• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
It's not just you Lashley:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/95vig1/gtao_terrorbyte_leaked_screenshots_by_me/

I watched a few (actually hours worth) of videos about the stunt racing stuff for GTA online, and I'm really into it. I want to try out this mode myself.

What's the barrier of entry? I just want to do the stunt racing stuff, I'm not really into the GTA games at all. Do I have to play the game to do the racing bit of it?

I don't think races have any requirements, you should be able to jump straight in.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I watched a few (actually hours worth) of videos about the stunt racing stuff for GTA online, and I'm really into it. I want to try out this mode myself.

What's the barrier of entry? I just want to do the stunt racing stuff, I'm not really into the GTA games at all. Do I have to play the game to do the racing bit of it?
None, you can easily start racing from the first moment you login on gta online. It is a really good way to level up and get a small amount of money.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think races have any requirements, you should be able to jump straight in.

None, you can easily start racing from the first moment you login on gta online. It is a really good way to level up and get a small amount of money.

Thanks, I will buy the game tonight.

For cars I have to buy those right? Maybe I'll just get a shark card too. I'll test it the game out before going that route tho.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

As the other guys have said, I don't believe there's any level barrier, you should be able to jump straight in. A few things to note:

• Generally, you can't spawn instantly into a race, except when they're running races as the weekly event. Instead you'll spawn into the GTA world first, and you can then select a race.
  • When racing is the weekly event, every man and his dog will be racing, so lobbies will fill up very quickly.
  • When racing isn't the weekly event, it can be harder to find well populated races. The hardcore racers tend to form their own crews and run private races, so you should look into joining one.
  • Custom cars are expensive, but since you can upgrade them they can give you an advantage in races. Thankfully in stunt races one of the stock cars available to you (X80 Proto) is very competitive without needing anything else though, so even with no money invested you can be mixing it up.
Don't be afraid to try other parts of GTA though. Driving cars is a big part of the game anyway :)

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks, I will buy the game tonight.

For cars I have to buy those right? Maybe I'll just get a shark card too. I'll test it the game out before going that route tho.
Nah, racing rules will allow you to use practically any car in the game. It's similar to an arcade mode in any other racing game.

A couple of things to note though:

• GTA Online will allow you to purchase and upgrade cars in every-day free roam. If you race in a session where the host allows these cars to be used, you might be at a severe disadvantage.
• Your GTA Online avatar will slowly level up stats as you play. Driving is one of these skills. This stat can affect overall car handling, but especially air control. This might not be as much of an issue as car upgrades though, as it will level up pretty quickly if you're racing the majority of your time in the game.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Didn't the PC servers go down right after After Hours released? Might have been something screwy related to that. Unless you've run some mods that might have messed with the tunables or background script?

In terms of how it will play out, I remember during the SSASSS DLC that R* had a tunables issue that let some people buy an unreleased car (possibly the Jester?), and it deducted their money, but then the car was taken away. Maybe just do some digging to see what happened to those people.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
I got my Speedo stuck on some logs last night half a mile from the final drop and I was already sulking because that route is long and dull and every other sale (Chiliad tunnel to Paleto logging). I am going to buy a floating comfort helicopter and maybe remember to put off-road tyres on the Speedo, can't hurt.
Does the Jetsambob normally have a longer hook than the Cargobob or is that just a mission vehicle only tweak?

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't really heard enough of the two after Solomun to say TBH, I hope LSUR ends up with all four sets so I can listen to them outside the club.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I got my Speedo stuck on some logs last night half a mile from the final drop and I was already sulking because that route is long and dull and every other sale (Chiliad tunnel to Paleto logging). I am going to buy a floating comfort helicopter and maybe remember to put off-road tyres on the Speedo, can't hurt.
Does the Jetsambob normally have a longer hook than the Cargobob or is that just a mission vehicle only tweak?
Did you manage to free the Speedo by calling in an Insurgent or something?

Also yeah that's a mission specific tweak. The only difference between the regular and Jetsam is that the Jetsam is way quieter. That's not an advantage to be underestimated though, trust me :)

Who is your favorite DJ ?
I like Solomun in the club, and Tale Of Us on the radio. Haven't heard too much Dixon yet though.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Did you manage to free the Speedo by calling in an Insurgent or something?

Also yeah that's a mission specific tweak. The only difference between the regular and Jetsam is that the Jetsam is way quieter. That's not an advantage to be underestimated though, trust me :)

Tried a Cargobob but it was on its side so it wouldn't hook, grabbed a passing Habanero but the only direction I could ram it was into a corner. Decided to change session and eat the abort penalty instead of waiting for the clock to run out, it was a Special Order I was doing just for the sake of doing one so it was only a few thousand I'd lose either way.
I want a separate volume slider for the bob, that thing is ridiculous.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

The Terrorbyte is a big truck like the Pounder and functions like the MOC.

In addition to being where you can modify the Oppressor Mk II, it also has a remote pilotable drone equiped with a stun gun, you can start supply missions for all of your businesses from there (but not buy them unfortunately), and there'll be missions you can run out of it (just like the MOC).

Paige will be the contact for the Terrorbyte missions apparently.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

The Terrorbyte is a big truck like the Pounder and functions like the MOC.

In addition to being where you can modify the Oppressor Mk II, it also has a remote pilotable drone equiped with a stun gun, you can start supply missions for all of your businesses from there (but not buy them unfortunately), and there'll be missions you can run out of it (just like the MOC).

Paige will be the contact for the Terrorbyte missions apparently.

Be nice to actually get to keep mine this time lol

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I saved a couple of our heist setups while I was doing a Criminal Mastermind run on my alternate character. Theses are the ones that many randoms seem to struggle with, so I thought I'd show the techniques we use, in case anyone finds them helpful or interesting:

Deliver EMP (solo, on Hard):

Trash Truck (Hard):

There are some notes and tips in the video descriptions too.

I have to say that even after all this time, I still love doing the heists.

Last edited:

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When it's good, GTAO is unlike any other game and is utterly brilliant fun. I'm a member of a friendly crew (TEAM) and we have seasons where there's 20+ people all playing in freeroam, doing sales and resupplies, getting on and making crap tons of money. Just in the past two hours I made over a mil, did a bunch of car and bunker sales and then helped some dude sell from seemingly every MC business, netting about 100k for flying about in formation with a bunch of Oppressors and shooting some baddies. Just so much fun. There's really nothing else like it when there's no randoms shitting everything up.

In some ways I wish Rockstar thought harder about the MP mode in this. Money balance issues and general game jank aside, PVP in freeroam makes the game a chore. I feel like if it was pure PvE and no killing players it would be a lot more fun overall.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I saved a couple of our heist setups while I was doing a Criminal Mastermind run on my alternate character. Theses are the ones that many randoms seem to struggle with, so I thought I'd show the techniques we use, in case anyone finds them helpful or interesting:

Deliver EMP (solo, on Hard):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4bfol1thck

Trash Truck (Hard):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_XW8uBTI0c

There are some notes and tips in the video descriptions too.

I have to say that even after all this time, I still love doing the heists.
Great tips and videos!

Now that I have Fridays off again I really would like to put together a Criminal Mastermind crew and finally accomplish this.

I've had at least two major attempts fail, once by someone screwing up and another by a member no-showing for days after completing some of the heists.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Great tips and videos!

Now that I have Fridays off again I really would like to put together a Criminal Mastermind crew and finally accomplish this.

I've had at least two major attempts fail, once by someone screwing up and another by a member no-showing for days after completing some of the heists.
Thanks mate. Criminal Mastermind is actually a lot of fun with an experienced team. You don't need to be master players, you just need to be solid, and have a good head on your shoulders (not true of much of the GTAO player base unfortunately).

If somebody dies, it's still possible to retain your CM progress if everyone immediately quits out. On the CM run for my main character we had one teammate who died twice during Trash Truck but after quitting out both times we were able to continue and still get it done.

It's probably about 9 hours to get it done. My recommendation is to find a group who just want to smash it out as quickly as possible. With my latest run we only decided to do it on Thursday evening and had it done by Saturday night. When you do it like that it's a piece of cake.

If you try and do it in smaller, regular windows then you'll probably find that people lose interest or circumstances change and suddenly not everyone can get on at the same regular time. Plus you can't run other regular Heists while you're doing a CM run, which is torture for someone like me who likes to do them with randoms on a regular basis.

On the subject of failed attempts, in case this experience helps you at all: I tried to do an earlier run on my alternate character with a different team. We originally had a 3 hour window once a week. It turned out to be a disaster:
  • First Prison Break finale attempt: the pilot dies on the runway. Everyone quits out, except him (he put his console into standby instead). He lost it. Restart from the beginning.
  • Second Prison Break finale attempt: pilot crashes into police car on the runway, killing everyone in the plane. This time I'm the only one who quit successfully and managed to keep it: the other two in the plane were too slow, and the final guy in the Buzzard didn't even quit at all lol. Said he was distracted and didn't hear us yelling QUIT! QUIT! QUIT! QUIT! repeatedly. Restart from the beginning.
  • Third attempt: successfully completed Prison Break! After completing first Humane Labs setup it reset for everyone but the host due to a GTA glitch.
In discussing whether to try a fourth time, two guys said they could no longer commit to the same regular time, and we'd only have a 90 minute window each week. After that we pulled the plug (last Thursday) and I tried with a different team (starting later that same night), and we got it first go with no deaths over the course of three play sessions (Thu, Fri, Sat nights). We had a blast doing it.

I deleted the game yesterday. I did a session so long that I can't look at the game now. I will come back later.
I tend to just quit when that happens, but whatever works for you! Haha :)

In some ways I wish Rockstar thought harder about the MP mode in this. Money balance issues and general game jank aside, PVP in freeroam makes the game a chore. I feel like if it was pure PvE and no killing players it would be a lot more fun overall.
I agree. I think part of the problem is that the Housers weren't fans of GTAO, and it was only Leslie Benzies from Rockstar North who was trying to push it. I don't think it was ever properly resourced initially, so it was never planned as well as it probably deserved. There were bandaids to try and fix the PvP problems (e.g. passive mode) instead.

Most of the time PvP in GTAO is between one person who wants to be in PvP, and one person who doesn't. That's not a recipe for a good experience overall.

One if the best things about the new Business Battles is that it's PvP, but only between players who are all willingly engaging in PvP. It's a shame that the rest of the game isn't like that.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a GTAV OT? Looking to get into GTAV again, while waiting for RDR2, and I had a few questions about using Mods. I mainly want to check out some of the Cars/vehicles people have made, but wanted to make sure I dont screw anything up while installing them.

Also, is there a good guide to check to see when its best to use the stock market during the campaign?

Is there a better place to ask about this on ResetEra?

Last edited:

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love GTAO but I don't appreciate getting notifications on my PS4 UI since the last update, don't remember another game ever doing that?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
They need to sort out loading screens and the times it takes to swap lobbies etc for GTAO 2

Also, let us go straight to the next heist setup for fucks sake, and let us replay the heist finale by itself instead of grinding the setups, it's like a f2p mobile game for fucks sake

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I'm getting stuck in the clouds from switching session types with the Rockstar Creator method now. That never happened until After Hours. Engine's coming apart at the seams.

Deleted member 23368

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Great tips and videos!

Same here. Really need to get those trophies on the PS4. I have another person I am starting the Doomsday Heists with, but you need to complete it 3 times for the trophy. Once with 4 people, then 3 and lastly 2.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Yeah I'm getting stuck in the clouds from switching session types with the Rockstar Creator method now. That never happened until After Hours. Engine's coming apart at the seams.
I regularly had that with the SSASSS update, but the After Hours update actually fixed it for me.

I love GTAO but I don't appreciate getting notifications on my PS4 UI since the last update, don't remember another game ever doing that?
Do you mean notifications for the current Event week, or something else?

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I regularly had that with the SSASSS update, but the After Hours update actually fixed it for me.

Do you mean notifications for the current Event week, or something else?

Those yeah, not a big deal offcourse but I can only imagine it becoming a clusterfuck if every game starts doing this.
But I think disabling game alerts in the settings might solve it too.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Great times with Xenex tonight. Sold stuff, goofed off, and worked through most of the preps for Doomsday. We'll finish it up later.

Oh and I guess I joined a cult.
voWgbhm.jpg
I see that Dat Saintsfan used your pic as the thumbnail on his latest youtube video:

screenshot2018-08-13aewcjy.png

Did he contact you for permission?

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I see that Dat Saintsfan used your pic as the thumbnail on his latest youtube video:

screenshot2018-08-13aewcjy.png

Did he contact you for permission?
Haha, I'm famous. And no he didn't ask for permission. He did credit the GTAF thread however. Maybe that's for the best as my character is more of a persona in the GTA community and I don't associate it with any other online communities or accounts.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Terrorbyte & Mk2 Oppressor released but I'm only pasting the bottom half of the post featuring numbers:

With the Terrorbyte's long-range hacking and detection capabilities now at your fingertips, you're primed to make blitzkrieg scores in six new Freemode Client Jobs. Launch encrypted client requests on the go from the touchscreen terminal of your Terrorbyte's Nerve Center and seize opportunities as they develop.

This is no coffee run — you'll have to hack security networks around the city, triangulate targets to find sensitive materials and be ready to execute with shock and awe. From armored transports stuffed with antiques to heavily guarded diamonds in the Vangelico store, to lesser bank robbers trying to make off with gold bullion, no target is safe from your digital gaze.

3015798e6a44240266dfe9fef1c0bb7bd9ab4182.png

Take advantage of 30% off select Vehicles & Modifications through August 20th and keep your foes guessing.

• BF Dune FAV – 30% off (Buy it Now & Trade Prices)
  • HVY APC – 30% off (Buy it Now & Trade Prices)
  • Pfister Neon – 30% off
  • Annis RE-7B – 30% off
  • Armor Plating (Speedo Custom, Mule Custom & Pounder Custom) – 30% off
  • Countermeasures – 30% off
  • Bombs – 30% off
  • Liveries – 30% off
  • Engines – 30% off
  • Aircraft & Land Vehicle Weapons – 30% off
385e3221f0c8f2836d2be14d6e37b9da9e04e260.png

Open new avenues of illicit trade or refurbish your current hideout with 25% off select Properties, Add-Ons & Renovations all week long.

• Hangars – 25% off
  • Hangar Renovations – 25% off
  • Hangar Workshop – 25% off
  • Executive Offices – 25% off
  • Executive Office Renovations – 25% off
  • Executive Office Garages – 25% off
  • Executive Office Garage Renovations – 25% off
  • Custom Auto Shop – 25% off
  • Special Cargo Warehouses – 25% off
  • Biker Clubhouses – 25% off
  • Biker Clubhouse Renovations – 25% off
  • Custom Bike Shop – 25% off
  • Biker Businesses – 25% off
  • Bunkers – 25% off
  • Bunker Renovations – 25% off
Be sure to check out the Social Club events calendar to stay up-to-date with the latest event bonuses and discounts.

If the Terrorbyte makes the office obsolete then maybe I now want an office that's within roof parachute distance of a Personal Aircraft spawn, that'll be handy for the office I may no longer visit.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
So how expensive is the Terrorbyte?

$1.3m with no upgrades, I think the drone station is another $800k but don't recall the rest because I don't want them yet.

Here's a post from before release which I assume was data mined:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gtaonline/...ney_should_i_need_for_terrorbyte_and/e3vfepa/

The upgrades are -interior tint (interior color) $105,000 -interior decal $127,500 -Turret Station $297,000 (supposedly can target up to 5 people at once with guided missiles) -Drone Station $815,000 (this can be used to stun and explode in front of people and I think more such as scanning people and looking at there stats) -Weapon Workshop $245,000 (not necessary if you already have an Avenger or MOC since it's in both of those) -Specialized Workshop $495,000 (this will be necessary for the Oppressor MkII since it's the only place it can be upgraded)

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The Terrorbyte is pretty cool, and the Oppressor Mk II is more fun than I was expecting too (and it's nice that it doesn't replace the original Oppressor).

The Terrorbyte missions I've tried so far (the single player ones) are pretty good, especially the bank and jewellery store ones. Stone Hatchet works quite nicely there :)

Black Madonna's club mix is interesting, it has a slightly more disco-ish vibe than the others. I haven't heard it all yet.

Alright, time to buy a business so I can use that passive nightclub option for them.
Those discounts have been running for three weeks now I think ;)

If you want the passive income from businesses, the five most profitable are:

Cocaine
Special Cargo Warehouse/Hangar
Bunker
Meth
Counterfeit Money

If you leave your game running 24 hours a day, you'll be able to make ~800k every day from your Nightclub with those businesses. Just be aware that LJT will harass you constantly in the phone.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Terrorbyte seems pretty slick so far. I got the drone for the lulz but didn't bother with the turrets since they seem a bit crap, that and the way GTAO is constructed means that if you go on a tear blowing people up you get bad sport points too quickly. Learned that lesson with the MOC. Going to have to play with it a bunch more to get a feel for it's usefulness but I could see this being good for sourcing cars and then doing resupplies without too much dicking around. Now I just need to earn a few more mil for that Oppressor...

Keep trying to decide to upgrade the Nightclub production as well - it's expensive at 1.4 mil but that quicker passive income could be very useful in the long run. It does mean that it puts off getting the flying bike just that little bit longer though.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Those discounts have been running for three weeks now I think ;)

If you want the passive income from businesses, the five most profitable are:

Cocaine
Special Cargo Warehouse/Hangar
Bunker
Meth
Counterfeit Money

If you leave your game running 24 hours a day, you'll be able to make ~800k every day from your Nightclub with those businesses. Just be aware that LJT will harass you constantly in the phone.
Ugh, of course they have. Whatevs. I was specifically talking about the MC businesses. I already have a bunker, crate warehouse, i/e warehouse (can't be used with the nightclub), and the hangar of course. I currently have more techs than businesses they can be assigned too. I made the mistake of loading up on extras when I bought the nightclub without realizing I needed to round out my businesses to give them something to do. So I'll try to remedy this today during my lunch hour stream.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Splurged on the coke business and upgrades. Started things up. Cost me around 3.5 mil to get everything going. But it'll pay for itself soon enough I guess.

Setup mission drama.

Stalkers...

l4VOXTj.jpg

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Splurged on the coke business and upgrades. Started things up. Cost me around 3.5 mil to get everything going. But it'll pay for itself soon enough I guess.
Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but the Nightclub earnings off your businesses aren't affected by whether or not they're upgraded, so the Nightclub earnings from a stock Cocaine business are the same as a fully upgraded one. But obviously it makes a difference to the running of the Cocaine business itself, plus the upgrades just look really cool :)

If you haven't worked the MC businesses before, I'll just say that the supply missions are very fun to experience the first few times, but many of the sell missions are incredibly tedious. So tedious that I don't even run my Cocaine business when it's paying double money now. But if you leave it open (i.e. not shutdown) with no stock or product in it, it's a great money maker via the Nightclub if you go hard on the AFK stuff. Just be aware that LJT will call you to nag you in that case.

For anyone that's thinking of doing the AFK stuff, there's a good technique involving watching TV during contact missions that makes things work very efficiently.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but the Nightclub earnings off your businesses aren't affected by whether or not they're upgraded, so the Nightclub earnings from a stock Cocaine business are the same as a fully upgraded one. But obviously it makes a difference to the running of the Cocaine business itself, plus the upgrades just look really cool :)

If you haven't worked the MC businesses before, I'll just say that the supply missions are very fun to experience the first few times, but many of the sell missions are incredibly tedious. So tedious that I don't even run my Cocaine business when it's paying double money now. But if you leave it open (i.e. not shutdown) with no stock or product in it, it's a great money maker via the Nightclub if you go hard on the AFK stuff. Just be aware that LJT will call you to nag you in that case.

For anyone that's thinking of doing the AFK stuff, there's a good technique involving watching TV during contact missions that makes things work very efficiently.
Thanks for the tips. I'm somewhat familiar with the ins and outs of MC businesses from helping friends with sourcing and selling. I did upgrade for the purpose of actually working the business itself. I will treat it like the bunker and run sales when I think about it.

Love me some EPDust!
;)

Last edited: