• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Wouldn't the pisces be even easier seeing as you can easily land a Hydra on it and you can't so much the Aquarius? Some one actually listed that as a bonus of the Pisces over the aquarius.
Aquarius has the advantage of the giant rear deck, big enough to land an Avenger, or Hydra, or most things. Pisces has the advantage of easier access from front to rear of the yacht, awning over the Piracy Prevention capture point, and slightly faster bundled vehicles. I have the Pisces on my main and Aquarius on my alt.

The Avenger parking is pretty useful because you can then use the Avenger tail as a giant springboard to dive into the spa :)

Getting a free yacht with a helicopter was too good to be true.
It can still be useful if you set your yacht as your spawn point, or have your yacht moored close to another spawn point. Kind of an edge case though.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I need to try this next time our schedules align.
Deal. Preview:

iS0Cr3e.gif

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
I think you're thinking of the Volatus. The Supervolito would be nice if the skids were just a little longer. The Volatus looks cool and is super-fast, it just needed wider landing gears to stop it toppling over sideshow on uneven ground.

Yup I was confusing them. I've been playing story mode so anything better than a Frogger is luxurious for now.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Haha yep. You're better off just grinding out TB client jobs.
I haven't got one of those yet. Can those client jobs be done solo?

In regards to Red Dead Online, I wonder if they're going to have anything like business and heists. I'm not really interested in the PvP stuff in GTAO so I wonder if RDO will have anything that loners like myself can grind out.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
In regards to Red Dead Online, I wonder if they're going to have anything like business and heists. I'm not really interested in the PvP stuff in GTAO so I wonder if RDO will have anything that loners like myself can grind out.
Info is very thin in the ground.

Rockstar have said that they want to take inspiration from the best content updates for GTA Online, specifically mentioning Heists, Gunrunning, The Doomsday Heist, and After Hours.

They've said that their key goals are keeping the player base together, and that they want it to feel like a Rockstar experience, combining personality, gameplay, style, narrative and variety.

The original Red Dead Redemption Online did have PvE gang hideouts to go through too (they were probably the most high profile feature of it TBH).

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Terrorbyte is finally on sale so time to buy. MC Businesses are also on double. Maybe I'll do some of that but those god damn postal vans.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeeeahhhhno MC businesses can go fuck themselves. I swear that they've turned up raid rates too. Even with security upgrades I'm getting raided every other time that I activate my MC with any amount of product stored.

It's just not worth it. I emptied them out and use them to fuel nightclub stock.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't ran my MC businesses since buying them, they all have less than $30k of product left over in them from the setups. Less than $60k this week! Might as well empty them out and buy some Terrorbyte wallpaper.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Having fought off a raid as soon as I registered and then dragging a pair of Dodos around the map for $90k I am extra convinced that MC businesses are 100% dreadful. I had the dune buggy bunker sale beforehand, awkward jobs are okay if I'm getting a quarter million for them.
Why is Paige keeping a change of clothes in the Terrorbyte, she's not living in there while I'm not looking is she?

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Having done a bit of MC sell missions over the week, you know, I don't think they're that bad iiiiffffff you only have to do a one vehicle sale. Even the post ops mission is fine outside of the context that it is a bit too slow when there's people flying around on magic bikes trying to blow you up. It does take a bit more babysitting to make sure you only have one delivery vehicle which is made more annoying by the fact that you can't check stock levels in the terrorbyte.

That said, I'm fine with no touching MC businesses again until the next double cash week.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I haven't had a chance to play RDO online yet, but I've been checking the thread on it periodically and it sounds like they took all the stuff I hate about GTAO and made it worse. No separate free aim vs. aim assist lobbies? No passive mode?! Absurd in-game economy to the nth degree. Hoping I can get on tonight, but my hopes and expectations have been heavily tempered and it makes me sad.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't had a chance to play RDO online yet, but I've been checking the thread on it periodically and it sounds like they took all the stuff I hate about GTAO and made it worse. No separate free aim vs. aim assist lobbies? No passive mode?! Absurd in-game economy to the nth degree. Hoping I can get on tonight, but my hopes and expectations have been heavily tempered and it makes me sad.
Yeah I'm hoping a lot of this is because beta. I can understand the lack of private sessions and even passive mode. It is a beta and the goal is to stress test things. Forcing players to interact makes sense.

Unfortunately I doubt the economy is going to get any better. GTAO proved that people are willing to pay insane prices for in game currency; or dedicate chunks of their lives to the grind. Longevity depends on the player base, which is almost guaranteed to be there considering RDR2's commercial success.

I'm waiting until the beta smoke clears to see what we end up with. I haven't purchased the game yet and honestly I don't really care about the story. This probably works out for the best. I have far too much in my backlog thanks to GTAO.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I haven't had a chance to play RDO online yet, but I've been checking the thread on it periodically and it sounds like they took all the stuff I hate about GTAO and made it worse.
These were my thoughts on RDO last night after playing for about 6 hours in a group of four friends to begin with, and then two friends at the end.

THE GOOD
  • I had no connection or lag issues, which is pretty amazing for launch night on a game of this size.
  • Loading is so much faster. Bliss!
  • The story missions felt like co-op versions of the Stranger missions from SP. I haven't done them all yet, but I hear they get even bigger, and if that's the case they'll be Heist level. That's awesome, and what I was hoping for.
  • The stealth co-op missions were fantastic and as good as any mission in the SP.
  • Although they toned down the number of NPCs in the world by quite a lot, everything else (particularly weather and animal spawns) is identical to SP, which I was hoping for but not expecting.
  • It was a heap of fun mucking around with friends, we spent half the night lassoing each other and jumping from horse to horse or getting into fist fights and had a blast (and plenty of laughs) just with that.

THE BAD
  • The economy seems grindy but in a particularly annoying way. I get that you need to save up for horses and clothes and weapons, sure. But having things like food be super expensive really sours the gameplay experience. My horse nearly starved because I couldn't afford to feed it at one point.
  • That also ties into the loot system, where there are no real items to be found in things like gang hideouts. At least give us something, cans of food or anything really.
  • It's a competitive loot system, so if you're in a team and kill people, looting the corpses (which is the only payoff in random freeroam encounters) is first in, best dressed. If my buddy kills everyone, I can swoop in and steal all the spoils and he gets nothing (even if we're in the same posse). That's BS.

THE UGLY
  • No passive mode is horrific. Troll posses are camping things like stores and mission start markers so that you effectively can't play the game at times. If this doesn't get fixed pronto then I'm out.
  • Travel time sucks the big one. The map is effectively twice as large as SP, and your horse is way slower, the open world is 100x more dangerous, the train is no longer a fast travel option, and stage coaches cost a significant amount of money.
  • They nickel and dime you on everything. Just keeping you and your horse fed can be a struggle, and that isn't fun.
  • There needs to be a simple and cheap fast travel option, even if it's only to your camp or to generic regions.

I'm waiting until the beta smoke clears to see what we end up with. I haven't purchased the game yet and honestly I don't really care about the story. This probably works out for the best. I have far too much in my backlog thanks to GTAO.
The SP experience was amazing, and I personally rate it as the second best game of this generation behind The Witcher 3. It might not be your cup of tea, but I still honestly think it's worth checking out on its own, even if you never touch Online.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing if there's no Friendly Free Roam equivalent, it's hard to waste hours in the wilderness when some random dickhead decides he wants to deathmatch you every ten minutes.
Friendly Free Roam Fun Fact my brother figured out: Players were immune to bullets and explosive splash damage but R* forgot the Explosive Rifle so if somebody tried griefing you you could reduce them to a fine mist with a direct hit. Justice!

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The modes are.. ok. Looks like the handling for some cars received a slight overhaul. You can wheelie some cars by holding the e-brake and revving the throttle. Release and wheeeeeeee!

The Oppressor MK2 speed bug was fixed. You can still call it in from an MC menu and the missiles are still some of the most accurate in the game. This puts it at about Deluxo annoyance status. No one's going to be out-dogfighting planes with this piece of griefer shit anymore.

A realistic buy-in for the update is around 4 mil. That got me the basic workshop, a living quarters, and a nightmare Dominator with all of the mods I cared about. There are trade prices but they're weird. Unlocks seem to be based on a points system where you receive an unlock after a certain amount are accumulated, but what you get after that amount is reached seems to be totally random. The trade prices go toward everything from discounts on car modifications to masks or clothing. You could be going at this for awhile before unlocking a trade price for something you actually want. Thankfully things don't seem to be hard locked like they were with the gun running research.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played in two years and it seems like they changed Social Club settings? I used to be able to go online and make custom playlists but I can't anymore

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
They're fun enough for a little while but it's ultimately another pvp mode that we don't need. They put a decent amount of work into the presentation of it for something they must have known would die quickly like the thousand other pvp modes. Maybe they really did just supe up an adversary mode just so they would have a dlc to put out in December.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well at least the vehicles are genuinely fun, though totally worthless for anything productive in freeroam. I really dig some of the new clothes too.

8lxo8teb1UycSk5POVZSjQ_0_0.jpg

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i hopped on and looked at some of those prices. dear god, so glad i'm trying to 100% rdr2, because i am not ready for this shit. :P

wtf is trade price on clothes? 200k for a costume. blech.