• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
So the Terrorbyte doesn't allow you to buy supplies or check your current stock....wwwwhhhhhyyyyyy?
Worse still, even though it can launch the resupply missions remotely, the hangar missions often force you to use a certain vehicle that it spawns right outside your hangar. You can probably see the problem there...

From a business point of view, it does save you time for the businesses that you can't buy supplies for anyway (e.g. special cargo or vehicles), since it saves you having to fly back to your office after each supply mission to start the next one.

The solo missions you can run from the Terrorbyte are unexpectedly good though, they pay 30k+, are quick and easy, and can be run during VIP work cooldown.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
If you're grinding out special cargo, the 5 minute cooldown means you may as well just drive back to your office but I suppose if you're doing it in between VIP missions or whatever, it is useful. It does seem ok for vehicle sourcing though especially if I want to do a few in a row since my vehicle warehouse is far enough away from my office.

My main interest in the terrorbyte was the business consolidation stuff so it's kinda disappointing. I'll still probably buy one when it's on sale.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Worse still, even though it can launch the resupply missions remotely, the hangar missions often force you to use a certain vehicle that it spawns right outside your hangar. You can probably see the problem there...

I was wondering about this, good to know they went for the worst possible (lack of) solution.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Buying supplies is totally wrecking your profits though. If you're happy to buy supplies you should eat the drive back to your base just for being a chump.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Buying supplies is totally wrecking your profits though. If you're happy to buy supplies you should eat the drive back to your base just for being a chump.

Think of it as paying to avoid the tedium so you can get on with doing something else - well worth it and your business is not sitting idle while you source supplies manually. Agent 14 pays you to do the donkey work and you pay some anonymous NPC over the internet to do the donkey work. Now I want a Zonkey, thanks.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
If you're grinding out special cargo, the 5 minute cooldown means you may as well just drive back to your office but I suppose if you're doing it in between VIP missions or whatever, it is useful. It does seem ok for vehicle sourcing though especially if I want to do a few in a row since my vehicle warehouse is far enough away from my office.
If you own more than one special cargo warehouse then there's no cooldown.

Buying supplies is the most efficient way to make money. The time you would've spent doing supply runs can be replaced with more profitable things and you come out well ahead.

Trust me, the numbers have been well and truly crunched.

Last edited:

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I find that a mix of missions and paying is the most efficient. I'll sometimes buy the stuff if it's in the $30k range, but I think the $75k full top up seems like bad value still.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I only have two businesses where I can actually "buy" supplies and I still use this guy's method. The time it saves alone leads to higher earnings.

You will always make money. For example, 75k invested in bunker supplies will always net 200k-ish for the furthest sale location. I just buy supplies, grind I/E and VIP stuff (or help friends with the same), and then come back and make my roughly 120k. That 75k is chump change.

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Using the contact mission AFK method you can buy full bunker supplies for 15k too.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter what the most efficient method is though, so long as you're having fun. You want to have enough money to buy the cool toys, but after that all that matters is that you're enjoying the game.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only time I steal supplies now is when I'm streaming and I want to entertain viewers. Some of the bunker supply runs are genuinely fun. I love the Ft. Zancudo tank theft, for example.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of resupply jobs, do MC businesses get a full supply bar from a resupply or a fraction of a bar?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Oh it let me keep my terrorbyte :)

Renovate from 0 dollars. Saves me buying it again.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
If you own more than one special cargo warehouse then there's no cooldown.
Oh yeah, I suppose you're right. I only stock up my large one. The other 3 are worthless to me these days.

Also, I agree that the Bunker supply missions are pretty fun but during one of the double bunker weeks I went in hard on them and I'm kinda sick of them now so simply buying from now on. I wonder how far I am from the Alien Egg mission.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The only time I steal supplies now is when I'm streaming and I want to entertain viewers. Some of the bunker supply runs are genuinely fun. I love the Ft. Zancudo tank theft, for example.
I agree, the Bunker supply missions are the most fun. I particularly like the stealth ones, I'm a big sucker for the stealth missions in GTAO. Some of the MC ones are good, and I love the dogfighting missions from the hangar too, but I think the bunker ones had the most work put into them.

Speaking of resupply jobs, do MC businesses get a full supply bar from a resupply or a fraction of a bar?
It depends on how many people are in your MC I think. I haven't done them in a long ass time, but I believe solo you'll get one of the little bars (i.e. it would take five supply missions to completely fill your supplies). For the later businesses it depends on whether the supplies are in a vehicle or 'loose', but I don't think MC businesses worked that way (I could be wrong).

Oh yeah, I suppose you're right. I only stock up my large one. The other 3 are worthless to me these days.
I've got the large Darnell Brothers and Logistics Depot warehouses, since they're only a few blocks from each other. They should benefit quite a bit from the Terrorbyte the next time the warehouses are paying double. It's a shame they patched the Avenger trick though, it made them way less tedious.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Hi, all. I recently bought this game on PS4 (played it on both pS3 and Xbone before) since it was on sale for $20. If anyone here wants to play on PS4 hit me up.

PSN: SPENS-PS-TRIPLE

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I tried the prison heist with randoms. I didn't even get to finish the first part. this game is hard.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Made just enough money to afford an Impressor + workshop, should be able to scare up enough for weaponry/mods tomorrow. It would be sensible to wait until Tuesday but nuts to that I want one. If I'm imagining it correctly it'll be very handy, especially if I can Headhunter on it.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Made just enough money to afford an Impressor + workshop, should be able to scare up enough for weaponry/mods tomorrow. It would be sensible to wait until Tuesday but nuts to that I want one. If I'm imagining it correctly it'll be very handy, especially if I can Headhunter on it.
Very Headhunter-able :)

There's a cool and very simple trick/glitch to make the Oppressor Mk II travel way faster too, it makes getting around the map very quick and easy.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

IIRC Headhunter gets you 20k a pop, but if you have the Terrorbyte you can do the contact missions in there and they get you 30ish k a go. More $$$.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
I was doing the Data Recovery Client Job in my Buzzard and got aimbotted out of the cockpit by a bodyguard, reminded me of being new to Headhunter and getting within shooting distance of the bodyguards so that's what I'm wary of considering I'll be more exposed on a bike.
I don't think it'll be a problem as the Oppressor can match the Buzzard for range but it'll be something to consider as I approach missions, like the crashed plane Special Cargo. The Buzzard can swoop in for a crate through the police gunfire and run off with it, I might not be able to get away with that on an Oppressor. But we'll see, it'll be entertaining figuring out the new techniques.
I also want to check out the complaints on Reddit about taking an hour to land it. Is it that bad at landing or are people just forgetting to shed altitude before they arrive and blaming their tools?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I was doing the Data Recovery Client Job in my Buzzard and got aimbotted out of the cockpit by a bodyguard, reminded me of being new to Headhunter and getting within shooting distance of the bodyguards so that's what I'm wary of considering I'll be more exposed on a bike.
I don't think it'll be a problem as the Oppressor can match the Buzzard for range but it'll be something to consider as I approach missions, like the crashed plane Special Cargo. The Buzzard can swoop in for a crate through the police gunfire and run off with it, I might not be able to get away with that on an Oppressor. But we'll see, it'll be entertaining figuring out the new techniques.
I also want to check out the complaints on Reddit about taking an hour to land it. Is it that bad at landing or are people just forgetting to shed altitude before they arrive and blaming their tools?
The Oppressor Mk II has the super duper homing missiles, so they can track a moving vehicle no problems (unlike the Buzzard), and you can turn and go on a dime.

As reported though, losing altitude is very difficult, the maximum angle of descent is still really shallow and trying to lose altitude quickly is an exercise in frustration. If you want to pick something up, you need to have started your descent well in advance: it's more like landing a jumbo jet than a helicopter :)

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
The Oppressor Mk II has the super duper homing missiles, so they can track a moving vehicle no problems (unlike the Buzzard), and you can turn and go on a dime.

As reported though, losing altitude is very difficult, the maximum angle of descent is still really shallow and trying to lose altitude quickly is an exercise in frustration. If you want to pick something up, you need to have started your descent well in advance: it's more like landing a jumbo jet than a helicopter :)

I think the well in advance is the important bit, I regularly see people flying straight at the Vinewood Hills and then having to stop and climb instead of following a smooth arc over them from takeoff. You know where you're going, how did the mountain range en route come as a surprise? Or the classic Titan of a Job experience where you don't realise at first how different landing a massive plane is but now the landing strip guide on the minimap makes sense - it's handy for the big planes being able to line up with a runway that's well off-screen. Plan ahead, you're not doing anything else during the flight!
I noticed you can turn off the Avenger's engines when in plane mode, I want to figure out a way of using that to pull off a slam landing because that thing's awkward switching from plane to chopper to land when you're speeding along.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody playing on xbox one? We've got a group of 3 from ERA and would love to find more people to play with.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Got home from vacation on Saturday and finally had time to buy a Terrorbyte. Did enough of the client missions to get the trade price on the Oppressor Mk II. I only flew it around for a few minutes before I went to bed, but it seemed fun. How has the griefing been with these things? It felt pretty slow. The boost recharge system is also a bit vexing.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

The Scramjet is the Mach Five from Speed Racer.

I regularly see people flying straight at the Vinewood Hills and then having to stop and climb instead of following a smooth arc over them from takeoff.
That bit's not really a problem, because as a hover bike it just climbs over whatever terrain you put in front of it. The same goes for most vehicles and the sides of tall buildings (quickest way to climb in it). It's just losing altitude that's slow. In the Deluxo you could just deactivate the hover mode and sink like a stone when you needed to. No such luck with the Mk II.

Got home from vacation on Saturday and finally had time to buy a Terrorbyte. Did enough of the client missions to get the trade price on the Oppressor Mk II. I only flew it around for a few minutes before I went to bed, but it seemed fun. How has the griefing been with these things? It felt pretty slow. The boost recharge system is also a bit vexing.
It's basically a Deluxo with a smaller hitbox and countermeasures. Boost recharges whenever you're off the throttle, and the top speed via the wiggle trick is impressive.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25751

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Picked up an Oppressor MK II and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I'm not into any PvP stuff so I'll usually just go passive and fly around watching the chaos that is a public lobby. Kind of use it like a spectator camera. Another thing I'll do is look for a low level player and hop off the MK II so they can try it out.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
AKA The rocking horse technique, leaning forwards and backwards repeatedly (don't stop wiggle wiggle) allows you to cheese the boost.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Now that I have Fridays off again I really would like to put together a Criminal Mastermind crew and finally accomplish this.

I've had at least two major attempts fail, once by someone screwing up and another by a member no-showing for days after completing some of the heists.
Did you have any luck putting a group together EPD? If you were doing it on Fridays then I might be able to help, depending on what time. I already have it on both characters but if you're struggling to get a group then I'm more than happy to help (I love the heists).

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
phew no 50% discount on the Hunter. I am a savvy consumer!
Black Madonna played Art of Noise last night and she dances so she's officially the best now BTW.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Did you have any luck putting a group together EPD? If you were doing it on Fridays then I might be able to help, depending on what time. I already have it on both characters but if you're struggling to get a group then I'm more than happy to help (I love the heists).
Thanks for asking. I was not able to put together the team. Spenny joined us for a few hours yesterday though. Once we get him leveled up we might give it a go. We have a constant 4 players who can be on at certain times then I think. One of the potentials really wants to get some practice in because it's been awhile since they've played through most of the heists. We played through Pac Standard and it went alright, save for a few mistakes that we wouldn't have chanced if we were going for CM.

The only dilemma I'm running into is that I'm currently running a poll (scheduled to end on Friday) to decide which game in my backlog I'm going to play through for my Twitch channel. This may mean setting aside GTA Online for awhile.

If you want to join in so that we can give it shot, I'm normally up and running on Fridays from around 10 a.m. mountain time U.S. I'm good for about 5 hours. Two Fridays like that should be more than enough to get it done.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Thanks for asking. I was not able to put together the team. Spenny joined us for a few hours yesterday though. Once we get him leveled up we might give it a go. We have a constant 4 players who can be on at certain times then I think. One of the potentials really wants to get some practice in because it's been awhile since they've played through most of the heists. We played through Pac Standard and it went alright, save for a few mistakes that we wouldn't have chanced if we were going for CM.

The only dilemma I'm running into is that I'm currently running a poll (scheduled to end on Friday) to decide which game in my backlog I'm going to play through for my Twitch channel. This may mean setting aside GTA Online for awhile.

If you want to join in so that we can give it shot, I'm normally up and running on Fridays from around 10 a.m. mountain time U.S. I'm good for about 5 hours. Two Fridays like that should be more than enough to get it done.
OK, that's 2am - 7am Saturday morning for me: sorry but I'm out :p

I was thinking that if you were doing late afternoon or onwards your time on a Friday I might be able to make it. Sounds like you'll be able to sort a crew out regardless though.

It takes about 9 hours all up, depending on how well you know the heists, and yeah, I think it's quite smart to do it in two big blocks like you're suggesting. If you're looking for tips on any of the heists or setups let me know. I'm not the greatest player, so for me it's always about having the best strategy instead :)

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Just FYI, you only have to win one round of the Hunting Pack (Remix) game mode to get the trade price for the Scramjet. You don't have to win the entire match. Being on the attacking team almost guarantees that win, and since it saves you $1.2MM, it's got to be the best "earnings"-to-effort ratio of any job in the game.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Alright it looks like everything is in place for the CM challenge. We'll be starting shortly.

Feel free to drop by: twitch.tv/epdust

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Damn it, they took it down. For anyone who's wondering, it was the Paige Harris character from GTAO constantly (like every 20minutes or so) tweeting the official Rockstar games twitter account with Paige's annoying phone call spam from the game (about buying the Terrorbyte). I want to buy the creator a beer lol.

Alright it looks like everything is in place for the CM challenge. We'll be starting shortly.

Feel free to drop by: twitch.tv/epdust
I tried to watch the first bit. I've never used twitch before so had to download it, make an account, etc. When I finally jumped through all of those hoops it was laggy as hell though, basically unwatchable. I'm on a 100 Mbps HFC connection. Is it always awful quality? Anyways, I did see you crash your Buzzard and land your Scramjet in a pool, so hopefully that's your bad luck out of the way and the CM run goes better :D

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Firefox hates Twitch today so I'm watching in Chrome and trying to change my password so I can log in but the stream itself is fine.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Haha, well the low quality might be my fault. I'm streaming from the PS4 OS at 1080p. I am also capturing everything to publish on YT later.

Everything is going well so far. *knock on wood

Edit: Alright, we are up to the 2nd setup for Series A. We had a failure on the EMP setup in Humane Labs, but we just backed out and started the setup again. Challenge is intact.

I'll be editing what I captured and uploading over the weekend in parts if you guys want to check it out. Thanks to everyone who stopped by for the stream! We will try to finish on Friday next week around the same time.

Last edited: