• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please check what the cheapest price for a facility is when they can get in? Basically what's the buy in cost to be able to start the doomsday heist?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Can someone please check what the cheapest price for a facility is when they can get in? Basically what's the buy in cost to be able to start the doomsday heist?
Loading in now, standby for prices :)

There are 9 Facilities:

Paleto Bay $1,250,000
Mount Gordo $1,465,000
Lago Zancudo $1,670,000
Ron Alternates Wind Farm $1,855,000
Zancudo River $2,100,000
Route 68 $2,312,500
Grand Señora Desert $2,525,000
Sandy Shores $2,740,000
Land Act Reservoir $2,950,000

Various upgrades for the Facilities:
Style (up to $450,000)
Graphics (up to $175,000)
Orbital Cannon $900,000
Security Room $775,000
Lounge (up to $340,000)
Sleeping Quarters $150,000 - $290,000

Fully spec'd most expensive Facility is $5,880,000.

Legendary Motorsport:
Coil Raiden $1,375,000 (Tesla Model S)
Ubermacht SC1 $1,603,000 (BMW i8)
Ocelot Pariah $1,420,000 (Jaguar F-Type?)
Pfister Comet Safari $710,000 (Porsche 911 rally)

Southern San Andreas Super Autos:
Vapid Riata $380,000
Declasse Yosemite $485,000

Warstock Cache and Carry:
Chernobog $2,490,000
Barrage $1,595,000
Volatol $2,800,000
Akula $2,785,000
RCV $2,350,000
Stromberg $2,395,000
Khanjali $2,895,000
Thruster $2,750,000
Deluxo $3,550,000
Avenger from $3,450,000

Last edited:

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some cool stuff there, glad I didn't piss my 30M away at gunrunning vehicles or warplanes. I don't care about PVP that much.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Biggest disappointment right now is that you have to host the heist missions to get trade price for the vehicles used therein. In the original batch of heists, you just had to complete the mission to be able to purchase them. AH WELL. I did several missions with a random this morning and mostly enjoyed it.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Hoping y'all can help me out, I love the GTA series but I'm struggling to enjoy the Online aspect. Very few of my friends are gamers, even fewer with headsets (which I lack), this game, online access, etc.

Never been a big fan of online games myself and find I'm usually slaughtered/harassed by other players as soon as I start (probably doesn't help I have a female avatar).

I really want to check out the content exclusive to GTA Online, mostly I just want to mess around with flying cars/jetpacks.

Any suggestions as to guides/resources/whatnot to ease my way into GTA Online? Maybe I should keep an eye out for a GTA digital cash sale over the holidays? Right now I'm really wishing this was a new single player campaign.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, reset is really not into GTA huh? Massive new DLC, doesn't seem to be an OT for it, it looks like a fairly big deal. I had 4mil saved up from my last period of activity so I purchased the new Facility right away. It looks like there's a hell of a lot to be excited about here. Flying cars and jetpacks fuck yeah.

Hoping y'all can help me out, I love the GTA series but I'm struggling to enjoy the Online aspect. Very few of my friends are gamers, even fewer with headsets (which I lack), this game, online access, etc.

Never been a big fan of online games myself and find I'm usually slaughtered/harassed by other players as soon as I start (probably doesn't help I have a female avatar).

I really want to check out the content exclusive to GTA Online, mostly I just want to mess around with flying cars/jetpacks.

Any suggestions as to guides/resources/whatnot to ease my way into GTA Online? Maybe I should keep an eye out for a GTA digital cash sale over the holidays? Right now I'm really wishing this was a new single player campaign.

GTA is a super weird game. It's something I'm comfortable with since I was with it since the start, but I can totally see how it's an overwhelming, hostile place. Like any aging online game, it's about accretion of content, and at this point there are dozens of layers of content. The Reddit for GTAO is a great place to start, they have comprehensive beginners guides. Without paying for money (which I've never done), it's probably going to be something like 80 hours before you will get to the cooler toys, but you will be able to play with them by helping others do missions. Accept invites, learn to play the game and be an asset, you can quickly make a ton of money that way.

You'll want a CEO business asap since it gives you access to a lot of useful things, and methods of making money. GTA is mostly about balancing a grind - the amount of time you invest is up to you, but it's a game that can be quite efficient, and the methods of grinding are fairly fun in themselves. You can buy a vehicle warehouse and steal/sell cars, a bunker to make weapons and businesses to sell drugs (these are passive earners too, so you combine them with other activities to generate constant revenue). If you played all the heists and then the businesses in order you have a very rewarding growth experience and an absolute shit load of game to play. It's absurd how much content there is.

It's a game with lots of very expensive items, and you're not really meant to have everything. Stay goal oriented with an eye on the money making stuff first, and you'll get there in time.

As for trolls etc, I just see them as weather. Either avoid, find new lobbies or engage for a bit and have some fun too.

Beans

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unlocked the trade price for the Deluxo I think I'm gonna have to purchase

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have my copy atm can anyone tell me if the new military/utility vests can actually be worn with the military shirts.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All of the yes.

sUNeM_pVcUO5qmmvzavoWQ_0_0.jpg

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
How's the new update?

Taken part in most updates over the years (only because of hacked in money, this game is awful without it) but haven't touched the game in about 4 months. Need to convince my friends to come back to the game if this update is any good and find a money dropper.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
here's my 2c from playing a couple hours. new vehicles are super expensive. new facility base is massive. playing heists with randoms is still terrible. lag is currently in a bad way, got stuck in the 'loading clouds' five times. new radio station is like the third hip hop station, come on rockstar you have had a huge catalog and deep knowledge of music, why more hip hop? lots of new clothes and player customization options, this is going to take a while for people to get a handle on and make some interesting combos. heist missions are varied and fun to play, only could play three to completion out of six i started, because, again, randoms suck.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Played through a few setups with Siteseer and a friend. Other than the requirement to do some of the initial missions in a public free roam, I was definitely getting old Heist vibes. It will be a long time before I can afford any of it, but it's fun to tag along. Payout was comparable to the older heists. The facility is awesome. Very '60s - '70s spy movie.

And the orbital cannon can fuck off. $500,000 a shot isn't enough. Someone was already happily spamming one of the free roam sessions we were in. It disintegrated an insurgent pickup in a single shot. I recommend constantly saying on the move in free roam now.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And the orbital cannon can fuck off. $500,000 a shot isn't enough. Someone was already happily spamming one of the free roam sessions we were in. It disintegrated an insurgent pickup in a single shot. I recommend constantly saying on the move in free roam now.
this right here. any cluster of players in free roam now have a gigantic target on their heads.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking about that yesterday as I fearfully moved 4 deluxos across town solo and nobody fucked with me. I think the game has kind of flooded the users with "go here kill this" in free roam which means you can often go about your business unmolested since for the most part folks are doing their own thing or chasing down some other poor schumck.

As for prices, this is around what I expected. Each DLC seems to come with a new base for 2-3 mil, then high end stuff at around 4. I usually choose one or two items per dlc to go for and I'm happy with that. Having a bunker already running and access to car sales etc along with the new heists means there should be a nice stream of cash coming in. I really enjoy the plate-spinning grind in this game, I think it's actually well balanced. Getting toys like the Oppressor or Deluxo is endgame material, and it genuinely feels special when you're able to get them.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So I kind of want to get back on this (Playing on PC) but how do I make money? I need money! Also what did I miss? I also need a group >.>

I forgot all the controls, anything to remind me that isn't easily discovered by accident?

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I kind of want to get back on this (Playing on PC) but how do I make money? I need money! Also what did I miss? I also need a group >.>

I forgot all the controls, anything to remind me that isn't easily discovered by accident?
money?: just play and grind, or buy shark cards.
what did you miss?: apparently a lot. where does one begin? i'd say join a good group and just play missions, whatever pops up on your phone and get a feel for what you like, or read a lot on wikis, reddit, etc.
good groups?: try to find a 'peaceful' crew that plays on pc. i only know of 'cewl crew' and 'mcceo' for ps4.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Is it actually possible to play this game without some random dickhead mindlessly killing you with some overpowered weaponry?
I start the game up yesterday, buy my Facility and within 10 minutes of starting missions someone is on my ass with a Oppressor. I switch lobbies, try to do those missions again just to find someone camping my Facility with some sort of futuristic tank. And then today I spawn in, spawn a helicopter so I can quickly fly where I need to be and before I've made it even halfway through the city someone shoots me down with their helicopter, and continues to just killing while I'm on the ground forcing me to go into Passive Mode.

SevKnight

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
City of Apples
I'm pretty lucky that I mostly get into lobbies with chill people selling their stuff. I did notice a sizeable decrease in trolls when I switched to free aim lobbies. My friend is a jinx though cause whenever he joins it's like a flip gets switched and suddenly we start having people chasing us when we sell his stuff. Lmfao

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
money?: just play and grind, or buy shark cards.
what did you miss?: apparently a lot. where does one begin? i'd say join a good group and just play missions, whatever pops up on your phone and get a feel for what you like, or read a lot on wikis, reddit, etc.
good groups?: try to find a 'peaceful' crew that plays on pc. i only know of 'cewl crew' and 'mcceo' for ps4.

Can't you have businesses or something? I only have a house and garage.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Something called the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack has appeared in the Australian PlayStation Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP1004-CUSA00411_00-STARTERPACKOG001
Includes:
  • GTA$1,000,000
  • Properties:
    Executive Office
    Gunrunning Bunker
    Counterfeit Cash Factory
    Biker Clubhouse
    Apartment
    10 Car Garage
  • Vehicles:
    Dune FAV
    Maibatsu Frogger
    Enus Windsor
    Obey Omnis
    Coquette Classic
    Turismo R
    Pegassi Vortex
    Huntley S
    Western Zombie Chopper
    Banshee
  • Weapons and more:
    Compact Grenade Launcher
    Marksman Rifle
    Compact Rife
    Outfits and Tattoos
It costs AU$67.95, which is $52,10 or €44.02.
I did the math, if you were to buy all of the above (excluding the outfits and tattoos) you'd have to pay GTA$9.034.400, which would cost you $120 in Shark Cards ($100 for the Megalodon Shark Card which gives you $8mil and $20 for the Great White Shark Card which gives you $1.25mil).

Last edited:

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't you have businesses or something? I only have a house and garage.

Your best resource would be Reddit, they have a bunch of beginner guides that explain the structure. As a very brief overview for which you won't have proper context yet, the order of businesses you would buy goes CEO > Car Warehouse > Motorcycle club drug business > bunker > aircraft hangar > facility

At the very start of the game, just play it. Do missions, be a random on heists, do races and get some good vehicles. Make money slowly but surely. Being a CEO is useful for all sorts of reasons and opens up avenues to make reliable money, but the buy-in will take 20ish hours of normal play. The game isn't necessarily a grind unless you treat it that way. To me, there's just a lot of content.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I'm away on holidays so can't play at the moment. A couple of quick questions:

Are you able to store more vehicles with this update?

How does the number of players in the heist affect the payouts, and are player numbers flexible in all of them, or only some of the setups/finales?

What's the best Facility location, in everyone's opinion?

Taffer

Oct 27, 2017
I can say that the cheapest facility at the north end of the island is an ungodly distance away from everything and adds a hefty commute to the missions and the one in the wind farm is accessed by driving slowly uphill along some mad bendy dirt roads. I'm nowhere near buying one yet but I'm deciding which ones I don't want.