• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
How's the story? Is the protagonist a blank-slate empty shell character or do they actually have a real personality?
Like the usual Bioware fanfare. You have a title and people will call you with that (Grey Warden, Shepard, Inquisitor), but you can create your own character and name.

As for personality, you simply need to watch a short clip of a conversation from gameplay footage lying round out there.

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
"Will the game be enhanced for Xbox One X?"

"Yes, there will be enhanced shadow quality, display distance, and 4K. Same for PS4 Pro. Plus we have HDR support. :)
- Nicolas Claude"

Awwww yiiiis!

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT, Stiler

From the AMA:

Any spider enemies in the game?

Terrific idea, but we are afraid of spiders :)
- Spiders

🤔

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
seriously lmao, it needs to plastered on the cover of the title

*Remember this game is AA, limited budget so don't demand AAA studio quality just be glad you can get it as close as possible to it

Great OT, Stiler

From the AMA:

Any spider enemies in the game?

Terrific idea, but we are afraid of spiders :)
- Spiders

🤔

ZW0YLhb.jpg

"We considered it but ultimately saw no place to place Spiders as enemies"

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
seriously lmao, it needs to plastered on the cover of the title

*Remember this game is AA, limited budget so don't demand AAA studio quality just be glad you can get it as close as possible to it
I agree to a point with this sentiment but their pricing is very close to a normal AAA AND I don't expect all gamers to know the employee numbers and history of a company. Or more importantly what they cost.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
game seems to be unlocking today in around 6 hours-ish if you're in the US when technically the release said the 10th. So there isn't even a need for a VPN lmao. And as far as I recall Steam has usually been very VPN resistant no?
Steam isn't that vpn resistant. It depends on the game usually. The need comes from the fact that I have time to play now and would like to instead of later once it unlocks.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully someone makes a mod to remove facial tattoos on characters, god damn do they look ugly.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone buy it from Humble? Wondering when they are going to send the codes before I purchase from them.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing this since Saturday. Really enjoyable once when adjusts - it has a fairly slow pace, fairly dull combat (as a magic user), lots of walking / running and talking, a buffer zone in place for fast travel which eliminates long loading screens (game is not true open world). On the plus side, lots of scope for customisation and knowledge that you will never become a Jack of all trades, different ways to achieve success in quests (which are reasonably heavily signposted), very interesting setting and context, good British voice acting distinguishing the groups by accents (can't quite place the native one - is it Southern African?) music by THAT man. Lots to like and feels like a real step up from earlier work.
They came up with a fictional language for the Natives (drawing inspiration from Celtic and Gallic languages) so I imagine that the accent is based on that.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
They just showed on stream how there's no loading screen. Instead, you go to a camp while the next region loads. It's a pretty neat concept!

Cosmic Guru

Jan 10, 2019
London, UK
They came up with a fictional language for the Natives (drawing inspiration from Celtic and Gallic languages) so I imagine that the accent is based on that.

Don't think so - its quite distinctive and not like Scots / Irish / Cornish / Welsh etc. Very clipped and with I pronounced "oi" (and not Brummie!).

Re tattoos - they are integral to at least one of the factions, which is voiced with a distinctive West Country burr.

Game is quite reminiscent of Dragon Age Inquisition once it opens up....

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think so - its quite distinctive and not like Scots / Irish / Cornish / Welsh etc. Very clipped and with I pronounced "oi" (and not Brummie!).
Well, we know that Siora's accent is fake (it's kind of funny, because it's a direct analog to Cassandra in Inquisition), so I don't see why that wouldn't be the same for all the natives.

I hope the PC port is good and includes 21:9 support. I think it will but you can't always tell.
They confirmed 21:9 in the AMA (I think ChaosSmurf had said that ultra-wide wasn't supported, but it appears that's not the case).

Yes, we do and we also support most of standard screen size on the market. by Nicolas Claude

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just going off of what the devs have said in interviews. According to them, the Natives' language was inspired by Gallic and Celtic languages. I guess there's a chance that the accent they picked for Natives who speak English isn't based off of that language they created for the game, though.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
One thing that impresses me is how there are no loading screens when you go around town. If you walk into a building it just opens up there and then.