• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
consistently awed by Canadians love of lining up for shit. Overnight for fast food being the latest example.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Gotta love the classic "Oh, you participate in society? Gotcha." takes in here.
These weren't 'just' some homophobic views that they were spreading, you know. They were funding groups against gay marriage, vehemently spoke out against gay people in general, as well as contributing to funding that went to conversion camps for LGBT people, which has genuinely lead to a lot of incredibly traumatic situations and deaths. Like, there's a reason people are pissed at them and don't let this go. If you want to eat there then no one can stop you, but it's a bit lame to come in here and just go "Eh, everyone has views you don't agree with, don't boycott anything." in the face of bigotry.
Said it better than I could have.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
There aren't a lot of them, but yes. Sometimes red, sometimes a different colour in an attempt to...I have no idea, it's not distancing it from anything.

l0kE7qZ.jpg

I also - very rarely - see people with confederate bumper stickers or flags in their car window.
You need to put a tariff on "whoos".

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, what?

The spicy chicken sandwich I get on Wednesdays is what's causing the ruckus down south?
That's my understanding. Like Taco Bell US got fries recently and we've had those up here for as long as I remember, too.

I could be wrong about the Popeye's but I was getting some for dinner last week and someone came in and asked about the sandwich and the lady at the counter exasperatedly said what sounded like "It's not new..." half under her breath.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This is why I have no faith in people any more. Something this easy and cut and dry is met with apathy towards others. This is something you have to go out of your way to support.

"But the chicken's good, though." Meh.

That post should be the first one in every Chik Fil A topic. Thankfully it looks like the teasing drive bys and the like have calmed down. I refuse to believe the outright apathy shown by the few posters ITT still acting like fools aren't a shtick. I hope it's a shtick

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk there should be a Chick-Fil-A in every city. It's amazing and I had it for breakfast this morning.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Politics aside, the idea of camping out for a fast food restaurant opening is bizarre.

It was equally bizarre here in Edmonton the other week when Jolibee opened.

I can kind of understand this, though. If you're a Filipino immigrant and you remember that food from your childhood, you're lining up for the nostalgia.

That's my understanding. Like Taco Bell US got fries recently and we've had those up here for as long as I remember, too.

I could be wrong about the Popeye's but I was getting some for dinner last week and someone came in and asked about the sandwich and the lady at the counter exasperatedly said what sounded like "It's not new..." half under her breath.

Oh, this is interesting to hear. After hearing about the Popeye's sandwich recently, I thought I'd try it out since I live near some outlets, but then I read it was American only, so I never bothered to visit. If they actually do have a chicken sandwich there, and have had so for a while, I'll put it back on my "to do" list.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, this is interesting to hear. After hearing about the Popeye's sandwich recently, I thought I'd try it out since I live near some outlets, but then I read it was American only, so I never bothered to visit. If they actually do have a chicken sandwich there, and have had so for a while, I'll put it back on my "to do" list.

I only had Popeyes for the first time a year ago or so, so I have no idea how long these sandwiches have been around.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Excusing Homophobia; Prior Severe Ban for Excusing Homophobia
Hahahahhaahhahahaha " opinion", as if I care one iota about the damned chicken sandwich. Disingenuous ignorant as fuck post.
Posters like this are why I had almost given up using this forum anymore.
Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with what Chick Fil A is doing either.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
What about gay people that eat at/ work for CFA?
Both my daughters love eating at CFA, and they are both gay/bi. Several of their friends, also gay/bi (male and female) love eating there and go in a group at times. Two of the managers at the main CFA we go to are gay, and open about it. They mingle with the kids and their friends whenever they are up there.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
There are literally multiple restaurants that serve chicken that don't sponsor homophobia.

Is it literally that hard not to go here?

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There are literally multiple restaurants that serve chicken that don't sponsor homophobia.

I've said it before but the owners of cfa are stupid to come out and say they oppose gay marriage. Those other restaurants you reference likely also sponsor questionable shit, but they're smart enough to keep their mouths shut about it.
Most big corps give money to questionable shit.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with what Chick Fil A is doing either.
Posters like what? Go ahead let's hear your bullshit, I have time today come on let's hear it. Have some balls and air out your nonsense shit out instead of this passive aggressive shit.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
I've said it before but the owners of cfa are stupid to come out and say they oppose gay marriage. Those other restaurants you reference likely also sponsor questionable shit, but they're smart enough to keep their mouths shut about it.
Most big corps give money to questionable shit.
Not personally aware of problematic sponsorship Popeyes has done, personally.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018

Time and time again people have proven that they don't care and they relish letting everyone else know that they don't care. It's absolutely disgusting. Imagine if they donated to a white supremacist group/ anti person of color group. Do you think people here would be giving them a pass. Of course not but it's only LGBT so " chicken and service" > our rights

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Posters like what? Go ahead let's hear your bullshit, I have time today come on let's hear it. Have some balls and air out your nonsense shit out instead of this passive aggressive shit.
Not going to waste my time arguing with you. If you want to have the last word then go ahead.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017

If you don't think there's anything wrong with naked open homophobia, then nobody gives a shit if you stop using this forum.

There are a lot of places you can go to discuss shitty chicken with bigots. Some of us actually care about human rights.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Thing is, you cant actually buy a chicken sandwich form Popeye's currently, and when they did have them they sold out at noon. One of the main reasons people like Chic-fil-a is because you can actually get your food in a timely manner, its hot, and the order is accurate. None of which applies to numerous other fast food places, including Popeye's.

I wish at some point Popeye's would become a reliable fast food chain.

I agree. Their chicken sandwiches (along with their chicken in general) are far superior to Chick-Fil-A's & KFC's.

Svadhyaya

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Time and time again people have proven that they don't care and they relish letting everyone else know that they don't care. It's absolutely disgusting. Imagine if they donated to a white supremacist group/ anti person of color group. Do you think people here would be giving them a pass. Of course not but it's only LGBT so " chicken and service" > our rights

I honestly don't get how openly supporting this company doesn't warrant a ban.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Confused by the title.
Wasn't one opened in the Calgary airport like six years ago? Did it close?

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

You're being called out because you proudly & blatantly support a company who practices bigotry/homophobia towards LGBT's. That's why.

You can't act like a victim.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I honestly don't get how openly supporting this company doesn't warrant a ban.

Like just say nothing. It's not that hard to enjoy your food without having to give let everyone know you're ok with giving LGBT the metaphorical finger too. You really have to take the time to feign ignorance and post about how much you love a chicken sandwich when you know how upsetting this issue is with people? What kind of person does that? Lol Threepio poster is a bigot coward what a surprise

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I eat there, I like their food, I think it is good for fast food. They get the food out quickly and the employees are always really happy and smiling in mine.

IMO I find boycotting companies to be kinda silly. There is going to someone in all places that have views you don't agree with, I am not going to stop eating and shopping in all stores.

Sure, but the difference is that it is not someone who works there or indirectly benefits from CFA. It's not even just that it is owned and run by religious fanatics. It's the company itself that people have a problem with, because the company was directly (with corporate funds) funding those causes

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Were they giving out free food to the first 100 or whatever people in line like they do in the US or did people really just want some chicken?

I don't mind Chikfila. Around here at least they're one of the few places that both treats and pays their employees well. The CEO may be an assole, but that doesn't mean everyone that works there is.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Were they giving out free food to the first 100 or whatever people in line like they do in the US or did people really just want some chicken?

I don't mind Chikfila. Around here at least they're one of the few places that both treats and pays their employees well. The CEO may be an assole, but that doesn't mean everyone that works there is.
You really think this only about one person? That just shows your ignorance.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can really taste the ignorance in the chicken, I wonder how it tastes if you're queer and have no issue eating there. Sorry, but that's fucked up. No excuses for that.