• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Liliy

Feb 1, 2019
I wanted to get this on PC, but without the codes I wont get it now. Guess i'll just wait for it to eventually release on the ps4 in the UK.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Crossplay and rollback should absolutely be standard, but if the underlying game doesn't interest you (generic you) it doesn't matter. Not a lot of people are into super sentai and Garou is an old SNK game that very few people played.

I'll give you that, but this is more about sending a message that these things matter with your wallet, especially since both of those games are dirt cheap. Plus, there are still other examples of games that are trying to do this stuff right that I didn't include because I'm typing on mobile (KI or Skullgirls, but the big example is something like MK11 when the game has sold so much that NRS probably could have just gotten away with it like Capcom before this SFV adjustment or Bamco or ArcSys, but decided to step it up).

You think crossplay and netcode are going to get people interested in a 20 year-old Neo Geo game and a licensed Power Rangers game?

People that like one or two fighting games aren't obligated to like all of them.

Well, it did get a lot more people interested in Power Rangers than otherwise, especially with folks like Sajam and Max signal boosting netcode problems in other fighters as of late.

Are they obligated to like them? Absolutely not. But all I'm saying is that people shouldn't be surprised when say... Bamco looks at the efforts of a smaller game actually addressing these complaints and still continues to serve shit holding back an otherwise great fighter because "meh, people didn't pay attention to those games anyway and that's more work, fuck that" because the standards have been so low for so long.

Wow, you meanie.

What if I ENJOY playing games that I can't play online because of bad netcode and don't have a local scene for?

Then you'll just have to do what I do; play something, enjoy what's going on, and then submit to the evergrowing darkness in your heart whispering "why are you even in the lab at this point, you know online is garbage and this is a discord fighter, you know damn well you ain't got time for that"

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yo how are they doing business like this? They've been in the game for ages this is just amateur.

They are domestic-focused (Japan) and mostly mobile/PC-orientated. This is one of their first physical global console release, and for a fighting game at that where a simultaneous launch is all the more important. That said they've performed poorly in the rollout.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, when I'm in a cynical mood and I see shit like this with delays across almost all regions, near-stealth PC releases, same shitty delay based netcode, and no cross play (even when the game is only on PC and one other console), and yet the the FGC looks at other games that aren't fucking up like Power Rangers, now Garou, etc and are like "we don't want that tho", the devs and the community probably deserves all the shit coming to them. Jesus fucking Christ
Cygames funding the prize pools probably helps.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
The get sold +300k in Japan thanks to it, so while not everyone, grand part wants those gambling coins.
Browser game. And a significant amount of people are buying in just for the codes.
"not everyone" doesn't mean there's nearly nobody buying it for codes. It's obvious the CE was made for that for example.
But thinking that there'll be nobody playing the game if there's no codes is stupid when it's a game made with a lot of effort and that is appealing in many ways.

Or cygames can just sell the codes I guess, it'll be cheaper for them.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
If this would've had crossplay, I would've gladly waited for the PC version. But I just don't see the steam lobbies being populated enough, so I guess I will go with the PS4 version as planned.

Releasing the PC version before the European PS4 release is a really dirty move, though. Wow...

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those codes must mean alot to people.

I'm picking this up day one on STEAM. Looks great and I've heard nothing but good things from it. Most of the fighting games I play on PC don't have cross play. Somenof them have 2000-3000 concurrent players and others 50-200. As long as there are 100-150 concurrent players online, then it won't be too bad with discord.

And as usual this port is going to probably be fantastic in terms of optimization and performance.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it did get a lot more people interested in Power Rangers than otherwise, especially with folks like Sajam and Max signal boosting netcode problems in other fighters as of late.

Are they obligated to like them? Absolutely not. But all I'm saying is that people shouldn't be surprised when say... Bamco looks at the efforts of a smaller game actually addressing these complaints and still continues to serve shit holding back an otherwise great fighter because "meh, people didn't pay attention to those games anyway and that's more work, fuck that" because the standards have been so low for so long.
If you want to pay for games you have subzero interest in just because they have features you wished other games had, go right ahead.

You cannot chastize the consumer for not wanting to play a game they aren't interested in. It's not our fault developers like ArcSys continue to not give a fuck.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give you that, but this is more about sending a message that these things matter with your wallet, especially since both of those games are dirt cheap. Plus, there are still other examples of games that are trying to do this stuff right that I didn't include because I'm typing on mobile (KI or Skullgirls, but the big example is something like MK11 when the game has sold so much that NRS probably could have just gotten away with it like Capcom before this SFV adjustment or Bamco or ArcSys, but decided to step it up).

Then you'll just have to do what I do; play something, enjoy what's going on, and then submit to the evergrowing darkness in your heart whispering "why are you even in the lab at this point, you know online is garbage and this is a discord fighter, you know damn well you ain't got time for that"
If Street Fighter, the granddaddy of the entire genre, can't convince the likes of Namco and ArcSys to adopt rollback and crossplay, the much smaller titles never will. I'd talk about MK, since it's the biggest selling traditional fighter but Japan knows nothing about it.

It is frustrating and I understand where you're coming from. I picked up power rangers (twice) at launch to show support even though I have no interest in power rangers and have barely played it.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
If this isn't a Sony marketing deal, then it's just self-sabotage. At least you get some money out of the former. No cross-play and stealth release? Say goodbye to the game's community on PC. It's a damn fighting game; cross-play is essential to keep it alive on multiple platforms.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
You think crossplay and netcode are going to get people interested in a 20 year-old Neo Geo game and a licensed Power Rangers game?

People that like one or two fighting games aren't obligated to like all of them.

But people in the other thread were dogpiling on me because everyone agreed that netplay supposedly was the most important thing in a fighting game...

People say one thing but they keep voting the opposite with their wallets.

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
I'm so angry.
Collector be cancelled on EU now Steam Version coming BEFORE EU release with no Cross Play. what the fuck

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not buying fighters on PC til crossplay becomes the standard

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
If this isn't a Sony marketing deal, then it's just self-sabotage. At least you get some money out of the former. No cross-play and stealth release? Say goodbye to the game's community on PC. It's a damn fighting game; cross-play is essential to keep it alive on multiple platforms.
If you think Sony would cut a marketing deal where the game launch on PC before PS4 in EU, few days after the US launch and about month after the Asian version... I'd suggest asking Sony to start paying the rent, no free stays.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing fighting games on STEAM/PC since 2008 and I've had a pretty good time. I've lived in various places from Poland, Bahrain, Eastern and Western United States and never had issue playing a game that I wanted to play. Sure, smaller games like UNIEL, Melty Blood, etc. need online groups, but I had the same issue playing niche fighters on consoles as well.

But yes, crossplay needs to not even be an option for the genre going forward. Eventually it will be that way. I'd rather have it happen sooner than later. It sucks when you meet someone who has an interest in the fighting game genre and they don't share the same platform as you. Especially when it comes to more niche fighters.

Also I'm not trying to say PC is better by no means. It's just people try to make it seem like the fighting community on PC is dead when it is definitely not. Most fighting games on PC with a low player count are that way on every other platform.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
If you think Sony would cut a marketing deal where the game launch on PC before PS4 in EU, few days after the US launch and about month after the Asian version... I'd suggest asking Sony to start paying the rent, no free stays.

A marketing deal doesn't necessarily involve the date of game's launch. I'm talking about there being no mention of the PC version until now. Even if it releases slightly earlier than the PS4 version in EU, the damage has been. Even if this is a marketing deal, it's probably a very cheap one. But like I said, it's more likely self-sabotage and that's even worst. Not sure what got your jimmies rustled.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
What are these codes everyone keeps talking about? I don't really know anything about GBF, I'm only interested in the fighting game.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, when I'm in a cynical mood and I see shit like this with delays across almost all regions, near-stealth PC releases, same shitty delay based netcode, and no cross play (even when the game is only on PC and one other console), and yet the the FGC looks at other games that aren't fucking up like Power Rangers, now Garou, etc and are like "we don't want that tho", the devs and the community probably deserves all the shit coming to them. Jesus fucking Christ
crossplay and rollback are in Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct though

blame ArcSys for not getting with the fucking times
so many dead anime fighters on PC lol

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
anyone know a good place to sell these codes?

at this point I'll have them on my JPN/IND/US versions of the game.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I've been really enjoying this game but the way Cygames and Marvelous have handled this release has just been an absolute mess. As someone who got the English HK version, I'm just hoping that enough people are getting the US PS4 version to keep the lobbies active. Right now the one active US lobby only has ~45 players at any given time.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing fighting games on STEAM/PC since 2008 and I've had a pretty good time. I've lived in various places from Poland, Bahrain, Eastern and Western United States and never had issue playing a game that I wanted to play. Sure, smaller games like UNIEL, Melty Blood, etc. need online groups, but I had the same issue playing niche fighters on consoles as well.

But yes, crossplay needs to not even be an option for the genre going forward. Eventually it will be that way. I'd rather have it happen sooner than later. It sucks when you meet someone who has an interest in the fighting game genre and they don't share the same platform as you. Especially when it comes to more niche fighters.

Also I'm not trying to say PC is better by no means. It's just people try to make it seem like the fighting community on PC is dead when it is definitely not. Most fighting games on PC with a low player count are that way on every other platform.
Yeah, it's true that the concerns are overblown. I mean, Tekken 7, without crossplay is still the more popular non F2P fighter on Steam with more concurrent numbers than fighters with the feature.

So yes, crossplay is nice and should be mandatory, but it's not really the reason Granblue would fail on PC. If the game is popular enough, it should be fine.

Delayed launch of game and DLC between platforms is what fucks those fighters usually.

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell? this game's marketing has been so fucking weird.

So this is coming in English(NA) to Steam on the 13th?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Cool.
PS4 preorder cancelled.

I'm sure the PS4 player base will be bigger, but A) I don't pay for Plus and have to use free trials the 2 times a year I want to play online and B) my PS4 gets trash speeds where I currently live anyways (even though all my other devices are fine).

The big bummer is no codes. Hopefully a place like GMG has a launch discount to offset that a bit

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
anyone know a good place to sell these codes?

at this point I'll have them on my JPN/IND/US versions of the game.
Honestly I don't know but since the game only released on Asia for now so I guess it's not regional locked? People here just use Facebook because we don't have eBay equivalent.

The browser game is officially released in Japan, but it's very very easy to sign up from outside the country.

That being said I'm not sure about how many Eop(English only players) that still need the codes at this moment. So the price if these codes are probably dropping like a rock.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
The browser game is officially released in Japan, but it's very very easy to sign up from outside the country.

That being said I'm not sure about how many Eop(English only players) that still need the codes at this moment. So the price if these codes are probably dropping like a rock.
According to the GBF Versus OT, the codes are worth more than the game so check it out.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If you have any programs that can do it, you can just transfer your save into another account. That's what I did and everything worked flawlessly

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
According to the GBF Versus OT, the codes are worth more than the game so check it out.

Oh trust me, I'm pretty invested into the browser game

Beating story mode is about 5k crystals which is about 5k y which is about fifty dollars.

Beating hard mode gets the skin (that some people having buying a book collection) or 3k crystals

Just getting the game gets you an evolite, gold bar(brick), or sunstone. And pretty much everybody will get the evolite. There's zero price to them in game but in all honesty they're worth more then the crystals.

The thing is the dlc skins are the things that people will probably want the most. Most people don't buy raw crystals in the first place unless they're really desperate

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
>no crossplay

what the fuck is wrong with these people. cygames of all companies can do this shit

You're forgetting that ArcSys are the ones developing this game. Not CyGames. Sure money talks. But I realistically don't think that they have the resources to produce cross-play yet alone rollback netcode atm. GG Strive has already been leaked that they're using delay

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Niche property in the west + delay based netcode + No cross play = Dead online in a month

Cool that they're releasing it on Steam regardless.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ah. Never dabbled into that. So what, backup a save file to usb, plug into your PC, use the editor and then login to the profile (that actually owns the game), and then copy the save file over? Or can you skip the save editor?
Yeah that's about it. I dont think the ps4 let's you do it natively