• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
I tried. The concept is really interesting. The characters are likable.

But the main gameplay loop is extremely boring and the combat is terrible. Gave up after a few hours.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
It was actually the reason why I bought my PS4 after liking the first on Vita so much.

I don't really get why some people seem to dislike the Side Quests so much, I was actually really happy, as the only ones.in the original were from DLC.

Way too many fail conditions that were very strict and sometimes obscure. There was this mission with a dog that made me ragequit for a week. The side quests are very subpar compared to the main missions. I did end up finishing the game though. Kat is a 10/10 as a character unfortunately everything else falls wayward.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I love the idea of Gravity Rush, but I don't think it holds up that well on console (aside from controls being improved). They made compromises to make it work on the PS Vita, and that weren't upgraded enough for a console title. Like the world looks incredibly gorgeous, but it is very simplistic. No indoor environments, no interesting NPCs, no shops to buy things from, no vehicles to drive. It's like a big diorama, or a 3D painting. Just not enough meat to make it interesting. The characters also should have been given voice acting imo. Kat has a great design, and could be an iconic character with a proper script and vo.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Agreed! Every time the game has been on sale I've spammed my group text with links to the PSN Store/annoyed the shit out of friends by telling them to get it lol.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
I could've done without the stealth parts, but it was a seriously fun game, sad it never took off the way it should have

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, I have this game. I should play it some time. I just really didn't like the first one lol. What are the odds I will like this one if the first one did nothing for me?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even play through it, I just throw on Spotify, or not, and fall around for 20-60 mins sessions. Gravity Shifting is still the most intoxicating traversal mechanic in gaming for my money.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The first game kinda sucked. It was one of those better in theory than execution kind of things. Nice concept, poor game. Turned me off ever playing the second one.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I was looking forward to it.

Then I played the demo.

After about ten minutes I was no longer looking forward to it.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I really tried to like this game but, the mission design just wasn't enjoyable. Lots of the missions felt tedious or boring compared to the 1st game. Game mechanics were top notch though and exploring the world was amazing but yeah... it disappointed me. I did beat the game so i gave it a fair shot. GR1 is just so much better. It's such a shame since i was really looking foward to the game but it dissapointed me so much that i still haven't even bothered with the free Raven DLC.

It's a shame the series seem to be dead to be honest since there was a some potential for a third entry ironing out the issues and giving us a great game but now i'm not sure it will ever happen.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved it.

The characters were great, Kat in particular, and the story was much better than I thought it would be. One of my fave open worlds design wise.

The traversal was definitely a highlight, it's a lot more free form and involved than Spider-Man's.

Nov 17, 2017
I personally find the traversal more fulfilling than Spider-Man. Both games feel brilliant to move around in but whereas Spidey can oftentimes feel automatic, falling with Kat is always exhilarating, it feels boundless.
It really does feel like Kat is at the mercy of gravity. You have an influence over it and can control where you go but it's never 100% strict control. They really show this by how Kat will tumble and turn in the air rather ungracefully. You never feel like you're locked in to your movement, it's really free. I love it; one of my favorite traversal systems.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Besides the core game being mundane in some ways, I found gravity Rush 2 to be very nice. Worth playing, I think.

I especially enjoyed the part where I shipped kat x kratos.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Ignore the battle system and boss battles so that you have lower expectations.
Side content are fetch quests, races and stealth...

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
My take on this game, like some others in this thread, is a bit more negative:

I think the gameplay was fine, but it has a number of rough spots that I never fully grasped. I also thought the missions weren't always fun and that the game would have benefited from being shorter. I oddly wasn't that impressed by the visuals, though I certainly enjoyed them and the designs. I also think some aspects of the story will be more confusing without playing the first game (hard for me to say, since I had played the original).

I guess my general stance on the game, as someone who 100%ed the main story and side missions, is that it was okay. I enjoyed it, but I also got bored. I'm really glad that some people loved it, but I don't think it's for everyone. Personally, I enjoyed the first game more. If this thread helps someone that will love it discover the game, great! But I don't universally recommend it.

For anyone jumping into this game, I'd suggest not feeling compelled to complete every side mission. I appreciated the story bits and world development I gained, but I don't think it was worth the enjoyment cost. (I wish I could put together a list of side missions that I thought were the most fun or provided the most rewarding stories, but perhaps someone out there has already done that analysis.)

Last edited:

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
It's a great deal for the current price, game oozes charm and charisma. I was also very impressed with how creative and fresh the sidequets were. The artstyle is top notch and despite having some annoying missions(stealth, why?) it was mostly a blast to play trough. And Kat is just too adorable.

Edit: Completely forgot that dog mission. Fuck that nonsense.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Played 1 on Vita and PS4 and loved it. 2 was a slog at the beginning, but I completed it and loved it.

The whole story with King Cai and Elektricitie was really cool way to end the game and FPS of Kat looking at the monster was shocking. The ending was left ambigious of course but its nice the game got closure.

This song still make me happy and sad at the same time :(

-

There is only I regret I have. I didn't pre-order the game and missed out on White Kat Costume and having that costume as pre-order exclusive really hurt me.