• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ujk8zLe.gif

Developer: Spiders Games
Publisher: Focus Home Interactive
Release Date: September 10th, 2019
Platforms: Xbox, PS4, PC
Genre: Role Playing Game
Official Site: http://greedfall.com/
Soundtrack by Olivier Deriviere

About the Game

Explore uncharted new lands as you set foot on a remote island seeping with magic, and filled with riches, lost secrets, and fantastic creatures.
Forge this new world's destiny, as you befriend or betray companions and entire factions. With diplomacy, deception and force, become part of a living, evolving world - influence its course and shape your story.​

• Engage in a core roleplaying experience – achieve quests and complete objectives in a multitude of different ways – through combat, diplomacy, deception, or stealth.​
  • Complete freedom in character progression – play as a male or female, customize your appearance, and freely choose your abilities, spells and skills.​
  • Delve into a mysterious world of magic – begin a grand journey and uncover ancient secrets protected by supernatural beings, manifestations of the island's earthly magic.​

JQEcRc5.jpg

pSNMsC0.jpg

S67cR6M.jpg

iac7MoT.jpg

AnJMD29.jpg

VPUgm0L.jpg

UgR7xLn.jpg

NArEEc9.jpg

GgZqZjO.jpg

YbrjMf9.jpg

orTtNhW.jpg

9Phzf5M.jpg

cWVnssp.jpg

*The DLC "Adventurer's Gear" will be available for purchase after the release of the game

• Explorer's Outfit – Perfect for any adventurer embarking to strange lands, the Explorer's Outfit is said to bring its wearer good luck and fortune. This complete outfit contains the Hat of the Discoverer, Doublet of Good Fortune, Gloves of the Craftmaster and Weighted-heel Boots.
  • Rapier of the Alchemist – Crafted by a master alchemist of Al Saad, the blade of this rapier ignites when drawn, with the ability to inflict terrible wounds.
  • Wild Boar Ivory Rifle – This elegant rifle isn't just for style. Though less effective at longer distances, a short-range blast is more than enough to stop a charging boar in its tracks.

vMTHTPj.jpg

svwDRo6.jpg

olFnLJG.jpg

Screenshots:

lkDNem9.jpg

Faq: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/41212/greedfall-faq
Q: What is GreedFall?
A: GreedFall is an RPG developed by Spiders, with an emphasis on freedom in both character development and how you proceed through the world. The Old World is dying because of the Malichor Plague and you will have to sail to new horizons and explore The Island of Teer Fradee to discover a cure.

Q: When will the game release?
A: The game releases on September 10 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Q: Will there be a physical edition for the game?
A: Yes, there will be a physical edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Q: Will 4K and HDR be available on console?
A: You will be able to play with HDR and 4K support on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. HDR-only will also be available as an option on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One S.

Q: Will the game be localized in different languages?
A: Yes, here is the list of available languages.
Interface & Subtitles: French, English, Italian, German, Spanish (Spain), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil). Russian, Simplified Chinese.
Audio: English

Q: When can I pre-order?
A: Right now! Pre-order are open here: http://greedfall.com/shop

Q: How can I get the Pre-Order Bonus?
A: You need to check if your store will provide our Adventurer's Gear Pack on our official shop: http://greedfall.com/shop

Q: Will there be a collector's or special edition?
A: There are currently no plans for a collector's or special edition
Q: Will the game be available on Steam?
A: Yes, here is the Steam store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/606880/GreedFall/

Q: How much will the game cost?
A: The game costs €49,99/$49,99 on PC, and €49,99/$49,99 on consoles (or your regional equivalent).

Q: Does the game use Denuvo?
A: The game doesn't use Denuvo.

Q: Will there be mod support?
A: We don't have any plans to implement mod support.

Q: How long will the game be?
A: It will be 30 to 40 hours depending on how you play.

Q: Is this an open world game?
A: GreedFall is not an open world game.

Q: Will there be any paid DLC or a sequel?
A: There are currently no plans for DLC regarding GreedFall.

Q: Can create your own character?
A: You will be able to customize your character from the start in GreedFall! You are free to choose your gender and your physical appearance.

Q: Can you choose your faction?
Your character is linked to the Congregation. You can't change your faction, but you will be able to directly affect the relationship between the different factions present on Teer Fradee.

Reviews:

Credits:
OT and Header graphics, Harlequin
OT title, adj_noun
Special thanks to the PR person that made the press kit images.

Last edited:

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
Nice job!

Looking forward to some reviews and getting my hands on it once I'm back home.

Oct 25, 2017
Great OP! I'm very curious about this, ready for some Eurojank

I do think comparing this game to a BioWare Game is somewhat setting wrong expectations tho. This is much closer to the Gothic/Elder Scrolls/Witcher school of RPGs than BioWare tbh.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Way too packed of a month for me, but I'll gladly check this out in a while if the word of mouth is good. Game looks lovely.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please have good writing please have good writing also please don't be tone deaf please don't be tone deaf

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
Got my copy on Saturday but was busy with Gears 5, will get it installed tonight and see if I have time to play it

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Just got a text from my friend that the game is ready for pickup at their shop, but I'm not really sure... I wish some reviews would be out by now.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Pencil me in as "tentatively excited". If reviews are good I'll pick it up after I've wrapped up Control.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
there are a lot of games this month i want to play,but right now i really want to try Greedfall.
Weird.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This is the type of game that desperately needed advance reviews. I can't say I'll get it yet, but it looks good and I'm rooting for it.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here comes the Spiders!

no-thank-you--1139356-1280x0.jpeg

I hope the game review well, and people share good word of mouth about it. This industry needs new players in the AAA space.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
At this point, I've sone enough research that I'll like the game no matter what the reviewers think. Unless if there are gamebreaking bugs, of course.

Hoping all the best for the team, though. Please be kind to them, critics.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I bit the bullet and pre-ordered for Xbox. I've been wanting an adventure game like this, since I fell off Assassins Creed and refuse to play Kingdom Come.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Looks promising. Might pick it up next month. September is too busy as is.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
My copy just shipped :O

Should have it tomorrow, though probably won't play it until the end of the week; as I want to finish of Gears 5 first.

Oct 30, 2017
For a game I know so little about and seemingly coming out of nowhere, I'm mildly hyped. Gimme the reviews please.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Amazing OT!!!!!
I preordered this last night on Steam :) It seems like so much my kind of thing that I'm forgoing reviews and taking the leap.

Do we know the size of the world? I know it's not open world like Skyrim but I wonder the size of it all? Can't wait til 5pm!

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very interested in this and am looking forward to the reviews. Hopefully it turns out great.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It looks quite certain to be the best game by Spiders yet, and it seems to fit quite well into that Bioware-shaped hole, while also providing a sense of Fable, so it's something I'm very ready to get into. But I'm not expecting miracles.

Last edited:

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I am very, very much looking forward to being able to chat about this! Unfortunately my review just isn't going to be ready for the embargo lift, as much as I wish it was. We were only sent code pretty late last week so I still need a few more days with it.

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to this, albeit I think it's a bit of a
bummer that there is no gay male character as a romance, but a bi one. Not that a bi male is worse but I do appreciate exclusive same sex romances because they are incredibly rare outside of Bioware games.
Also a bit of a bummer the bi dude not a native. Would've loved a native romance for my lad.

Other than that I'm good to go, hopefully this'll keep me busy for a month or two! Can't wait to shoot baddies with a gun in a fantasy RPG for once!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
stoked for this, as someone who liked the ideas (if not always the execution) in prior Spiders games.

Gonna pick this up by the end of the week once I get paid. I'll miss out on the pre-order discount, but the game is priced sensibly in Canada anyway, so it's no big deal.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My copy I ordered from BestBuy still hasn't shipped. Getting a little worried now since you can't even order the game from their website anymore.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to this, but damn I wish that it had been released a few months ago during the summer lull.