• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the online should stay up at least until the ps5 comes out, but gamers seem to be selective with their outrage

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
the online should stay up at least until the ps5 comes out, but gamers seem to be selective with their outrage
As opposed to just acting outraged at every tiny thing? Yea, more of those people are surely what we need.

I'm sure people would be upset if this game had online multiplayer or something. It doesn't.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You just shift from one area to another (or literally jump off and fall down to an area beneath you). There isn't any loading or anything.

Edit - Oh yeah, the manholes too. I rarely used those though. That sweet drifting!

Warp between manholes or just fly there. Or if you're so inclined take the rail system ;).

Either through shifting/flying or through so called manholes, which are basically warp points. Each area has at least one. You have to discover them first, though.

Thanks for the help! I hope I'm not sounding too dense, but say I'm in Hekseville, how to I get back to...where the first part of the game took place? I forget what it was called. Is it still just a matter of flying there/manholes or something else?

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the help! I hope I'm not sounding too dense, but say I'm in Hekseville, how to I get back to...where the first part of the game took place? I forget what it was called. Is it still just a matter of flying there/manholes or something else?

Oooh. Depends on how far in the story you are. If you finished the story you can go back by flying past Vendecentre. The map screen should tell you.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
We did it! Sorta...

This is gonna he like net neutrality where we gotta keep delaying the servers being shut down.

This game has online? What is it exactly? I bought it while back really cheap but the case is in Chinese.

Asynchronus MP. You can be challenged to find treasure by using a picture as a hint and you can also do the same for other people. There are challenges you can send others from time trials as well.
Thanks for the help! I hope I'm not sounding too dense, but say I'm in
Hekseville
, how to I get back to...where the first part of the game took place? I forget what it was called. Is it still just a matter of flying there/manholes or something else?

Could you spoiler tag the area please? That moment of the game was so great Everyone should be surprised by it!

Last edited:

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
As opposed to just acting outraged at every tiny thing? Yea, more of those people are surely what we need.

I'm sure people would be upset if this game had online multiplayer or something. It doesn't.
I think a server shutdown of a game released less then a year ago isn't a tiny thing but to each their own I guess.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that is really fanatic news. I still think thats a bit early, i really don't think any games servers should be shutting down during its generation, but i'll make sure to play it by then.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Thanks for the help! I hope I'm not sounding too dense, but say I'm in
Hekseville, how to I get back to...where the first part of the game took place?
I forget what it was called. Is it still just a matter of flying there/manholes or something else?

You are locked out for now but can return later as you progress through the story.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I am very much happy with this decision. I was getting ready to grind over the next few days to get the max Dusty Token count, but now there's no need to rush. Hopefully this gives others who haven't played the game much to experience the online features as well (as they are very fun!).

Last edited:

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! I have all of the dusty tokens items, but I still need some furniture, photo items and gestures from the treasure hunts.

jedmund

Oct 27, 2017
This makes me incredibly happy. I bought at release but haven't had time to play yet, so I was about to rush through it in the next week. I started and had a ton of fun with the first few hours, and I'll probably keep playing but at a normal pace.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's great news, but still sad to see it happen. This game really deserved better.
I really hope they'll do some kind of content patch to unlock everything for future players too.

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are the servers for a 2017 game shutting down in 2018?

I must be missing something because it seems like people are celebrating their shit sandwich being replaced by a slightly smaller shit sandwich.

Jacqli

Nov 26, 2017
I swear I thought this morning about doing the online challenges and getting discouraged. Now I have no excuse.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Why are the servers for a 2017 game shutting down in 2018?

I must be missing something because it seems like people are celebrating their shit sandwich being replaced by a slightly smaller shit sandwich.
It's so weird to see these great! Aweesome! Yeah! posts here.
"Look, we won't punch you in the face tomorrow, only on the next month!"
"Yeahhh! Great! Thank you sir!"

If Microsoft shuts down the Halo Wars 2 servers this year, I would be so pissed, I did not buy the game yet lol.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It's so weird to see these great! Aweesome! Yeah! posts here.
"Look, we won't punch you in the face tomorrow, only on the next month!"
"Yeahhh! Great! Thank you sir!"

If Microsoft shuts down the Halo Wars 2 servers this year, I would be so pissed, I did not buy the game yet lol.

That's because everyone was pissed when this was announced months ago.
Everyone is still pissed, but since Sony doesn't care about what fans might think, this is nice to see that there's a bit more time at least.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I know I will love this series but have not been able to play any of the games yet, it was giving me some serious anxiety thinking I would have to miss out on this. Still think it is BS that it is shutting down so soon, but the extension is appreciated.

I figured that going into this generation Sony would keep online servers up much longer due to PS+ being paid. Oh well.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Still pissed that it didn't come out to psvita... :(
Will get it sooner or later... anyway that's a really good news.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
That's cool news, although it'd be better if they, y'know, didn't shutdown the servers at all. Or at least kept them going for another few years anyway.

Has there been an official reason given for this delay? I'd imagine there's been a resurgence of activity regarding the game's online features lately due to the incoming shutdown and that's persuaded Sony to keep the servers going a little longer.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I know I will love this series but have not been able to play any of the games yet, it was giving me some serious anxiety thinking I would have to miss out on this. Still think it is BS that it is shutting down so soon, but the extension is appreciated.

I figured that going into this generation Sony would keep online servers up much longer due to PS+ being paid. Oh well.
In the case of the GR2 servers, PS+ isn't required, likely giving them more of an excuse to shut them down so quickly after no one bought it.

While having an extension is nice even though I got all the tokens I needed, I still have more furniture to track down, and seeing the online features yanked so soon remains disappointing.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Haha, I just crammed this game over the past two weeks to get all the dusty tokens and treasure hunt rewards before the 18th.

I'm really happy they extended the severs though. It's definitely the right thing to do on Sony's part. For the goodwill alone and for the people that just got the game on sale over the holidays. Everyone should give Gravity Rush 2 a chance before these servers go down permanently. Sharing photos and going on treasure hunts is a really fun aspect of the game.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I just crammed this game over the past two weeks to get all the dusty tokens and treasure hunt rewards before the 18th.

I'm really happy they extended the severs though. It's definitely the right thing to do on Sony's part. For the goodwill alone and for the people that just got the game on sale over the holidays. Everyone should give Gravity Rush 2 a chance before these servers go down permanently. Sharing photos and going on treasure hunts is a really fun aspect of the game.
You want to know the ironic part is? Nintendo is going to patch something in Super Mario Odyssey that is similar to this game's Treasure Hunts.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
You want to know the ironic part is? Nintendo is going to patch something in Super Mario Odyssey that is similar to this game's Treasure Hunts.
Is that ironic?

Well either way, that's exciting. I'm still hooked on Zelda but Mario is definitely my next stop after that. I'd love for the treasure hunt system to be adapted into even more games. It's a really clever mechanic that gives the game a sense of community!

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How about you delay it indefinitely? This is still ridiculous. Fuck. What are we paying Plus for? ( I know this doesn't require it, but the question stands.)

Egida

Oct 27, 2017