• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Getting such a Dragon Age vibe from this game. Hope it can fill the void for me. Looking forward to it.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The cover art is not bad at all.
71RtHL-dN-L._SX425_.jpg
That guy needs to focus, there's spiders behind him.

Lekyl

Nov 15, 2017
Can't wait. This is a great indie yet ambitious studio, and their games have a lot of heart.

I took a lot of pleasure completing their previous titles and I'm sure this one will be even better.

stizz

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
I am interested in this game. Never heard of this developer before this is a day one purchase for me. Is there a game event where we can watch this game in action? It would further cement my choice to support this studio day 1.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I am interested in this game. Never heard of this developer before this is a day one purchase for me. Is there a game event where we can watch this game in action? It would further cement my choice to support this studio day 1.
Given you aren't familiar with the developer, I'd really advise against the day 1 purchase. While I'll admit this game looks intriguing and the videos they're putting out convey that well, Spiders doesn't have a great track record, so unless you're into "eurojank" games, maybe give it a day or two for impressions. Or you know... you be you.

stizz

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
Given you aren't familiar with the developer, I'd really advise against the day 1 purchase. While I'll admit this game looks intriguing and the videos they're putting out convey that well, Spiders doesn't have a great track record, so unless you're into "eurojank" games, maybe give it a day or two for impressions. Or you know... you be you.
I understand that it reminded me of rpg i played in the past and was looking for a new fix. I started gaming again in 2016 tried 1 or two releases then. But in 2018 that is when my day one purchases started I usually wait. But so much is coming out this late gen I decided not to hold back on a few purchases... This is the first time I have been interested in a developer since last year. That studio was larian and obsidian one of which I did a day one purchase from. Other than that my day one purchases consist of studios/developers I know.. Including publisher 's.☺

I am willing to look at more gameplay before I decided what to do which I hardly do as the purchases I usually first day buy are purchases from devs that usually release good games. But if I have a shot at giving an indie dev a chance I am willing to gamble.

Last edited:

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
The cover art is not bad at all.
71RtHL-dN-L._SX425_.jpg
Woah that looks great. Way better than the usual generic cover art we get with a guy staring stoically at us.
Anybody else getting Dragon Age vibes from this game? Especially the companion system appears pretty similar to DAO.
It's definitely Bioware-ian by design. Spiders games tend to be lower budget hybrids of Bioware and CDPR, or at least the Technomancer was. This game is clearly inspired by DAI and Witcher 3.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Is there a game event where we can watch this game in action? It would further cement my choice to support this studio day 1.

you can also see some gameplay in this (french) video,a boss fight for example (probably one of the first fight of the game i think),here at 3:30

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
IGN showed 10 minutes of gameplay during an interview with the game director at E3.

Focus has also been putting out some promotional videos on YouTube. They have a playlist for the game with all the media so far.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing a lot of Technomancer since I finally finished Mars War Log last week.

Such an improvement so far at about 18 hours in though I feel like all Spiders games have a good first act and then after that, it feels like they try to rush to the finish so I'm curious to see how it'll wrap up. Spiders have so much potential as a studio, I really hope with twice the budget, Greedfall can finally take them to that next level.

They deserve success.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Such an improvement so far at about 18 hours in though I feel like all Spiders games have a good first act and then after that, it feels like they try to rush to the finish so I'm curious to see how it'll wrap up. Spiders have so much potential as a studio, I really hope with twice the budget, Greedfall can finally take them to that next level.
Technomancer is much stronger throughout, but it falls down quite a bit in gameplay the farther it goes.

It's something they said they learned from (it's one of the main criticisms of the game), so I'm hoping for a smoother late-game in GreedFall.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been playing a lot of Technomancer since I finally finished Mars War Log last week.

They deserve success.
I so dig Technomancer. Not AMAZING but still very enjoyable.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm really positive for GreedFall and I think Spiders could fill a nice niche that Bioware isn't interested in anymore.

Extremely worried about that Bigben acquisition though. After all that shit they pulled with Tennis World Tour I would never ever have agreed to be sold to that company.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool this is out in less than a month. Really intrigued and interested to see some impressions close to release. Really hoping this turns out well.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Just saw a trailer for this on YouTube, this looks potentially fantastic. I've felt really RPG starved this gen so this should be the perfect follow up to my current playthrough of Dragon's Dogma.

Love the pirate/explorer aesthetic too, gives it an identity beyond typical orcs 'n' elves fantasy.

Jarhab

Alt account
Banned
Jul 26, 2019
I'm really positive for GreedFall and I think Spiders could fill a nice niche that Bioware isn't interested in anymore.

Extremely worried about that Bigben acquisition though. After all that shit they pulled with Tennis World Tour I would never ever have agreed to be sold to that company.

I'm worried too but for different reasons. Bigben is the reason why Sinking City is a timed EGS exclusive and there's a good chance they'll pull the same shit with Spiders' future games.

-IZHAN-

Jul 7, 2019
Shut up and take my money!
Man this looks amazing
Witcher 3 + AC
I am going to love it reeeeeee

ChaosSmurf

GLHF
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horsham, United Kingdom
ChaosSmurf
can you tell us about the difficulty level coz i heard it difficult Just like Souls games ?
Four difficulty levels. Depends how you define Souls difficulty level, but if you smash it up to max it's gonna be difficult, but the nature of the game is closer to a CRPG than ARPG (stats, gear, choices, etc), so it'll be more about slow-paced decision making in combat rather than well-timed rolls etc.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Four difficulty levels. Depends how you define Souls difficulty level, but if you smash it up to max it's gonna be difficult, but the nature of the game is closer to a CRPG than ARPG (stats, gear, choices, etc), so it'll be more about slow-paced decision making in combat rather than well-timed rolls etc.
thats good to hear

thank you

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Technomancer.

Good game but holy hell, the backtracking became way too much near the end, constantly having to go back and forth between the underworks and the Ophir districts nearly drove me insane so I kind of just gave up on my last few sidequests and just opted to go ahead and wrap up the story. Quite possibly the most complete feeling RPG Spiders have created yet, bodes well for Greedfall.

Thankfully it sounds like Greedfall has a fast travel system.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I'm worried too but for different reasons. Bigben is the reason why Sinking City is a timed EGS exclusive and there's a good chance they'll pull the same shit with Spiders' future games.
Yeah, BigBen owning both Cyanide and Spiders is a bit of a bummer.

OTOH, BigBen releases their games on GOG, so that's a minor consolation for having to wait out the exclusivity period.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I think the more important worry with the acquisition is localization (Spiders is a French studio). Focus is pretty good at it nowadays, and it's hard to think a smaller publisher will have no effect on quality (both in translation and in voice talent).

Also access to music talent. And whether they'll truly have the budget to make better games.

There's a lot of things to worry about before whatever storefronts they choose to release a game on.

Good game but holy hell, the backtracking became way too much near the end, constantly having to go back and forth between the underworks and the Ophir districts nearly drove me insane so I kind of just gave up on my last few sidequests and just opted to go ahead and wrap up the story. Quite possibly the most complete feeling RPG Spiders have created yet, bodes well for Greedfall.
Yep, that's specifically the criticism they called out as really taking into mind when making GreedFall. (I don't really call it backtracking, because it's just standard hub-based design, but the way they handled travel and encounters makes it such a slog to move through Ophir—a patch that let you bypass the Underworks would have saved the game a huge amount of grief.)

Hopefully they hit it out of the park this time because I don't expect they'll have any more budget for maintenance than they did with Technomancer (which only ever got the one significant patch).

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I had fun with The Technomancer, but this seems to be in a league of its own really, it looks damn good, well except for the faces but I can live with that.

Has there been any more footage after that gameplay overview trailer or not yet?

If it wasn't for too many open world games sitting in my backlog (RDR2, AC Origins, AC Oddysey, Far Cry 5, and now very deep into The Witcher 3)i would definitely consider getting this.