• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
source.gif

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
The opening scene in Bad Times At the El Royale shows a character played by Nick Offerman, who's not in the rest of the movie, going into a motel room, decarpeting it, opening up the woodboards, hiding something, and then carefully replacing replacing them and resettling the carpet. I don't know for sure but I bet that they just had Nick Offerman actually do all this and they just filmed and edited it down to a couple minutes, cuz that just seems like a very Nick Offerman thing to do. It's a cool scene:

The opening scene in Bad Times At the El Royale shows a character played by Nick Offerman, who's not in the rest of the movie, going into a motel room, decarpeting it, opening up the woodboards, hiding something, and then carefully replacing replacing them and resettling the carpet. I don't know for sure but I bet that they just had Nick Offerman actually do all this and they just filmed and edited it down to a couple minutes, cuz that just seems like a very Nick Offerman thing to do. It's a cool scene:

I still need to see that movie. I was very interested in it, but it seemed like it was released only in few cinemas and for a very short time..

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
This might fall under acting although it's a skill on its own but the guy who play Howard Wolowitz on The Big Bang Theory does some really good impressions and he's done them occasionally on the show:

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

Ed Helms is fantastic on the banjo. There's a ton of videos out there of him performing some great bluegrass

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Doesn't Nick Offerman do woodwork in real life? Can't remember if there's any good scenes showing off Ron Swanson actually working a lot with wood though.
Nick Offerman owned a wood shop since before Parks & Rec even started. Many of the things that Ron Swanson made in the show are things he made. In the episode where he wins an award for "Chair," a lot of the names are of real woodworkers that he's either worked with or looked up to.

Nick Offerman also played the Saxophone in High School and dabbled with it later on. The Duke Silver scenes are him playing the sax.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Nick Offerman owned a wood shop since before Parks & Rec even started. Many of the things that Ron Swanson made in the show are things he made. In the episode where he wins an award for "Chair," a lot of the names are of real woodworkers that he's either worked with or looked up to.

Nick Offerman also played the Saxophone in High School and dabbled with it later on. The Duke Silver scenes are him playing the sax.
I'm pretty sure you can buy Nicks work online too. He has a shop. It's very expensive and very high quality work (as a wood worker myself I appreciate his insane talent)

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Hugh Laurie (House M.D.) sings and plays piano, guitar, drums, harmonica and saxophone.

John Landis asked his cast if anyone had any special tricks they could do, and Bruce McGill said he could "play his throat," so that was how the character was introduced. Someone else could turn their feet completely around, but Landis said he couldn't come up with a way to make it funny.

Tomita

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to see that movie. I was very interested in it, but it seemed like it was released only in few cinemas and for a very short time..

It was an incredible movie, I would absolutely recommend watching it. Espeically if you like any of the actors involved in it (but also just go as blind as possible into the movie if you don't know much)

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
If there was any doubt Jackie Chan was not only a talented actor (and watch The Foreigner if you think he can't act) but one of the greatest stuntmen, his stunt scenes bookending police story 1 and this one in particular from Project A...

will prove you wrong. Note how there are two takes btw. There was also a third one, but it wasn't used.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Harrison Ford showing off his carpentry skills.

(OK. Maybe that's a bit of a stretch.)

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
[
If there was any doubt Jackie Chan was not only a talented actor (and watch The Foreigner if you think he can't act) but one of the greatest stuntmen, his stunt scenes bookending police story 1 and this one in particular from Project A...

will prove you wrong. Note how there are two takes btw. There was also a third one, but it wasn't used.

Also a nice homage to one of Chan's heroes, Harrold Lloyd, who also did his own stunts.

81SeI9f1z2L._SY445_.jpg

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
Chris Pratt does magic tricks but Neil Patrick Harris is a full on magician, he did a bunch on How I Met Your mother

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Mary Elizabeth Winstead singing in Tarantino's Death Proof.

Besides acting she also sings under the name "Got a Girl".

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
[

Also a nice homage to one of Chan's heroes, Harrold Lloyd, who also did his own stunts.

81SeI9f1z2L._SY445_.jpg

*spoiler warning in case you don't want some of the magic of Safety Last potentially ruined*

A classic, however Lloyd wasn't quite as daring as Chan when doing the main stunt in that film. Though there are several shots of him climbing the building, the iconic clock scene was actually an sfx trick.

651ee6e3bb465bea417471715b2cb12e.jpg

Now, imagine hanging onto a clock that was of a similar height as Loyd in the shots of him scaling the building, but ACTUALLY hanging onto it and then falling WITHOUT ANY safety gear and only two thin cloth awnings and the fucking ground to break your fall. Then doing not one, but three takes. Completely fucking bonkers man. Doesn't get much more dedication to the art than that (as well as some of the other stunts that not only Chan and Lloyd but Keaton and even Chaplin did) , yowza.

Last edited:

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I did not know that.

Harold Lloyd also was missing a thumb and index finger which he hid from the public.

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017

One of the best stunts ever. I'll also say Jackie Chan, but not for his stunt work. Jackie Chan has great songs.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
One of the best stunts ever. I'll also say Jackie Chan, but not for his stunt work. Jackie Chan has great songs.

I knew he directed some movies, including Police Story. Had no idea he composed some of the music too! Jackie Chan is a treasure.

Oh, I did not know that.

Harold Lloyd also was missing a thumb and index finger which he hid from the public.

Reeeheeeheeeally? Well that certainly ups the stakes in his scenes climbing the side of the building for sure! lol

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Bruce Lee and Robert Wall in Enter the Dragon

Robert Wall was getting hit for real by Bruce and broke the guy's arm who caught him behind after the powerful sidekick.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK

Buster Keaton was a right maniac too:

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Steve McQueen was a huge car enthusiast so if you ever watch Bullitt you're basically watching all his car knowledge and skills/stunt driving at work.