• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Oh trust me, I'm pretty invested into the browser game

Beating story mode is about 5k crystals which is about 5k y which is about fifty dollars.

Beating hard mode gets the skin (that some people having buying a book collection) or 3k crystals

Just getting the game gets you an evolite, gold bar(brick), or sunstone. And pretty much everybody will get the evolite. There's zero price to them in game but in all honesty they're worth more then the crystals.

The thing is the dlc skins are the things that people will probably want the most. Most people don't buy raw crystals in the first place unless they're really desperate
I see, no wonder people are crazy about the codes. My friend bought the game just to sell the codes lol. Good for the dev/publisher but not good for the player population.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
I've been playing fighting games on STEAM/PC since 2008 and I've had a pretty good time. I've lived in various places from Poland, Bahrain, Eastern and Western United States and never had issue playing a game that I wanted to play. Sure, smaller games like UNIEL, Melty Blood, etc. need online groups, but I had the same issue playing niche fighters on consoles as well.

But yes, crossplay needs to not even be an option for the genre going forward. Eventually it will be that way. I'd rather have it happen sooner than later. It sucks when you meet someone who has an interest in the fighting game genre and they don't share the same platform as you. Especially when it comes to more niche fighters.

Also I'm not trying to say PC is better by no means. It's just people try to make it seem like the fighting community on PC is dead when it is definitely not. Most fighting games on PC with a low player count are that way on every other platform.

Wow that's impressive. Any suggestions on where to find Discord groups for these fighters? I live in LATAM so, PC fighting games outside of SF have always been an issue.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I'll double dip for the Steam version. Maybe I'll wait and see how active the community will be first though.

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
Sorry to crush your dream, but apparently

For those wondering what I am talking about. This was from their latest arcade build at JAEPO 2020:

e8W9xtx.png

The game is definitely using delay-based netcode.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow that's impressive. Any suggestions on where to find Discord groups for these fighters? I live in LATAM so, PC fighting games outside of SF have always been an issue.

You can start with this Google doc:

docs.google.com

FGC Discord Compendium

1. Game Series,Game,Server Name,Invite Link,Server Description Akatsuki Blitzkampf,Akatsuki Blitzkampf,Akatsuki Blitzkampf,<a href="https://discord.gg/24gXVdn">https://discord.gg/24gXVdn</a>,General ABK server. Akatsuki Blitzkampf,ABK Kooky Edition,<a href="https://discord.gg/EU9n7B9">https://di...

You can also just go to OTs on here, threads on Reddit, discussions Steam, etc. and they usually drop Discord groups.

Last edited:

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
You can start with this Google docs:

docs.google.com

FGC Discord Compendium

1. Game Series,Game,Server Name,Invite Link,Server Description Akatsuki Blitzkampf,Akatsuki Blitzkampf,Akatsuki Blitzkampf,<a href="https://discord.gg/24gXVdn">https://discord.gg/24gXVdn</a>,General ABK server. Akatsuki Blitzkampf,ABK Kooky Edition,<a href="https://discord.gg/EU9n7B9">https://di...

You can also just go to OTs on here, threads on Reddit, discussions Steam, etc. and they usually drop Discord groups.
Thanks!

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, what's up with the release(s) of this?

Delayed worldwide even though the game is fully localized? Steam version's coming out before the EU version?

Cygames and their distribution partners need to get their shit together.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Releasing a fighting game on PC without crossplay is the dumbest thing you could ever do nowadays.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
GG Strive has already been leaked that they're using delay
For those wondering what I am talking about. This was from their latest arcade build at JAEPO 2020:

e8W9xtx.png

This wasn't leaked, we knew this already. Last official word was the usual "we're looking into it" regarding rollback with a bunch of dumb excuses, but nobody realistically expects anything to change.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been a single fighting game with crossplay that uses delay based netcode? I don't see why netcode should matter for crossplay but it's interesting that it only seems to be those with rollback that have crossplay. Tells you the mindset of those making the decisions.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
no crossplay for a PC fighting game is terrible in 2020. get with it, arcsys
List of PC fighting games with cross play:

Street Fighter V
Killer Instinct
Power Rangers Battle for the Grid
Fantasy Strike
Brawlhalla

As you can see, crossplay FG's are an exception, not the norm.
I don't understand why every time a new FG gets released, people automatically expect it to have cross play...

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

e8W9xtx.png

Maybe this can still change (huge doubt). They already said that they're changing the UI, which isn't in this build. Hopefully all the outspoken cry for Rollback makes them actually consider it (HUGE DOUBT).

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd much prefer to play on PC. But the price of the game, as I'm not hugely into fighters, is a lot easier to justify when you're getting the codes for GBF. Might double dip when it goes on sale at some point.

OGlol

Jun 4, 2018
The gameplay of this game is really fun but holy fuck have they really poorly managed this launch.

> Asian regions get game a month before NA despite the HK and SI versions having FULL ENGLISH
> 11 character base roster with 2 dlc packs announced before launch
> First two DLC characters coming out with NA release
> First major tournament is only two weeks after NA release
> PC version announced two weeks before release despite being advertised as a PS4 exclusive
> No crossplay between PC and PS4 (which is a joke these days)

Man wtf

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The gameplay of this game is really fun but holy fuck have they really poorly managed this launch.

> Asian regions get game a month before NA despite the HK and SI versions having FULL ENGLISH
> PC version announced two weeks before release despite being advertised as a PS4 exclusive

Man wtf

Most bungled release I've seen in quite a while.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not excusing its absence, just genuinely curious, is crossplay a common feature in fighting games these days?

OGlol

Jun 4, 2018

e8W9xtx.png

DBFZ has the exact same thing ingame and it doesn't have delay based netcode

Edit: i am dumb and didn't read correctly, sorry

Last edited:

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, got baited into getting the console version ...

That being said, may get it at one point if the regional pricing was good/game was on sale.

Deleted member 61909

Banned
Dec 5, 2019

Man wtf
11 launch characters and DLC already to launch is what really has me looking side-eyed

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017

Street Fighter V
Killer Instinct
Fantasy Strike
Brawlhalla

I don't understand why every time a new FG gets released, people automatically expect it to have cross play...

Just because it's not common doesn't mean every game fighting game shouldn't have it. There isn't any real technical reasons not to include it in 2020. But these publishers and higher-ups won't change shit

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Because there's literally no reason not to.

Shit, MK11 patched it in and they obviously know how to do it because they've done it before with GGXrd between the PS3 and the PS4. Their reluctance to do it is just more weird Japanese developer hang ups.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
No mobile game codes for Steam version is likely due to the Steam refund policy which I'm sure some people would find some way to abuse if each game came with codes.

That said, if we don't get the codes, then the price has to be reduced compared to the console release.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well, sad to say that 2020 does not seem to be the year that Japan modernizes its most longevity-positive feature set for fighting games. Damn shame.

Here's to hoping 2021 is better. And honestly, I hope someone with some sway at ArcSys is somehow getting the message and really getting some pieces moving to get the current lineup of games updated. Granblue looks to operate at a pace that I can work with and an aesthetic that could really carry my interest for a long time (it strongly reminds me of FFXI/XIV, which is an aesthetic I absolutely adore).

I'll be buying it for PS4 but I get the feeling I'll dive into single player for like a month, maybe lab in a week by following some streams and YouTube character tutorials, try online, have a terrible time with connection issues and then let my copy absorb dust on my shelf forever and wish I could stick with it. I can take my L's in the name of learning online, but if it's the actual netcode that's creating a janky technical experience then I tend to just quit.

MVCI and Mortal Kombat 11 are two of the longest tails I've ever had with fighting games in my entire life, and not because either is necessarily my favorite fighting game, but because the netcode just worked at a level where I didn't feel like any of my frustration was coming from the game itself feeling dysfunctional at a technical level. Mechanically, both are fine to me, and I take tons of L's in both of them, but I rarely got the notion that I was losing because the game just couldn't help but trip over itself like most fighting games — it felt like my inputs were going through as intended and every bit as unskilled as they were, not because it was jumping and skipping around and causing all sorts of chaos, confusion, and a sense that the game just wasn't understanding what I meant to input correctly.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
No mobile game codes for Steam version is likely due to the Steam refund policy which I'm sure some people would find some way to abuse if each game came with codes.

That said, if we don't get the codes, then the price has to be reduced compared to the console release.

Haha. You say, funny thing.

There is absolutely 0 chance the pc version is discounted over this. Less than zero, there's more of a chance of some sort of crazy pc centric mark up than there is of the game being less because it doesn't have the code.

If anything, it just pushes people back to the PS4, which is probably why they didn't even bother telling Marvelous about the PC version.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Me before this announcement: Pfft, I'm done with ArcSys's trash delay-based fighters.

Me after this announcement: Behold, it is I, leader of the Basic Bitches.

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019

Street Fighter V
Killer Instinct
Fantasy Strike
Brawlhalla

Because we should all expect it. The only way for it to become standard is by us all expecting this to be a bare minimum.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
It hasn't been until recently with some smaller titles, so the outrage in this thread is a bit much. That said, next-gen, there will be no excuse to not feature cross-play in a fighting game.
There's really no excuse now. These smaller titles are just embarrassing most of the big boys in terms of online play.

Oct 25, 2017
There's really no excuse now. These smaller titles are just embarrassing most of the big boys in terms of online play.
Oh I def agree, but it seems Sony only opened up to cross-play in the past year. So I'm not surprised these larger fighting games from japanese companies (which were planned and budgeted 1-3 years ago) weren't made with cross-play support. As for lack of rollback netcode, arcsys just plain sucks for that one.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
11 launch characters and DLC already to launch is what really has me looking side-eyed
It's the same thing that MvC did, releasing 3 characters one month from release and then the other 3 two months later, however unlike Marvel they now have announced a second pass with already has a character with in-game screens which means it will release in second half of the year which is so fast for DLC characters

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I understand why they didn't include the codes. It would be so easy for people to get a full refund of the game on STEAM. But I wonder if they could implement a different system for PC for people who have played the game for more than 2 hours or have owned it for more than 2 weeks to be able to redeem something for a code. Seems like that could still get exploited too.

I used to be in that gatcha stuff and would buy things I didn't need or couldn't even read just because it came with special codes. I'm guessing there are a few people who are doing that with this game. Can't people still get a refund on the digital version on PS4?

Anyway I don't think anyone posted the press release.

www.xseedgames.com

Granblue Fantasy: Versus Confirmed to Launch for PC on March 13 – XSEED Games

XSEED Games today announced that Granblue Fantasy: Versus, the long-awaited 2D fighting gamedeveloped by Cygames and ARC SYSTEM WORKS,will be launching globally for Windows PC via Steam on March 13, in addition to its March 3 launch for the PlayStation®4 entertainment system in North America.
Torrance, Calif. – February 27, 2020 – XSEED Games, the independent-minded publishing brand of Marvelous USA, Inc. today announced that Granblue Fantasy: Versus, the long-awaited 2D fighting gamedeveloped by Cygames and ARC SYSTEM WORKS,will be launching globally for Windows PC via Steam on March 13, in addition to its March 3 launch for the PlayStation®4 entertainment system in North America. The title will release on PS4™ system in Europe from publisher Marvelous Europe on March 27. The PC release will include graphical customization options, support for gamepads as well as keyboard and mouse, both Japanese and English voice options, and text language options including English, Japanese, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish, with Traditional and Simplified Chinese and Korean being added at a later date.

Granblue Fantasy: Versus – which is confirmed as one of the main titles of the world's largest fighting game tournament, Evolution Championship Series (aka EVO) 2020 – will release for PC with two editions. The standard edition will sell for $59.99, while the Granblue Fantasy: Versus "Character Pass Set" which includes the character Color Pack DLC, the Character Pass DLC for 5 characters, plus the Lobby Avatar "Nice-abs Vyrn," will be available for $79.99.

Granblue Fantasy: Versus on PC will not include any digital purchase bonus goods for the original Granblue Fantasy game.

$79.99 isn't bad since it includes the character pass. That means it'll be around $40-$45(regular) and $60 - 65(Character Pass Set) on other webistes. So basically people wanting a discount for the game not coming with codes will be able to get one.

Can't wait to see this game running in 5K. At least it'll look crisp while I'm getting my ass beat.