• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so I finally finished it.

When the credits rolled for the first time I was upset lol, so much stuff unexplained and above all, nothing on Kat's origins. But I figured there had to be more to it and boy, did it deliver.
That last segment where you get to wander around and do sidequests was extra fun because a lot of them were follow-ups to previous sidequests to give those characters some kind of closure which was neat. NPC conversations added some important details to the plot. I'm glad I happened to do "the new world" sidequest last, giving that guided tour and encountering several NPCs along the way felt really nostalgic and was a perfect way to say goodbye to both towns.
Then finally we get a glimpse of the civilization living at the top of the pillar and even experience Kat's daily life as a queen. Finally everything about Kat's origin and previous life was revealed which was very satisfying, I didn't expect Syd to play the part he did.
I also enjoyed the puzzle section, it's a shame the controls are pretty bad for precision jumping, sometimes I can swear I pressed the jump button but Kat ends up walking off the ledge.
The final battle was so Dragon Ball lol, with Kat getting beat down again and again until she's like "this isn't even my final form". She goes through so much in those final hours which made me like her even more.

So yeah, in the end I'm glad we got such an accomplished sequels, the game has a lot of content and wrapped up the story nicely. I forgot to check my playtime but it must've been close to 30 hours an I didn't spend much time on treasure hunts and challenges, did all the sidequest of course, they are one of the best parts of the game.

My biggest gripe is that during combat I spend as much time fighting the camera as I do fighting the enemies, there's this jank that the franchise never managed to shake.

But man, what a great journey this was, 2 games to cherish forever.

Oh, I never realized that NPCs react to gestures. Nice.

Last edited:

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I just beat this game last night and loved it (I beat the first game late last year)

I remember after beating the first game I found a few in depth YouTube videos that discussed the plot, and I've had a look to see if there is anything like that looking at the plot of the 2nd game/series as a whole and didn't really find anything

Is there anything anyone can recommend?

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sorry to double post, but how is the DLC for this game? I just realised it's free on PSN

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the dlc and some things aren't making sense to me.

You stop the events that caused Sachya to become Raven (the bus falling) from happening so:

How are Sachya and Zaza still the same age if that was 50 years ago in Hekseville time? If the bus never fell they should've lived their lives normally and be old by now.

How the hell does Raven still exist? I guess you could say that the creator allowed her to keep existing but wouldn't that be a bug in the system which was precisely what he was trying to fix in the first place?

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
I finished the dlc and some things aren't making sense to me.

You stop the events that caused Sachya to become Raven (the bus falling) from happening so:

How are Sachya and Zaza still the same age if that was 50 years ago in Hekseville time? If the bus never fell they should've lived their lives normally and be old by now.

How the hell does Raven still exist? I guess you could say that the creator allowed her to keep existing but wouldn't that be a bug in the system which was precisely what he was trying to fix in the first place?

I can only comment on the first question

Those are impliend to be the grandchildren of Zaza. It's been a while since I played, but iirc they say the boy's name came from his grandfather and the girl's from an imaginary friend he had as a kid.
So maybe the original Zaza kept some of his memories from before the "time rewriting" from preventing the bus to fall.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I can only comment on the first question

Those are impliend to be the grandchildren of Zaza. It's been a while since I played, but iirc they say the boy's name came from his grandfather and the girl's from an imaginary friend he had as a kid.
So maybe the original Zaza kept some of his memories from before the "time rewriting" from preventing the bus to fall.

Oh right, yeah, they did say that. So since Zaza's grandaughter is a twin of Sachya I'm assuming he married her. Still, their grandchildren being identical to themselves when they had the same age is quite a stretch lol. Since they seemed to be the same kids I just assumed it was them.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Oh right, yeah, they did say that. So since Zaza's grandaughter is a twin of Sachya I'm assuming he married her. Still, their grandchildren being identical to themselves when they had the same age is quite a stretch lol. Since they seemed to be the same kids I just assumed it was them.

I think
Sachya is erased entirely. The Sachya kid is named after the grandfather's imaginary friend. He never met Sachya or perhaps he has dreams of the events involving Sachya since dreams seem to be a recurring thing in Gravity Rush.

Regarding the question as to why Raven still exists is a bit of a mystery but I think it comes down to Xii and Dusty's powers. The DLC has time and the universe pretty much shattered and pieced back together so there are likely some differences and inconsistencies. However it is also known that the world is a "dream". The creators try to steer the dream to keep it from collapsing or the dreamer from waking I guess. So I would argue that certain details can be loss but the dream can still be held. Raven appears to be more connected to Kat through their Guardians in Gravity Rush 2 so I assume the DLC events which occurred between the games strengthened their bonds or at the very least we know that Raven grew stronger with her mastery of the Phoenix form and even using the Sphinx.

Sometimes I think about some of the story elements and I get into this loop of stuff not making sense... Then I remember this.
79tMwa0.jpg

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I think the whole Sachya not being supposed to exist thing is tied to Raven being Kat's other half, which is to say it's a little nonsensical how this all connects, but her existence now is due to that split?

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I think
Sachya is erased entirely. The Sachya kid is named after the grandfather's imaginary friend. He never met Sachya or perhaps he has dreams of the events involving Sachya since dreams seem to be a recurring thing in Gravity Rush.

Regarding the question as to why Raven still exists is a bit of a mystery but I think it comes down to Xii and Dusty's powers. The DLC has time and the universe pretty much shattered and pieced back together so there are likely some differences and inconsistencies. However it is also known that the world is a "dream". The creators try to steer the dream to keep it from collapsing or the dreamer from waking I guess. So I would argue that certain details can be loss but the dream can still be held. Raven appears to be more connected to Kat through their Guardians in Gravity Rush 2 so I assume the DLC events which occurred between the games strengthened their bonds or at the very least we know that Raven grew stronger with her mastery of the Phoenix form and even using the Sphinx.

Sometimes I think about some of the story elements and I get into this loop of stuff not making sense... Then I remember this.
79tMwa0.jpg

I dunno, so his grandaughter being identical to Sachya is just a coincidence and not a result of also being Sachya's grandaughter? Well, if that was the case I guess they would've said they got both their names from their grandparents. The fact that she's just an imaginary friend proves that she doesn't exist anymore. I guess it's pretty obvious now that I think about it, I was just confused because of them looking identical, I'm going to chalk it up to Bit trying to be funny.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, so his grandaughter being identical to Sachya is just a coincidence and not a result of also being Sachya's grandaughter? Well, if that was the case I guess they would've said they got both their names from their grandparents. The fact that she's just an imaginary friend proves that she doesn't exist anymore. I guess it's pretty obvious now that I think about it, I was just confused because of them looking identical, I'm going to chalk it up to Bit trying to be funny.

I mean, uh...

I guess I'm a little confused why you assumed marriage/them both being their grandparents to begin with, given that they were siblings. Adopted, sure, but still.

Though I've seen other people miss the lines about their grandfather and the imaginary friend regardless.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, uh...

I guess I'm a little confused why you assumed marriage/them both being their grandparents to begin with, given that they were siblings. Adopted, sure, but still.

Though I've seen other people miss the lines about their grandfather and the imaginary friend regardless.

It's a Japanese game ;)

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gravity Rush Central is holding a photo campaign on Twitter this weekend. Grab some in-game shots and add #GravityPhotoDays

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Some really great photos in there! I'd be happy to join, but don't really want to make a account just for it... since I don't really use Twitter. If anyone is willing to, I'd appreciate it if you'd post some of my photos for the campaign. Although it is sort of late.

Going to browse through for a bit longer. Thank you for the heads up ExitPlanetDust

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Bad timing for me. Hope it comes again when I replay later. I grabbed GR Remaster during the sale so I'll probably run through both. I am very curious if playing Remaster will change my preference of GR2 over GR1.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some really great photos in there! I'd be happy to join, but don't really want to make a account just for it... since I don't really use Twitter. If anyone is willing to, I'd appreciate it if you'd post some of my photos for the campaign. Although it is sort of late.

Going to browse through for a bit longer. Thank you for the heads up ExitPlanetDust

You have some cool pictures. ^^

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
You have some cool pictures. ^^
Thank you! It means a lot. Especially since some of them took a lot of time to get right.

The whole photo sharing part of the game really stretched my time with the game. Looking for photo opportunities was fun. Too bad most of the photos I ran into in-game was from Treasure Hints lol.

Thanks for sharing maouvin I'm super glad they moved GR2 (and also GR1) from PSVita to PS4. I played GR1 on both Vita and PS4 and it felt so much better with the dualshock.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
Currently playing through the second game and jesus christ is the camera/movement bad in this game when you're doing your gravity stuff. It's extremely close to the point where I just drop this game because I can't be arsed to struggle with this nonsense anymore, even though I like the setting and characters.

So fuckin bad...

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Camera can get wacky at times with three dimensional gravity movement. I usually deal with it by pressing R3 to reset the camera and it works out for me. And, yeah, if you haven't already, disable the motion controls.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I actually like motion controls. They make the game easier for me. Being able to "point n' throw" with the stasis field is downright broken.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Currently playing through the second game and jesus christ is the camera/movement bad in this game when you're doing your gravity stuff. It's extremely close to the point where I just drop this game because I can't be arsed to struggle with this nonsense anymore, even though I like the setting and characters.

So fuckin bad...

So I am not the only one. I just started GR2 not long ago, and wow the camera (at least on default settings) is really bad when using the gravity powers. I don't remember the camera being like this in GR1 Remastered.

I see some of you mentioning disabling the motion controls. Will try it out and see how it goes.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I am not the only one. I just started GR2 not long ago, and wow the camera (at least on default settings) is really bad when using the gravity powers. I don't remember the camera being like this in GR1 Remastered.

I see some of you mentioning disabling the motion controls. Will try it out and see how it goes.

Definitely disable them, they suck

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Highly disagree, but to each their own. I didn't really notice any big difference between the camera in the first and second game (definitely not anything negative at the very least), so it's always weird to read these comments (not that I don't believe them). Maybe I just got used to it after playing a lot.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
It looks like I won't be able to play through it again with the online stuff then, unfortunately.
EDIT: Wait, isn't it next month?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm pretty sure its tomorrow. Heres hoping that there is an update to make some of the dusty token stuff available at least. I will miss the treasure hunts for sure. I didn't get to replay like I wanted to either :(

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: ^ Beaten.

It's July 18 that the servers go down, not June. There's still a month.

LoqqFEJ.jpg

Last edited:

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Oh thats nice. I wonder if I can squeeze in the time to play through it again. I'll probably have to skip the first game like I intended.

Time to reinstall I think!
baxCY2o.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, whoops. Sorry for the mixup! >.<

I didn't get around to getting all of the furniture and gestures from the treasure chests. I might try to get around to doing that this month.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Edit: ^ Beaten.

It's July 18 that the servers go down, not June. There's still a month.

LoqqFEJ.jpg

damn, i still need this custom, i unlocked all the important things, but i still need the pre order dlc.

edit: can anyone photoshop this meme with dusty's texture?

arguecat.png

Last edited:

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018

So I have disabled the motion controls. Its alot better so far.

That is until I hit the Black Eagle mission.

Its the mission where Kat gains the Jupiter style

Tight spaces + garbage camera = Recipe for motion sickness

I am hitting a wall almost every turn during shifting because of how tight the area is. Its so frustrating, it has to be one of the worst sections I have played among any other games in terms of the camera.

I really have no idea how did this mission made it through play testing, its poorly designed.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even have to click the spoiler to know what you're referring to haha, we're all hip

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Just remembered this is the month the online services shut down. I already have everything there is to obtain but I still want to get back into this and get a few more treasure hunts in while I still can. I've not seriously played any game for months now due to work, but I might finally be able to get some time in on the 4th.

Someone wanna help me check if my old time on the sliding race holds up? I never finished my accelerator build and I hit every single wall so I'm sure it's been creamed by now:

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I just started this. I played the first one on Vita back when it launched, I forgot how cool it was to free fall

I have only one question: when I talk to NPCs (the ones on the map with three dots, with general informations) and then manually save, the next time I load they reappear as I never talked to them. Is that normal?
Now I simply save after beginning a mission, but it's annoying