to them. Jesus fucking Christ

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
You know, when I'm in a cynical mood and I see shit like this with delays across almost all regions, near-stealth PC releases, same shitty delay based netcode, and no cross play (even when the game is only on PC and one other console), and yet the the FGC looks at other games that aren't fucking up like Power Rangers, now Garou, etc and are like "we don't want that tho", the devs and the community probably deserves all the shit coming to them. Jesus fucking Christ
Crossplay and rollback should absolutely be standard, but if the underlying game doesn't interest you (generic you) it doesn't matter. Not a lot of people are into super sentai and Garou is an old SNK game that very few people played.

Sakashima

Mar 28, 2018
The gift that keeps on giving. At least PC players won't have to wait, but still a mess overall. They'll probably find a way to mess up next-gen versions too.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You think crossplay and netcode are going to get people interested in a 20 year-old Neo Geo game and a licensed Power Rangers game?

People that like one or two fighting games aren't obligated to like all of them.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's super exciting that it's coming to Steam! But god damn, the PR for this release has been nothing short of an absolute disaster. Hopefully the porting job is phenomenal!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
wtf

i mean i'm not super interested in crossplay so i guess i'm getting it here, but wtf

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Wow, you meanie.

What if I ENJOY playing games that I can't play online because of bad netcode and don't have a local scene for?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, who handed Cygames the "How to Release a Dead Fighting Game on PC" guidebook? Come on, own up! It was you, SNK wasn't it? Come on now!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I already imported the PS4 version so I won't get the Steam version but if it had crossplay that would do wonders. I feel like the PC version population is going to be super super tiny. Not that the PS4 version is going to be gigantic.