• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Update: full price range:
Until June 14th 2022:
  • GTA Online: $10,10,£9 on Xbox, free on PS5
  • GTA V (Story and Online): $20,€20,£17.5 on Xbox, $10, 10, £8.75 on PS5
  • Story mode not sold separately
From June 15th 2022:
  • GTA Online: $20,€20,£18 on Xbox, $20,€20,£18 on PS5
  • GTA V (Story and Online): $40,€40,£35 on Xbox, $40,€40,£35 on PS5
  • Story mode not sold separately

Pre orders went live in Austrlia but I am not sure what the actual USD launch price is, it costs $15 AUD which in direct conversion will end up at around $10 USD. After June 14th the price will increase to $40 USD, €40, £35.

EDIT:
Correction: it is $15 AUD on PS5, $30 AUD on Xbox with Online being $15 on launch. Reason being that GTA Online is already free for PS5 owners for the first 3 months of launch.

Last edited:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
WHHHHAT?

no fucking way.

I don't think the ps4 version ever dropped below $23 AU, so this is surprising.

Though if this is just the campaign that may explain why.
Can't resist that $15 price tag even if I bought the ps3 one at launch and completed it.

Online will be free?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
that's incredibly surprising lol

i might doube dip on ps5 for the RT mode since the PC version won't have it.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
If that happens for NA then it's a day 1 IMO.

I'm thinking back to when the ps4 version launched and Target had a 50% off deal if you traded in a ps360 disc. And I thought that was a good deal.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
First tweet makes it seem the Story mode will be sold separately, but as I understand it, it is either just GTA: Online or the regular package of campaign+online.

Considering I held out on buying last gen, maybe if the upgrades are good.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say I'll get it at that price but realistically what does it have over the ps4 version?

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
I expected 70USD (and it would sell a shitton at that price), but that's surprising

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
bought the PS3 version back at launch, skipped the PS4 version, fuck it, its so cheap imma get it.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
……..Fine, I'll buy GTA V for the 5th time. I just hope to hell that I can transfer my PS4 save over.

edit:
playstation blog said:
PS4 and Xbox One players will be able to transfer both their GTAV Story Mode progress and their current GTA Online characters and progression to PS5, with a one-time migration.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I was on the fence, but I'm in at that price. Just need to see how the PS5 version compares with the XSX version.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
If this is 15$ they will also get me to buy it. I haven't played this since it originally came out.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
The one time i was okay for a game to be full priced they do this. ( I have to many games to play right now and don't know where to start/end)

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
Despite owning a X360, a PC, a PS4 Pro (at one point), and a PS5 now I have never played GTA 5 before. Usually I like to pick up physical games on PlayStation but if the digital discount is as generous as it is in the UK, then I'm in for some raytracing goodness.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Xbox seems to be $30 AUD for GTA V, and $15 AUD for online.

I'm GUESSING that if OP isn't a mistake, it's because GTA Online is technically free for PlayStation players to own for the first 3 months after release right? So they get an even better deal

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
200.gif

Xbox seems to be $30 AUD for GTA V, and $15 AUD for online.

I'm GUESSING that if OP isn't a mistake, it's because GTA Online is technically free for PlayStation players to own for the first 3 months after release right? So they get an even better deal

Yeah, some of expected GTA Online to be some price.

Which means those with Plus should just claim it regardless if they want to play it or not. I do the same thing for all monthly Plus games.

I have so many games I claimed I never installed or played, going back to 2013. Hell, even on PS3.

Last edited:

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
First tweet makes it seem the Story mode will be sold separately, but as I understand it, it is either just GTA: Online or the regular package of campaign+online.

Considering I held out on buying last gen, maybe if the upgrades are good.
Pretty much. The Xbox version of the listing said as much:

Requires access to Grand Theft Auto Online for Xbox Series X|S. Get 50% off GTAV: Story Mode for Xbox Series X|S until June 14, 2022.

The question then becomes 'how much will the standalone GTA Online cost on Xbox'? Reasonable assumption would be 'about the same as the standalone Red Dead Online', which worked out at $20 (which would then make the RRP of the full package $60, which would make sense).

[Edit] Well, there you go. GTA6 Next-Gen is going to be available as GTA:O with optional single player DLC. You can also buy both in a single package.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Have they announced if they're doing anything with the PC version?