• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't gonna buy Gravity Rush 2 soon cause waiting on a price drop + by the time I got around to playing it the online would be shut down but this is fantastic news.

Now I'm gonna try to round up some money, coupons, and promos and snag a copy for cheap and get on it.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, bought both the remaster and 2 during the sale and wasn't going to have time to do all the online stuff in 2 in the short time left since i wanted to play through the remaster first

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious, playing casually, how long can one be expected to earn everything needed from playing?

Also if anyone wants to add me for faster gains as stated by posters above...
PSN ID: No Depth

Define casually. By just accepting treasure hunts and challenges as they come, and sending challenges, you'll get 6000 tokens in maybe 5 days or so. That's how long it took me. I got them all before even beating the game.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
It felt like this game came out yesterday. While the delay is good news, all of this really just reminds me where the franchise as a whole is headed (in the garbage). Which is disappointing.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Just curious, playing casually, how long can one be expected to earn everything needed from playing?

Also if anyone wants to add me for faster gains as stated by posters above...
PSN ID: No Depth
It's surprisingly fast. I got all the needed tokens in little over a week playing prett casually, no grinding. There are some cosmetic furniture I'm missing still but overall you get all the good stuff fast doing a few treasure hunts and challenges a day.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
It felt like this game came out yesterday. While the delay is good news, all of this really just reminds me where the franchise as a whole is headed (in the garbage). Which is disappointing.
It's a shame it bombed buy I don't think we would have gotten GR3 for a long while anyway. I think Toyama and gang would have moved on to new stuff.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
OaadzwV.gif

Oh boy a year and half!

That's what I thought first but no, its not July 2019, its 19th July 2018. So about six months more.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
It's surprisingly fast. I got all the needed tokens in little over a week playing prett casually, no grinding. There are some cosmetic furniture I'm missing still but overall you get all the good stuff fast doing a few treasure hunts and challenges a day.
Define casually. By just accepting treasure hunts and challenges as they come, and sending challenges, you'll get 6000 tokens in maybe 5 days or so. That's how long it took me. I got them all before even beating the game.

Thanks, I suppose what I meant is whether I am looking at 20 hours worth of running challenges or maybe 5-ish to gather the necessary currency.

Have the game downloaded but not started yet, just getting an idea for what commitment is ahead of me before Monster Hunter takes over my life.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I just got this for Christmas and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get to it before the shutdown.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OnLbSRg.gif

*now wishes this was filled with Kat heads*

Ok, it's a Pyrrhic victory but I'd be damned if our presence these past 30 days didn't feel like we made that much of a difference.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Thanks, I suppose what I meant is whether I am looking at 20 hours worth of running challenges or maybe 5-ish to gather the necessary currency.

Have the game downloaded but not started yet, just getting an idea for what commitment is ahead of me before Monster Hunter takes over my life.
Less than 5 I'd say. But there is a cooldown between treasure hunts for example.

toadfrawg

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to hear about this. Wasn't going to bother trying to rush and get everything before the Jan shutdown, but now I think I might go ahead and play it soon.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Hard to say how long it will take exactly, but you can reach 6000 tokens after little more than a week with just an hour of play each day.

You really shouldn't see it as a grind. The treasure hunts and challenges are some of the most fun parts of the game. More fun than the main and side missions, if you ask me.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Yes praise Yosp!!!!

Now I don't have to grind like a madman for the next five days.

I'll still grind but not that much.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Nice!
Gravity Rush is such a delightful series that it was heartbreaking to not see it be bigger than it was. It was overshadowed by Horizon: Zero Dawn last year (my GOTY, but still), but Gravity Rush 2 was in my top five games of last year. I'm glad that it's not out of the fight yet. I wonder if they've seen an increase in people playing the game and sharing pictures since the original shutdown date.

I think I got all the Dusty points I needed, but maybe I'll pop it in again to rate other people's pics.

MCD250

Oct 27, 2017
Oh that's dope. I think I'm missing two costumes right now. This should be plenty of time to get them.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice!
Gravity Rush is such a delightful series that it was heartbreaking to not see it be bigger than it was. It was overshadowed by Horizon: Zero Dawn last year (my GOTY, but still), but Gravity Rush 2 was in my top five games of last year. I'm glad that it's not out of the fight yet. I wonder if they've seen an increase in people playing the game and sharing pictures since the original shutdown date.

I think I got all the Dusty points I needed, but maybe I'll pop it in again to rate other people's pics.
I'd argue it got overshadowed by Yakuza 0 which came out mere days after GR2.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
The treasure hunts are an absolute blast, glad more people will have an opportunity to experience them. It's fun casually interacting with other players (challenges, hunts, photos, etc), without it being intrusive to story/gameplay.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Weird question. I haven't played this since, well almost a year ago. I started it but can't for the life of me remember, how do you travel between areas?

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question. I haven't played this since, well almost a year ago. I started it but can't for the life of me remember, how do you travel between areas?
You just shift from one area to another (or literally jump off and fall down to an area beneath you). There isn't any loading or anything.

Edit - Oh yeah, the manholes too. I rarely used those though. That sweet drifting!