• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
I wish September wasn't so stacked. This looks right up my alley. Combat actually does look quite good.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I'm really hoping this game is finally the one where Spiders can get a 80+ Metacritic. Each game has been an improvement I feel, hopefully this will be the one that finally reaches that goal. It looks very unique regardless.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Lol wtf is this game? I've heard the title like twice, but this is literally the first footage I've seen of it and it looks incredible! Focus is really killing it with the hidden gems lately. I might just pull the trigger and pre-order, just to support them and the devs.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really hoping this game is finally the one where Spiders can get a 80+ Metacritic. Each game has been an improvement I feel, hopefully this will be the one that finally reaches that goal. It looks very unique regardless.

I'd say Of Orcs and Men is still their best game. Greedfall has the largest budget they've ever worked with - it's over twice the budget of their previous title, The Technomancer - and from what they've shown so far you can clearly see the production values are considerably higher than any other game they've made before.

Hopefully this will be a pleasant surprise.

Guru_Godzilla

Jul 10, 2018
Looks pretty good. I'll have to keep my eye on this. If it runs well, it'll be a game I grab when I finish my current backlog.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I have to give credit where it's due: allowing same-sex relationships and featuring them in the trailer at that is a good deed. That aside, I hope the romanticization of the time period that serves as the setting for the game is kept to an absolute minimum. Game looks great, just gotta feel great to my conscience too.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I have to give credit where it's due: allowing same-sex relationships and featuring them in the trailer at that is a good deed. That aside, I hope the romanticization of the time period that serves as the setting for the game is kept to an absolute minimum. Game looks great, just gotta feel great to my conscience too.
I'm pretty sure it's a fantasy world with that era influence not actually set in that time period.

I do get what you're saying though but it seems from that trailer you can choose how you play including supporting the natives, being political or I'm assuming colonial but hopefully it won't be as black and white as that.

Jan 4, 2018
This is actually pretty cool, haven't been keeping up with this but I enjoyed what I watched. Reminded me a bit of Dragon Age Inquisition with a bit more of a dynamic combat system.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I have enjoyed Spiders previous games but the setting of GreedFall just doesn't get my juices following, but will probably play if it gets put on one of the subscription services.

Reviews or what .other games I am playing on release may change that.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
Being watching this for a while. Looking right up my street. Never finished it - but being made of 50% Euro Jank myself - I really enjoyed my time with Technomancer.

Certainly my most anticipated September game. It should be Borderlands 3 - but damn, even if the game is great - fucking Gearbox and Take 2 have been such shits for a while now. It's just pushing me away from the game.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
The combat looks very nice and nowhere near as janky as I had expected. As much as I love Piranha Bytes, they really, really need to take a good look at their combat system and get some inspiration from this.

Oct 25, 2017
This video was AWESOME!

Getting some really strong Dragon Age vibes, with Souls inspired combat, obviously, and the possibility to rock a Fable build with that rifle.

I'm so in.

Focus Home is the best.