• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Combat looks A LOT better than Bound By Flame and Technomancer, i'm surprised.

This game is being made by a studio with 20 people + contractors.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this feels like Spider's big breaktrhough.

Hope it sells well and the recent acquisition by BigBen helps them grow even further.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm this looks pretty good. Combat doesnt look that janky at all

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This studio has so much potential imo.

They really just need one game with a big budget so they can show off.

Greedfall looks so much better than their previous games. Hopefully big-ben gives them at least one try with a 2x/3x budget.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Stopped at the narrator saying "uncharted island" while the camera was showing a city. No, thanks.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Im impressed what im seeing here considering the size of the studio. I hope it sells well.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Big round of stuff from Gamescom and before on the way too, hope y'all enjoy. (any questions etc)

- Is the framerate in the menues capped on consoles? I would really appreciate it if my console wouldn't turn into a jet-engine because the developers "forgot" to cap the fps. I hope that i can look at the map and ingame menues in piece and quiet.

- Is there a fps cap at all in the console version of the game? A solid fps-lock is much better than wildly changing fps (30-60fps).

- Is there widescreen support (pc-version)? 21:9 etc.?

Thank you for your time.

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
You know me, will game support Nvidia Ansel is my question every time XD
No Ancel on this one, apologies.

Since the question will certainly be on the way, X and Pro upgrades are HDR and 4K support.

- Is the framerate in the menues capped on consoles? I would really appreciate it if my console wouldn't turn into a jet-engine because the developers "forgot" to cap the fps. I hope that i can look at the map and ingame menues in piece and quiet.

- Is there a fps cap at all in the console version of the game? A solid fps-lock is much better than wildly changing fps (30-60fps).

- Is there widescreen support (pc-version)? 21:9 etc.?

Thank you for your time.
I'll have to look into the first. I believe we have a 30fps lock on consoles, and no native ultra-widescreen support.

Stopped at the narrator saying "uncharted island" while the camera was showing a city. No, thanks.
You begin in a big city on the old continent (lots of sidequests to do here but you can leave fairly quickly if you prefer), then head to the much wilder Teer Fradee for the majority of the game.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm already sold since the gameplay reveal in June. Hopefully this will fill the hole of big Western RPGs that's been in dormant for a few years now. With CDPR busy with 2077, Bioware and Bethesda busy with their GaaS, this should satisfy my fantasy RPG needs for the time being.

It's not a matter of if, but when will I buy this game. Probably on the review embargo day.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Game looks like it's really shaping up. Glad they are finally showing what the gameplay actually looks like. Deffinitly on my radar now.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Wow, awful title for a game, but it looks incredibly good.

It's like they're filling the void Bioware has left behind. They even seemed to have nailed a combat system with a good tactical pause mechanic, that Bioware screwed up so royally with Inquisition. I know this team have something of a poor reputation with combat, but this genuinely looks better than Inquisition's. Not saying much, perhaps, but given the team size here and the budget... it's really impressive.

Big round of stuff from Gamescom and before on the way too, hope y'all enjoy. (any questions etc)
Thanks for being so proactive =) I know you've answered the ultrawide support question already, but is there any chance of that being added later? It's becoming a much more popular resolution scale for high end PC gamers now, who are the same guys and girls most likely to take beautiful screenshots for social media ;)

Last edited:

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wow I've never heard my of this game until the recent few threads but damn that looked amazing? The combat animations in particular look really good. I'll definitely be giving this a shot. S

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

-are there multiple endings?
-are there some story arcs locked behind some choice?( you can't see everything with one playthrough)
-how long does it take to finish the game?(not rushing/not doing 100%)

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
And this looks really cool.
I really like the creatures and the environnements
i didn't except (gay) romance options,this is a cool surprise.I don't really care about romance in game but hey,that's nice.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So 3 factions are confirmed. The fact that your companion may leave you depending on your choice is also very interesting.

-are there multiple endings?
-are there some story arcs locked behind some choice?( you can't see everything with one playthrough)
-how long does it take to finish the game?(not rushing/not doing 100%)
Great questions.

I'm guessing there will be factions-exclusive story arcs that you'll miss. That's kinda the standard for RPGs like this, you choose a faction and you'll roll with them until the end.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And this looks really cool.
I really like the creatures and the environnements
i didn't except (gay) romance options,this is a cool surprise.I don't really care about romance in game but hey,that's nice.
They already had a (pretty damn good) gay romance option in Technomancer (and that game didn't even let you choose your protagonist's gender so it wasn't just a case of a male romance option designed for a female protagonist also being romanceable by a male protagonist) so it's not really a big surprise.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
The visual style is really incredible when you think about the budget focus home gives their games. Everything looks fluid and the rpg components are really interesting

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to look into the first. I believe we have a 30fps lock on consoles, and no native ultra-widescreen support.

Thank you for the answers.

30 fps lock on consoles sounds good. I'm sure that this would also apply to the menues and the map. But it would be cool if you could varify that.

Bummed that there's no native 21:9 on pc. But most games that don't feature it can be very easily modded.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
giphy.gif

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
Really enjoyed Bound by Flames. I will hop on this train and this looks even better. My question though, is it Steam or EGS? Didn't see it mentioned, cause I would love to try this via Proton if possible. Or hopefully it has a Native Linux version.