• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Some bikes that are prone to understeer like the Akuma handle GTAV's snow surprisingly well. Liberal e-brake use works great for corners.

Otherwise just grab an armored SUV like the Nightshark so you won't have to worry about the troll NPC traffic. I swear they've turned up their aggressiveness in the Arena Wars update. Random cars are crossing several lanes of opposing traffic to make themselves into obstacles. I haven't seen this kind of behavior since the Import/Export update first dropped.

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
Are the hover vehicles affected? I like threading the OP2 through traffic at speed, I hope it's extra greasy on snow.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
You can unlock the Up-n-Atomizer gun through business battles at the moment. It fires a shockwave that sends people and vehicles flying (like that gun in Minority Report).

Playing a bit of the Arena War stuff, it's actually a lot of fun. The monster trucks vs minis one needs to show monster trucks on the mini map, but all of the ones I've tried have been a lot of fun. It's a shame about the terrible levelling system and price unlocks though, those systems are just taking the piss.

I was doing some tobogganing in the Blazer Aqua off the top of Mt Chilead, I also highly recommend trying that before the snow ends (Stromberg should work too) :D

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Vigilante is surprisingly versatile in the snow. Hit the boost to overcome wheel spin and use the snow's understeer properties to keep the thing from flipping.

Unlocked the Atomizer. Thanks to Jason Frost for hanging around to help Business Battles spawn.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Hmm, is this live now? Might be worth firing up the game for a few seconds.
It's definitely live now. You also get the Up 'n' Atomizer, and some other stuff.

EDIT: Other stuff:

Slasher Festive Sweater
Firework Launcher
10 x firework rockets
25 x sticky bombs
25 x grenades
5 x proximity mines
5 x molotovs
Full snacks
Full armour
Grotti T-shirt
Weeny T-shirt
Chernobog liveries (galaxy, trees camo, candy cane, it's a wrap, deck the halls)

Last edited:

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
38017a6e03ac052d1945a62322179e6df2bb8af2.jpg

In addition to the festively adorned Vapid Clique, play today and also receive a bounty of Christmas Day gifts that includes the Up-n-Atomizer Pistol, Liveries for Chernobog, the Slasher Festive Sweater, and enough throwable explosives to start a large-scale conflict. Then, play every day this week to receive even more holiday gifts:
  • Dec. 25 – Vapid Clique, Up-N-Atomizer Pistol, Slasher Festive Sweater, 5 Festive Liveries for the Chernobog, Firework Launcher w/ 10 Firework Rockets, 25 Sticky Bombs, 25 Grenades, 5 Proximity Mines, 5 Molotovs, Full Snacks & Armor
  • Dec. 26 – Blue Bleeder Festive Sweater & Festive Liveries for the Mammoth Avenger
  • Dec. 27 – Green Slaying Festive Sweater & Festive Liveries for HVY Barrage
  • Dec. 28 – Hail Santa Festive Sweater, Free Nagasaki Buzzard & Festive Liveries for the APC
  • Dec. 29 – Blue Cluckin' Festive Sweater & Festive Liveries for Buckingham Akula
  • Dec. 30 – Merry Sprunkmas Festive Sweater & Festive Liveries for Comet Safari
  • Dec. 31 – New Year's Eve Gift (Black & Red Bones Festive Sweater, Fireworks and more), free HVY Insurgent Pick-Up & Festive Liveries for the Pegassi Oppressor
  • Jan. 1 – New Year's Day Gift (Red Bones Festive Sweater, Fireworks and more)
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60786/Festive-Surprise-2018-in-GTA-Online

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Small PSA:

There's a transmission bug that currently affects the Toros (Lamborghini Urus), Brutus (Tango & Cash Battlewagon), and yet to be released Schlagen GT (AMG GT-R): if you upgrade their transmission in any way from stock, then once they hit top gear they'll be stuck in top gear until you reverse.

So best to leave the stock transmission in them currently (although it's tougher to hit top gear in the Brutus, so less of an issue with that car).

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
I like the Brutus most for accidentally hitting every other car on the road and sending them flying like a really really angry Insurgent so I'll be ok with the wonky gearbox. If I can fire the Atomizer out of the window at the same time that'd be grand.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hey everyone, Broughy is putting together a campaign to have R* remove the advanced handling flags in GTA Online.

I'm not normally one to support petitions or causes for video games (aside from things like the premature shutdown of Gravity Rush 2's online services), but I might as well support one for a game I've spent so many hours with.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Hey everyone, Broughy is putting together a campaign to have R* remove the advanced handling flags in GTA Online.

I'm not normally one to support petitions or causes for video games (aside from things like the premature shutdown of Gravity Rush 2's online services), but I might as well support one for a game I've spent so many hours with.

The petition:
https://www.change.org/p/rockstar-g...lags-handling-line-from-36-cars-in-gta-online

The email template:
https://pastebin.com/u2YYpYzQ

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Looks like no new cars this week. Instead there are laser versions of the LMG and Minigun. I think they're basically just visual re-skins, but I guess people will start testing them shortly. They use the same ammo pool (sadly). The laser LMG doesn't need to be reloaded though, which is something. They're a little under half a million each.

For bonuses, some people are reporting that the double money on bunkers and Terrorbyte missions have been extended, but sometimes that's just because people haven't logged out and then back in. We'll see.
EDIT: Yep, they were morons who hadn't logged out.

Facilities are on sale.
Festive clothes are all gone.

Vehicle discounts:

Vagner
Shotaro
X80 Proto
Zentorno

Issi Classic

Thruster
Stromberg
Hydra

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I should point out that the daily login and business battle festive sweater unlocks are still available. They're deleted from your wardrobe, but you can still equip them by visiting a clothing store (Tops > Festive). They'll show up with a tick already next to their name, and you can just select them to equip them.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Full newswire article:

UNHOLY HELLBRINGER & WIDOWMAKER WEAPONS
PLUS LATEST GTA ONLINE DISCOUNTS & BONUSES
78f456dfdc23aec56adc737a01cc917205a0a237.jpg

Are you concerned that your favorite rifle doesn't spit molten chunks of Second Amendment hot enough or fast enough for the 21st century?
Well fret no more, and welcome to the future of freedom: you can now own the new and exclusive Republican Space Ranger Edition weapons, the Unholy Hellbringerand Widowmaker, available at your local Ammu-Nation.

Double GTA$ & RP on the Arena War Series continues this week along with the following vehicle-based competitive modes, through January 14th:
  • Hasta La Vista
  • Vehicle Vendetta
  • Vespucci Job
In addition, all Biker Business Sales are paying out double cash for the same period.

If you have yet to get your Biker Business up and running, or if you're looking to diversify your criminal portfolio, take advantage of 35% off Biker Businesses. And check out the full list of this week's discounts below:

9266c698bb5279219e1d15fd68a05b077b4a6a27.png

MAMMOTH THRUSTER: 30% OFF

8d69e2ceb06d465baa0a1301475cc68f9ce778af.png

DEWBAUCHEE VAGNER: 30% OFF
  • Biker Businesses – 35% off
  • Facilities – 30% off
  • Grotti X80 Proto – 35% off
  • Mammoth Hydra – 35% off
  • Nagasaki Shotaro – 35% off
  • Weeny Issi Classic – 35% off
  • Dewbauchee Vagner – 30% off
  • Mammoth Thruster – 30% off
  • Mammoth Avenger – 35% off
  • Ocelot Stromberg – 30% off
  • Pegassi Zentorno – 30% off
For more information on all the latest GTA Online bonuses and coming Arena War events, head to the Social Club Events page.
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60795/Unholy-Hellbringer-Widowmaker-Weapons

Last edited:

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
39wXfFK.png

Yeah it was a fun 5 minutes. My GTA V disc is finally back on the shelf. MC bonuses can go play in traffic.

Here's to hoping for cars next week.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Haven't touched the game in 2 weeks. Lobbies were ghost towns today, even with the phenomenal bonuses this week. I guess this is what happens when R* doesn't provide compelling bonuses for too long. How quickly the player base moves on.

Anyway, the Schlagen GT is a great car. The price isn't too bad either. Bonus: no shitty advanced handling flags. Easily the best car to come along in awhile IMO.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Haven't touched the game in 2 weeks. Lobbies were ghost towns today, even with the phenomenal bonuses this week. I guess this is what happens when R* doesn't provide compelling bonuses for too long. How quickly the player base moves on.

Anyway, the Schlagen GT is a great car. The price isn't too bad either. Bonus: no shitty advanced handling flags. Easily the best car to come along in awhile IMO.
I'll probably log in to buy (and modify) the Schlagen, and pick up the Chernobog while it's on sale. But it's only proper content that will bring me back to the game now.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
2X on Doomsday Heist Finales will be great for anyone who wants to make bank off Act 2. If anyone needs a hand with that (when it arrives) then I'm happy to help out. It's easy:

Sub team:

Avenger team:

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Totally down for act 2 when this happens.

Also the Bandito is like the best thing to happen in GTA Online since forever. The mind fucks with it are awesome. I've been chasing people to rooftops all day with it.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
If I've already gone through GTAV last gen, but didn't touch online, is it possible to just go into a private lobby, and play it as a purely free roam game without having to replay tge story, or does it restrict features compared to the story?

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If I've already gone through GTAV last gen, but didn't touch online, is it possible to just go into a private lobby, and play it as a purely free roam game without having to replay tge story, or does it restrict features compared to the story?
Yes, you can play GTA Online totally in a private lobby.

Most of the newer businesses are restricted to public sessions; and that's where you'll find most of the money. Stuff like import/export, cargo, motorcycle businesses, gun running, smugglers run (planes), night club deliveries, and even the doomsday heist content will require that you venture out and rub elbows with the trolls, tryhards, and griefers.

There are ways to manipulate your network settings to guarantee an empty public lobby though.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, you can play GTA Online totally in a private lobby.

Most of the newer businesses are restricted to public sessions; and that's where you'll find most of the money. Stuff like import/export, cargo, motorcycle businesses, gun running, smugglers run (planes), night club deliveries, and even the doomsday heist content will require that you venture out and rub elbows with the trolls, tryhards, and griefers.

There are ways to manipulate your network settings to guarantee an empty public lobby though.

Gotcha.
I'll probably get the one with the 8 million shark card, so I can get rid of some of the grind. I kinda want to stick with just goofing around, listening to the radio like on the PS2 ones.
Silly question: does the PS4 version have in game Spotify integration for radio?

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gotcha.
I'll probably get the one with the 8 million shark card, so I can get rid of some of the grind. I kinda want to stick with just goofing around, listening to the radio like on the PS2 ones.
Silly question: does the PS4 version have in game Spotify integration for radio?
That's not a bad idea though 8 mil won't get you too far these days. Make sure you do some research before you spend a cent in game.

I don't think there's a Spotify radio station but you can use the app on the PS4 while muting the in-game radio. I think that's what one of my friends does.

Send a PM if you want to hang out online. The thread isn't active but there are some of us who are still playing regularly.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I don't think there's a Spotify radio station but you can use the app on the PS4 while muting the in-game radio. I think that's what one of my friends does.
Jimnymebob That's exactly what I do. I have the in-game music volume set to zero, and I have a GTA V playlist that I just play through Spotify. The only thing it doesn't offer you is the ability to only play your Spotify music when you're in vehicles.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the Opressor MkII whenever it was on sale recently and it is pretty fun. It makes running various businesses more efficient. I'm not an arsehole who flies around blowing up people who are minding their own business.

I see no use for the Deluxo and the jetpack but I might buy them since they're on sale.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The MKII makes the Deluxo obsolete, imo. Other than the Marty McFly mobile being able to carry two players the MKII is better in every way.

I just keep mine around for Back to the Future nostalgia.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
The MKII makes the Deluxo obsolete, imo. Other than the Marty McFly mobile being able to carry two players the MKII is better in every way.

I just keep mine around for Back to the Future nostalgia.
You make a good point but I have some money to burn and it doesn't look like they're gonna give us a new business to pour money into any time soon.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So has anyone been using the driverless car glitch with the RC? We've been trolling people with it all week. I was streaming with MultiverseMob earlier and I nearly had a heart attack over some of the shit we came up with. At one point we were chasing other players with sentient BMXs.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Doomsday Heist Finales are paying double money until Thursday. If you want to make GTA$, then Act 2 finale on repeat will make you a tonne of money in no time.

I bought the Opressor MkII whenever it was on sale recently and it is pretty fun. It makes running various businesses more efficient. I'm not an arsehole who flies around blowing up people who are minding their own business.

I see no use for the Deluxo and the jetpack but I might buy them since they're on sale.
The Thruster is great, it's a helicopter you can have delivered to you in the street, and you can land it anywhere. Plus it's nearly impervious to missiles from the rear.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ahh, allow me to reminisce a second but being here from the beginning personal transportation progression in gta online for me went: free elegy -> armored kuruma -> ceo buzzard -> deluxo -> oppressor -> bikers oppressor mkii. moving around the map is so easy now the only thing left would be a teleportation device.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
ahh, allow me to reminisce a second but being here from the beginning personal transportation progression in gta online for me went: free elegy -> armored kuruma -> ceo buzzard -> deluxo -> oppressor -> bikers oppressor mkii. moving around the map is so easy now the only thing left would be a teleportation device.
And hell, once you have enough properties with sleeping quarters dotted around the map, you kinda do have teleportation in free roam mode.

Haribokart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is permitted in here as a little bit of self promo, but I have recently really got into GTA again after a year off. I mainly do races/playlists most days @ 7PM GMT/2PM EST however find it a little difficult to get the lobbies to fill up (I blame battle royale) so if you guys are interested to join in add me up on PSN - my username is 'haribo_kart'. I don't use party chat but do stream to Twitch @ twitch.tv/haribokart while I'm playing so we can still communicate, have recently played with ExitPlanetDust and had a blast :)

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope this is permitted in here as a little bit of self promo, but I have recently really got into GTA again after a year off. I mainly do races/playlists most days @ 7PM GMT/2PM EST however find it a little difficult to get the lobbies to fill up (I blame battle royale) so if you guys are interested to join in add me up on PSN - my username is 'haribo_kart'. I don't use party chat but do stream to Twitch @ twitch.tv/haribokart while I'm playing so we can still communicate, have recently played with ExitPlanetDust and had a blast :)
Good times. Definitely join these guys if you're looking for a fun variety session. I usually avoid adversary modes, but Haribokart is usually able to pull together enough players to make them worthwhile.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I'll probably be on this weekend for 2x contact missions. I haven't played much in forever. I did hop on the other night to see how widespread the "Lester airplane" glitch was and HOOO BOY. This was the map in the first random lobby I got popped into:

K2e91jn.jpg

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll probably be on this weekend for 2x contact missions. I haven't played much in forever. I did hop on the other night to see how widespread the "Lester airplane" glitch was and HOOO BOY. This was the map in the first random lobby I got popped into:

K2e91jn.jpg
I didn't realize how magical the 380 could be until this week. Anyone dumb enough to do this in a public session deserves whatever hilarity befalls them. Besides, if they weren't AFKing, they'd be chasing all of us down on their broomsticks.

I even ran into a few KD farmers who felt like trying their luck with a moving target. Easy combo kills with the atomizer VS the meme bike and a Bandito to kill them on respawn at the pickup/drop off area.

Last edited: