• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Supposed temporary fix:

Edit: This works. Take off the dual guns to regain your lock on ability.

Yep:
Akula Mounted Homing Missiles Not Locking On in GTA Online
CREATED: JULY 25, 2018
UPDATED: JULY 25, 2018

Question: My Akula's Mounted Homing Missiles in Grand Theft Auto Online are not locking onto targets. How can I fix this?

Answer: We are aware of an issue regarding the Akula's Mounted Homing Missiles and are currently working on a fix for it. This issue only occurs when the Akula is armed with both the Mounted Homing Missile upgrade and the Dual .50 Cal Minigun Turret upgrade.

We appreciate your patience while we work towards getting this fixed. Please watch this article for updates.
https://support.rockstargames.com/h...-Stealth-Mode-And-Homing-Missiles-Are-Broken-

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
If I wanted to jump into GTA Online as a solo player, would I be screwed? Or can I grind missions out and start building my criminal empire?
It's certainly possible. I only jumped on a few months ago, generally playing solo and I've had a good time and bought most of the businesses. First thing you want to do is get 50 grand so you can do VIP missions (I think 50 grand is the number you need anyway). To get there, you may have to do some competitive/coop stuff but it should be too hard. Once you get to do VIPs, do the ones you find fun until you have enough to buy an apartment/office/motorcycle club/whatever business stuff you want to start with. Then grind those out until you get bored and hopefully by then you can buy another business which will have a slightly different variation of the missions you have been grinding. Then buy a car warehouse because it's the best business. Then buy whatever the hell you want. Such is the cycle of GTAO.

Or just buy some shark cards and start with everything.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah as tryagainlater says, Import/Export is probably the best way to make money as a solo player. Earn what you can through contact missions and VIP work until you can afford the appropriate warehouse and then steal/sell cars.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
If I wanted to jump into GTA Online as a solo player, would I be screwed? Or can I grind missions out and start building my criminal empire?
It can certainly be done. As with all multiplayer games, GTAO is best played with friends though. Much more so than most MP games. While you'll make friends in the game just playing randomly (particularly in Heists), it's still a good idea to seek out others to play with. You can find people here at Era, in Facebook groups, on Reddit, etc. What platform are you on?

Deleted member 1607

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, what's the best RP farming method? I'm level 42 currently.

I also would like to get some folks together for heists on PS4.

PSN: Kilau
Add me if interested, US east time zone.

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I finally had a chance to play the Nightclub stuff tonight, helping two of my friends set up their clubs. I have to say it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be; while I was disappointed with the DLC vehicles as a whole, we had way more fun with the little things than I was expecting. The Nightclub actually feels like a new, unique aspect of the game, which is nice. We had a lot of fun with the dancing mini-game, drinking shots as a group in the office, and I loved using the dance actions on the roof of the Festival Bus while my friend drove it across the map back to his club (switching occasionally to the minigun to dissuade griefers).

I'm curious to hear what choices people have made with their nightclubs, with respect to location, style, and lighting rig. I've watched Champlette2's very thorough comparison videos, but probably won't get around to buying one until tomorrow. Here are the videos if anyone is interested:

Nightclub Locations
Nightclub Style Options

Add me if interested
Just play the game is my advice, you'll level up quickly. I find special cargo to be the best, mostly because I actually find it relaxing and the flow of RP is so constant. Double money and RP events are super-common, so always make use of those. Heists and contact missions also award very good RP. There are also some custom AFK RP jobs that people have built, but I've never bothered with those.

I'm on PS4 too; what Timezone are you in? I'm AEST (GMT+10), so probably not on when you are though.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Add me if interested
This might not be a viable method right now, but when you meet the necessary requirements, this might be the fastest way to gain RP:

Also try to partner up with a VIP in free roam. As long as you stay close to them you'll constantly get RP bonuses in addition to wages.

As endlessflood offered, I'm also always happy to play with new players. I'm off of mountain time US so send me a PM if you're close, or if that schedule aligns well.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
I was considering Mission Row because R* usually do good vagrants but I don't actually spend that much time bumping into NPCs in online so I went for the sensible Del Perro spot because it's a reasonable jog from my office/Lester teleport. The service entrance is in an alleyway between the club and the multicoloured car park, it's wide enough to land a Buzzard but there's a bit of an overhang that you have Tetris your way past when landing there. I don't think that's going to annoy me like a warehouse would as I'm not landing crates directly into the aura.
I haven't spent anything on the club besides the barstaff upgrade yet as I've been finishing my crate warehouse to potentially fund some MC businesses. Or sit on the cash until Terrorbyte or both, I dunno yet.
And I died twice flying over the sea last night, beware invisible death zones people.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I went for the Downtown Vinewood location because it's close the highway, is pretty close to my office (Arcadius) and main apartment, and because it's not the most expensive. It seems like most of the people with glitched or modded money just buy the most expensive iteration of a given property just because they can, and then those locations end up being really busy with griefers.

Deleted member 1607

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just play the game is my advice, you'll level up quickly. I find special cargo to be the best, mostly because I actually find it relaxing and the flow of RP is so constant. Double money and RP events are super-common, so always make use of those. Heists and contact missions also award very good RP. There are also some custom AFK RP jobs that people have built, but I've never bothered with those.

I'm on PS4 too; what Timezone are you in? I'm AEST (GMT+10), so probably not on when you are though.

Oh yeah, duh. I'm US eastern time zone, gmt -5.

Thanks for the advice :)

This might not be a viable method right now, but when you meet the necessary requirements, this might be the fastest way to gain RP:

Also try to partner up with a VIP in free roam. As long as you stay close to them you'll constantly get RP bonuses in addition to wages.

As endlessflood offered, I'm also always happy to play with new players. I'm off of mountain time US so send me a PM if you're close, or if that schedule aligns well.

That video is great, trying to find videos on YouTube is beyond frustrating, it's hysterically bad how many click bait videos there are.

I only have one warehouse and $700k in cash right now but that seems like a great method.

Like I said earlier I'm eastern US time zone, been trying to play every night from about 9pm to 1am.

Thanks much!

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah, duh. I'm US eastern time zone, gmt -5.

Thanks for the advice :)

That video is great, trying to find videos on YouTube is beyond frustrating, it's hysterically bad how many click bait videos there are.

I only have one warehouse and $700k in cash right now but that seems like a great method.

Like I said earlier I'm eastern US time zone, been trying to play every night from about 9pm to 1am.

Thanks much!
Cool I'll send a PM so we can schedule some time to join up.

got the kifflom shirt last night, passed out drunk 53 times. i feel lucky since i've read others trying for hours with no result.
Haha that's hilarious. I've been blacking out when I pass by the bar on the way to other activities, but I still haven't unlocked it.

6Mro9CWVKkekOIeFXM0fBA_0_0.jpg

(club hype)

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool I'll send a PM so we can schedule some time to join up.

Haha that's hilarious. I've been blacking out when I pass by the bar on the way to other activities, but I still haven't unlocked it.

6Mro9CWVKkekOIeFXM0fBA_0_0.jpg

(club hype)
yeah i spent about 30 minutes really trying but gave up and just did what you're doing, giving it a shot between missions. then it popped. that's a good snapmatic btw, you should submit it to rockstar photo contest maybe bag 5mm gta$.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the compliment. I was happy with how that shot turned out. I #'d it, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as a submission.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I went for the sensible Del Perro spot because it's a reasonable jog from my office/Lester teleport. The service entrance is in an alleyway between the club and the multicoloured car park, it's wide enough to land a Buzzard but there's a bit of an overhang that you have Tetris your way past when landing there. I don't think that's going to annoy me like a warehouse would as I'm not landing crates directly into the aura.
I went for the Downtown Vinewood location because it's close the highway, is pretty close to my office (Arcadius) and main apartment, and because it's not the most expensive. It seems like most of the people with glitched or modded money just buy the most expensive iteration of a given property just because they can, and then those locations end up being really busy with griefers.
Location wise, I guess it makes the most sense to buy the one closest to your bunker (if you're planning on doing AFK money making). If you have the Chumash bunker, that would be Del Perro. If you have the Farmhouse bunker, that would be Downtown Vinewood. If you have a different bunker... you shouldn't :p

Proximity to your office is useful at the moment, but I suspect that it won't matter once the Terrorbyte is released.

From the outside, I think the two best looking nightclubs are Del Perro and Strawberry. The worst looking one is Downtown Vinewood (the queue to get in is literally right beside three dumpsters).

For ease of vehicular access, Del Perro isn't quite as good because you can't land large rotor aircraft next to it. Downtown Vinewood is pretty good there because it has the big open parking lot beside it.

When it comes to selling Nightclub product, the Northernmost ones are the best. I think Downtown Vinewood is easily the best on that front, from the sell locations I've seen (admittedly not many so far).

I'm still undecided on interiors. I think Style 2 on my main (semi-retired) male character, and Style 3 on my female (currently active) second character. I don't know about light rigs though, I'd love to hear what you guys think or choose on that front in particular.

And I died twice flying over the sea last night, beware invisible death zones people.
Yeah that bug is some scary shit, because it can potentially ruin some business sell missions instantly.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Location wise, I guess it makes the most sense to buy the one closest to your bunker (if you're planning on doing AFK money making). If you have the Chumash bunker, that would be Del Perro. If you have the Farmhouse bunker, that would be Downtown Vinewood. If you have a different bunker... you shouldn't :p

It seems like if you're letting the NC fill up before selling it'll take long enough that you can do a few bunker sales in the meantime so I think just spawning in the bunker would be fine if you're AFKing. Probably depends on which businesses are working in your NC warehouse. People are fighting over the most efficient routines on Reddit, I'll give them a week to do the maths for me. I usually fill my bunker (to $140k) and set my spawn at the bunker and just sell it next time I log in so I don't spend much time travelling there anyway.
Speaking of stealing good ideas off reddit, I'm going to chip away at future trade prices by selling single crates whenever I can just to complete NC missions.

I'm still undecided on interiors. I think Style 2 on my main (semi-retired) male character, and Style 3 on my female (currently active) second character. I don't know about light rigs though, I'd love to hear what you guys think or choose on that front in particular.

I want a preview to walk around like the office decor! LIght rigs I'm going for the neon tubes setup from the promo stuff becuase I think that neon tubes are the future.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I set up my club at Mission Row in southeast downtown. Quick access to the garage from the back alleyway. Just barrel through at full speed and the entry cutscene catches you at the end. Excellent for leaving behind pursuers.

I chose option 2 for the decor and lighting. Great industrial vibes when you set the dress code to techno. I love the main entrance in the side alley. Further ads to that underground goth/industrial feel.

Storage and garage space are at the minimum. I figure I'll wait until we hit a few discounts to add on.

Maybe I am crazy but I love to login and play this game for hours just doing races. It is really fun
In a console generation that has sorely lacked arcade racers (until more recently), GTA Online has been the best arcade racing game for a couple of years now. Some of my friends never touch free roam, missions, or PVP content; they just login and race.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
In a console generation that has sorely lacked arcade racers (until more recently), GTA Online has been the best arcade racing game for a couple of years now. Some of my friends never touch free roam, missions, or PVP content; they just login and race.
I don't see that working for any other franchise. I can see myself login to do a heist, work in my nightclub and later play some races. I wouldn't buy if it was only a racing game.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I preordered RDR2 digitally and got the version that gives you $1,000,000. Does that automatically go to you're account on or is there anything extra I gotta do

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I set up my club at Mission Row in southeast downtown. Quick access to the garage from the back alleyway. Just barrel through at full speed and the entry cutscene catches you at the end. Excellent for leaving behind pursuers.
After doing more of the Nightclub missions as well as the Business Battles, I can't recommend Downtown Vinewood highly enough. So much stuff involves travelling to Blaine County. Also the garage entrance being right on the main road with zero obstructions around it makes getting in and out such a piece of cake, you don't even have to turn, you just jink slightly onto the footpath. The only downside is that the guest entrance looks really shitty.

I chose option 2 for the decor and lighting. Great industrial vibes when you set the dress code to techno.
That's exactly what I did! On my main character:
Name: Galaxy
Style Option 2
Lighting Rig 2 ("Lightning Storm")
Dress code: Techno

On my secondary (active) character:
Name: Paradise
Style Option 3
Lighting Rig 1 ("Cathedral")
Dress code: None

I was very happy with how both came out :)

I agree. Whenever there's a thread here about where arcade racing games have gone, I point out that GTAO is probably the best arcade racer this gen on the PS4 and has sold a few copies ;)

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't own any businesses and have like 700K..is this new dlc for me? lol
As someone who only owns 3 businesses (2 of which actually work with the night club) I can safely say "no."

The club exists as a supplement to existing businesses. If you don't have any, there is a passive income as long as the popularity remains high, but it's barely enough to pay for the property expenses over the time income is generated.

Edit: I should have clarified that you should not invest in this update. But flood is right, you can definitely have fun with it if you partner up with a friend who has access to the new content.

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I don't own any businesses and have like 700K..is this new dlc for me? lol
Well the After Hours DLC includes a lot of stuff:
  • Nightclubs
  • New vehicles
  • DJs
  • DJ missions
  • NC Promotion missions
  • NC Warehouse sales
  • Dancing minigame
  • New clothing
  • New player actions
You can experience pretty much all of that without buying anything, except for the clothes. You just need to find a friend (or even a random) who's bought a Nightclub and the vehicles, and you can do all of that stuff with them.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Somebody report back on LSUR, I won't be near a PS4 for hours.
It seems to be basically the various songs used in Solomun's DJ set. It's not bad as a change of pace frankly.

I just started GTA online any tips ?
Some other small tips:
  • Prioritise getting the Red Dead Redemption 2 revolver and doing the headshot challenge with it - that's $250k that's very handy for a new player.
  • I don't know what platform you're on, but linking your account with the Rockstar will get you a free Elegy RH8, which is a nice quick car to start out with.
  • First car you should save up and buy is the Kuruma (Armored). It's a workhorse that I still use in Heists about 600 levels after starting.
  • Buying the garage on Route 68 and doing the Sandking XL farming trick is another good money spinner for new players. It's probably the first property you should get.
  • The second property you should save up for is a high end apartment, so that you can do heists. I recommend the Alta St apartment (either one).
  • Play lots of contact missions initially, then progress to Heists as you level up more.
  • Racing can be a good way to level up. If doing supercar races (easily the most common), you won't have a custom car to begin with, but the stock X80 Proto is still really good and easily capable of winning in the right hands, so pick that (especially on stunt races).
  • Everything is better with friends. This game has been out for a long time, so experienced players are always looking for new stuff to do: you'll find that most would really love to help show you the ropes and help you progress through the game.

Last edited:

kylecoley182

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems to be basically the various songs used in Solomun's DJ set. It's not bad as a change of pace frankly.

Some other small tips:
  • Prioritise getting the Red Dead Redemption 2 revolver and doing the headshot challenge with it - that's $250k that's very handy for a new player.
  • I don't know what platform you're on, but linking your account with the Rockstar will get you a free Elegy RH8, which is a nice quick car to start out with.
  • First car you should save up and buy is the Kuruma (Armored). It's a workhorse that I still use in Heists about 600 levels after starting.
  • Buying the garage on Route 68 and doing the Sandking XL farming trick is another good money spinner for new players. It's probably the first property you should get.
  • The second property you should save up for is a high end apartment, so that you can do heists. I recommend the Alta St apartment (either one).
  • Play lots of contact missions initially, then progress to Heists as you level up more.
  • Racing can be a good way to level up. If doing supercar races (easily the most common), you won't have a custom car to begin with, but the stock X80 Proto is still really good and easily capable of winning in the right hands, so pick that (especially on stunt races).
  • Everything is better with friends. This game has been out for a long time, so experienced players are always looking for new stuff to do: you'll find that most would really love to help show you the ropes and help you progress through the game.
Thanks !

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
LS-UR turned out great, the songs I like are there, they're labelled, no ads or DJ patter, top of the dial for easy tuning. I haven't danced on any blimps yet but the nightclub DLC is still young.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
That's not loading, that's the shitty P2P networking struggling to sync you into the session. My favourite is when you're in a lobby but go through a door and stick on a black screen for long enough to get kicked for AFKing.
If you're launching straight into Online ignore the loading percentage in the corner, up to 90% it is loading the game but after that it's lies. I took about 15 min to finish once, I launch into singleplayer instead now so I can abort without restarting the game if need be.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can session hop a max of about 3 times before I get stuck with a cloud loading screen. Killing the network connection through the PS4 OS will usually interrupt it and push me back to single player. It's been like this for me for awhile.

Load times are real bad God, 5 minutes to enter GTA online
I recommend letting single player load before trying to load into GTA Online (if you aren't already). It's more stable and you are less likely to get stuck in the clouds. Furthermore, I initially load into my own friends session to bypass any potential P2P hangs. Then I'll move over to a public session using the creator trick (it's back), or by joining a friend who's already up and running.

Last edited:

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Killing the network connection through the PS4 OS will usually interrupt it and push me back to single player.
You can launch Netflix or YouTube or something to suspend the game, then go back to GTA. It's faster than turning your network connection off and back on, and instead of dumping you back to single player, it will just look for a new online session instead.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Launching a network test is enough to cut your PSN off briefly without suspending GTA, I think you can even cancel the test without finishing it for maximum rapid.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You can launch Netflix or YouTube or something to suspend the game, then go back to GTA. It's faster than turning your network connection off and back on, and instead of dumping you back to single player, it will just look for a new online session instead.
Unfortunately this isn't an option as those two won't launch with HDCP disabled (which I have done to prevent the HDMI blackout issue that PS4 Pros suffer from).

Launching a network test is enough to cut your PSN off briefly without suspending GTA, I think you can even cancel the test without finishing it for maximum rapid.
Hmm, I thought this would just outright close the game. I'll give this a try next time it happens.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The second unlockable RDR2 weapon has been added to GTA Online. You unlock it in GTAO, complete a challenge with it, and you automatically unlock it for yourself in RDR2. This one (Stone Hatchet), is the second one. The first was the pearl-handled Double-Action Revolver.

EARN THE STONE HATCHET IN GTA ONLINE AND RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2

8b775b99badb4a19f1eb8b36de0683529a5204ef.jpg

With no shortage of reprobates across Los Santos and Blaine County, Maude Eccles has put the dream of a white-picket fence, a husband, and a dog named Skip on hold to reignite her burning passion for justice.

Keep an eye out for a text message from Maude for bounties. Collect these new bounty targets dead or alive to complete this challenge and unlock the location of the Stone Hatchet in GTA Online. Once you acquire this brutal melee weapon, complete the Kills Challenge for a GTA$250,000 bonus and to unlock it in Red Dead Redemption 2 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

And if you haven't already uncovered the Double-Action Revolver, keep an eye on your iFruit for the in-game email from [email protected] that will lead you on a treasure hunt to recover this lost relic – which includes a Headshot Challenge that will bank you an additional bonus GTA$250,000 and also unlock it for future gun slinging exploits in Red Dead Redemption 2 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...tchet-in-GTA-Online-and-Red-Dead-Redemption-2

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Hey, I have a question: now that I have the nightclub and it's full operational, Do I need to go to the business that I assign people to, for exemple, get more supply or they take care of that ?
I have all bussiness from the motoclub + Organization

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Hey, I have a question: now that I have the nightclub and it's full operational, Do I need to go to the business that I assign people to, for exemple, get more supply or they take care of that ?
I have all bussiness from the motoclub + Organization
For the Special Cargo Warehouse(s) or Hangar, you just need to own either of them. Then you can assign a Nightclub tech to the Cargo & Deliveries (?) item.

For the Bunker and all Motorcycle Club Businesses (Cocaine, Meth, Counterfeit Cash, Weed, and Document Forgery) they just need to be running, i.e. not fully shutdown. They don't need to have any supplies, nor do they need to have (or be producing) stock, just as long as the business is running (i.e. you haven't gone in and manually shut it down). Then you can assign Nightclub techs to whichever businesses you want.

The most profitable ones from the Nightclub end:
  • Cocaine (South American Imports)
  • Bunker (Sporting Goods)
  • Special Cargo Warehouse or Hangar (Cargo & Deliveries?)
  • Pharmaceutical Research (Meth)
  • Cash Creation (Counterfeit Cash)
With all that said, unless you plan on doing a heap of AFKing, I personally don't recommend the MC Businesses. If you want to run them in addition to the Nightclub side, they're very fiddly and time-consuming, and the sell missions for them can be excruciatingly tedious. But if you're just planning to have them sit idle while the Nightclub does its thing, and will be spending significant time AFKing (50+ hours) then you can make your money back on them.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
For the Special Cargo Warehouse(s) or Hangar, you just need to own either of them. Then you can assign a Nightclub tech to the Cargo & Deliveries (?) item.

For the Bunker and all Motorcycle Club Businesses (Cocaine, Meth, Counterfeit Cash, Weed, and Document Forgery) they just need to be running, i.e. not fully shutdown. They don't need to have any supplies, nor do they need to have (or be producing) stock, just as long as the business is running (i.e. you haven't gone in and manually shut it down). Then you can assign Nightclub techs to whichever businesses you want.

The most profitable ones from the Nightclub end:
  • Cocaine (South American Imports)
  • Bunker (Sporting Goods)
  • Special Cargo Warehouse or Hangar (Cargo & Deliveries?)
  • Pharmaceutical Research (Meth)
  • Cash Creation (Counterfeit Cash)
With all that said, unless you plan on doing a heap of AFKing, I personally don't recommend the MC Businesses. If you want to run them in addition to the Nightclub side, they're very fiddly and time-consuming, and the sell missions for them can be excruciatingly tedious. But if you're just planning to have them sit idle while the Nightclub does its thing, and will be spending significant time AFKing (50+ hours) then you can make your money back on them.
Thanks for the explanation. I don't have a bunker but I did what you said and this: