• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Had a strange glitch where all the gear that Kurt was wearing duplicated, upgrades and all. Wondered why I had two of those unique hammers you get for Friendly rep or whatever it is.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I remember people complaining about Vasco's tattoo. Now there's a mod to fix that.

12-1568304180-729245978.png

Why is gold so dang hard to obtain in this game
Yeah, money is hard to come by, but I think it's a positive in a RPG like this. Because it means that the game economy is well thought of. You can't be easily swimming in money and buy all the best item available in merchants. Lots of RPGs I've played fell to the same hole, which makes looting and hoarding items in mid to end game not as exciting anymore.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The game looks good and runs decently on the 1X.
I'm an hour or two in, still in old Serene. I like the combat, though the camera angles are a bit annoying at times during fights.

You guys weren't kidding about that camera bob though. What the hell is that? Why?
It's like the camera is just constantly wiggling when you're walking around, it's really distracting and kinda nauseating. I hope that gets patched.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The tattoos mod kinda makes sense, you know. From what I've learned about the Nauts, when they gain a promotion and attain higher position, they will get more tattoos. Since Vasco is discharged from his position as a captain, it's only natural that he loses some of his tattoos.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Who said I was trying to get the other poster. Their reasoning doesn't make sense, there's nothing in the story so far that I've seen that suggests that. Although I could have missed some obscure naut side quest.
It doesn't really explained like that. You simply need to look around. Every Nauts have tattoos on their face, but the amount is different depending on their position. Dock workers do have tattoos already, but only a glimpse in their cheek. As a captain, Vasco has tattoos covering half of his face. Meanwhile, the admiral has tattoos all over her face.

Oct 25, 2017
Game dropped, back to back, 2 purple rings on me about 6 hours into the game that require level 4 Mind power, and when I finally got to wear it.... lets just say, I just press left click to win now. Magic in this game is far, far too powerful lol. I can kill anything in a few hits.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Game dropped, back to back, 2 purple rings on me about 6 hours into the game that require level 4 Mind power, and when I finally got to wear it.... lets just say, I just press left click to win now. Magic in this game is far, far too powerful lol. I can kill anything in a few hits.

Magic dodge is a godsend. Nothing can hit you if you time it properly.

OP
OP
Stiler

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wish magic dash didn't require a ring, I mean stasis doesn't, so why does the dodge? I wanted to play as a cool fast paced sword user with a magic dash but that's impossible outside of constantly switching between sword>ring which isn't easy to do in the middle of fighting with shit flying around.

I'm still so torn on what to go far as far as talents and things. I like being able to use dialogue to get by/resolve things but it seems that it requires not one but two talent trees to do that because you have both Charisma and then Intuition which unlock dialogue options, so you're split between those and talent points come few and far between so it won't leave much room for lockpicking, etc.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I wish magic dash didn't require a ring, I mean stasis doesn't, so why does the dodge? I wanted to play as a cool fast paced sword user with a magic dash but that's impossible outside of constantly switching between sword>ring which isn't easy to do in the middle of fighting with shit flying around.

I'm still so torn on what to go far as far as talents and things. I like being able to use dialogue to get by/resolve things but it seems that it requires not one but two talent trees to do that because you have both Charisma and then Intuition which unlock dialogue options, so you're split between those and talent points come few and far between so it won't leave much room for lockpicking, etc.

I just try to get gear that adds to those talents. I think am currently level 10 with 3 cha and 2 int. Taking a hit on def stats but the bonus to talents really outweigh it since im playing more of talker then a fighter.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
So now that the game has been out a few days: Do any quests expire (or other repercussions) based on taking too long in game time, or is it only if you advance the story to far?

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, so I just had (MAJOR story spoiler):
Kurt off himself
. Any way to stop that from happening or is it just part of the story? I'd roll with it either way, but just curious.

people

Oct 27, 2017
So now that the game has been out a few days: Do any quests expire (or other repercussions) based on taking too long in game time, or is it only if you advance the story to far?
I remember one single quest with a time limit (~5hours) for an optional task, but I don't remember if completing it matters that much. On my second playthrough I kind of forgot about it and decided to let the timer run out at 4/5. No failure or negative reputation, but maybe +1 more for completing it. Advancing the mainquest(s) far enough may make some quests unavailable or 'fail' them if you haven't finished them yet. There is also a 'Point of No Return', but the game will let you know.

Companion quests (and followups) can be 'missed' by not talking to your companions (ever) in the first place or not accepting them.

Holy fuck, so I just had (MAJOR story spoiler): <SPOILER>. Any way to stop that from happening or is it just part of the story? I'd roll with it either way, but just curious.
It is avoidable if you had done things differently, but now it's 'part of the story'.

As far as I know that variation of the 'Treason' scenario is triggered by not doing Kurt's companion quests. Correct me if I'm wrong and you did do his quests. I'm pretty sure you have to do the first 2, after which the scenario plays out differently and he stays alive. I don't think reputation with the Coin Guard has anything to do with it.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Kiyoshi

Apr 4, 2018
I'm struggling to get the DS4 prompts to work. I turned off the Steam BPM options, and managed to boot the game and saw the 'X' on the start screen, but none of the pad inputs worked. So I'm back to playing with the Steam overlay now (so DS4 support, but with Xbox buttons).

Speaking of which, I'd actually prefer to carry on using the steam overlay in BPM because I can re-map the touch pad. I've also use the anti-deadzone setting as I found the game's deadzone on movement quite extreme. I assume if I did manage to get the native DS4 support to work I'd no longer be able to customise in that way. If I could just switch to DS4 prompts in the settings (or via a mod) that might be the best long term solution.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm constantly impressed by GreedFall visuals.

C0106C27F092114322CEA10D6421EDB1586BDEE3

FD8CBBDB1228BB92B03E3688CE5276503017BBC8

While some of the textures aren't really good, but the artstyle and clean IQ made the whole presentation special.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Does this game have optimization issues or my RTX 2070 is shit??? Just arrived in the Hikmet region and I am getting 30 fps at 1080p, high settings.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Does this game have optimization issues or my RTX 2070 is shit??? Just arrived in the Hikmet region and I am getting 30 fps at 1080p, high settings.
If you happen to have textures at ultra, try changing it to high. I just arrived to new serene and started having huge performance issues. Someone claimed that there is a problem with the ultra texture setting and atleast turning it down a notch fixed my problems so far..

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
When can I do Kurt's first mission? I have it selected so I'm following it, but he keeps telling me "I can see that you are busy with some other matters" and whether I go to the barracks or not doesn't matter.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
There's so many small, frustrating issues that bother me yet I keep finding myself coming back to GreedFall. This might be the best RPG I've played this year.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Picked this up yesterday once I finished Control. Was initially very put off by the movement but I've gotten more used to it now. Almost every combat encounter in Serene was a bit of a mess but I'm starting to get a handle on it now. I'm trying for a gun/sword/trap build so I'm going to make beeline for bullet crafting so I don't have to be conservative about ammo. I've still got a few dozen bullet arriving in New Serene but I'll feel happier using them up if I know I can get more on demand. Now I just need to find a dapper coat I can modify for lockpicking so I can stop wearing Kurt's armour.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Struggled through all 5 challenges in the arena only to get a weapon I can't use...at least the final fight was cool.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Playing this makes me want a non isometric Pillars of Eternity so badly. The setting reminds me so much of Pillars and I love it. Despite all the flaws of the game like the reused environments (somehow there is a clone arena in San Matheus as well with a guy who looks exactly the same as the other arena guy and magically remembers you) and the fact that the world often doesn't feel 'lived in' with people statically standing around taverns and stuff, the quests keep me coming back. Most quests have a pretty interesting story behind them and that makes me want to keep coming back for more. Story is interesting too.

Game does get a lot easier when you finally get good weapons and equipment. The nearly undamageable boss I mentioned earlier became beatable. It gave me a really difficult fight though. As a Soulsborne player I make regular use of the roll function. I play the game like Dark Souls and roll, roll, roll, lol.

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
So I spent an hour using M&KB and an hour using controller and I have to say for the first time I am more comfortable with the controller in this game, the movement on they keyboard feels kinda clunky to me.

Still not sure where I am headed build wise as I am only level 3 but I am hoping to be primarily magic based with swords as a secondary.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
So if you want to be an unstoppable killing machine as a mage, get a Level 3 ring, and the Double Dash spell plus the skills leading to Storm from DD.

Makes all encouters on hard pretty easy (except some.bosses)

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Honestly, I'm level 14 right now and the game has been too easy for my sabre-focused duelist.

With how dodging and rolling work without stamina, I can simply dance around the battlefield killing the enemies one by one. A fury strike is also pretty OP, one hit can dish like 1/3 or even half of an enemy's health. I barely need to coat my weapon with poison/element/etc either. The only problems I've faced so far are some bosses and that's why I'm hesitating to go for the hardest difficulty. But they're not exactly impossible either, I usually had to learn their pattern first.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
So if you want to be an unstoppable killing machine as a mage, get a Level 3 ring, and the Double Dash spell plus the skills leading to Storm from DD.

Makes all encouters on hard pretty easy (except some.bosses)

I was planning on going mage, but magic missile still hits like a wet noodle. I'm level 12 and still using the starting ring. I guess I'll have to try and spec into the attribute that lets you equip better rings. It takes 2 points to get the next ring and I already used a point on something else.

Hoping someone can mod in respec crystals because it would be fun to play around with builds.