• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I just got a quest asking me to come back "two days later". Is time a big thing in this game, are there other quests that could expire while waiting two days for this quest, etc?
You can wait in your quarter near the copper district by sleeping for 2 days (lol).

so if i pick magic user at the start does that mean im locked into abilities or is there a way to get everything by the end?
You can mix and match as you please. You can be a master of one proficiency or the jack of all trades.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Auto adjust as in the camera swings back to a certain position after you look around?

When you start to move and no matter what position you are in when you initiate the movement, the camera will adjust to the same position pointing toward the direction your character is facing
Stop moving and look down, then move forward...the camera will automatically readjust. Same thing if for example you start moving to your left.
This happens only when you start moving. If you are already moving, you can look down or move toward your left and the camera will not readjust.
This is happens only with the controller, but not with KB/M.

I personally hate this kind of camera. In action games, when I use the controller, I want to be able to point the camera to the direction I want with the right joystick (similar to Sekiro, for example) and not to the direction my character is facing.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
The Arena got hard quick. Those poison bats are killing me. May have to level up past 4 to beat them.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm almost positive the voice actor for Kurt is the same as for Gascon in The Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker. Have a feeling he's going to end up being my favorite companion.

I'm curious what's people's thoughts on the difficulty are. I just now got to New Serene after two or three hours playing on normal, wondering if I should bump it up a notch for the remainder.

Oct 29, 2017
When you start to move and no matter what position you are in when you initiate the movement, the camera will adjust to the same position pointing toward the direction your character is facing
Stop moving and look down, then move forward...the camera will automatically readjust. Same thing if for example you start moving to your left.
This happens only when you start moving. If you are already moving, you can look down or move toward your left and the camera will not readjust.
This is happens only with the controller, but not with KB/M.

I personally hate this kind of camera. In action games, when I use the controller, I want to be able to point the camera to the direction I want with the right joystick (similar to Sekiro, for example) and not to the direction my character is facing.

God, I hate that shit so much. This might actually be a deal breaker for me :/

Will have to try and rent it first. Thank you for the reply.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
How is the writing/lore/story so far for the people playing?

Good to see this pretty active, shows that the game at least got a good release.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
lol The Arena is funny because sometimes the enemies look like podunks. You see them and you are like "easy" and then suddenly your looking at the game over screen

And the game doesn't give you a courtesy save before kicking your ass with a big battle. Nothing better than a game with F5.

Good to see this pretty active, shows that the game at least got a good release at least.

6iopsyqrhtl31.png

Oct 25, 2017
I had a little shagging with Vasco already, it was pretty cute but it definitely feels like romances aren't a big part of the game because of how quickly I was able to clear the personal quest and romance arc (granted there isn't more to Vasco that I haven't experienced yet).

Also, do note that there are no real indicators to what a romantic dialogue choice is when talking to your companions. If the other companions are anything like Vasco, if you rack up enough approval/friendship, eventually they'll hit on you and ask to share a night with you. Though in all fairness some of the dialogue choices that rack up their approval with you are pretty clearly romantic, and there are other dialogue choices that aren't very romantic in tone that net no approval. So if you are not looking to break anyone's heart, don't try to always net approval with your dialogue choices.

Maybe there is a hidden system regarding the romances I don't know about though, and every companion is unique. But this is my experience with Vasco.
What did you think of Vasco as a character? I'm very interested in him and I'm glad he's a same sex romance option

Oct 27, 2017
London
How on earth do you even get money other than selling loot for small amounts of money and getting coins as loot? Completing so many quests and nobody has the decency to pay me money for it

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The game is still on the easier side on hard so far.

The only times I had difficulties are in boss battles, because my companions would go down pretty quickly. Especially Siora, poor Siora, she always be the first to go down in combat.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Pro-Tip:

Items inside crates and barrels etc RESPAWN in cities after awhile. !! I just went back to New Serene to sell stuff and started seeing the glowing boxes everywhere and proceeded to loot the place dry again lol!

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone find a way to disable the depth of field? Looks pretty bad and is definitely a cause of drops in dialogue.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is still on the easier side on hard so far.

The only times I had difficulties are in boss battles, because my companions would go down pretty quickly. Especially Siora, poor Siora, she always be the first to go down in combat.
Ya I wish it was a good deal harder on insane and then stepped down from there. It does feel like there is a true problem with the diff scaling. Instead of say a %5 damage increase per level or 10% it feels like 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 3%, 5% or something. For each level chosen.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
"This game is easy", meanwhile my companions die in 10 seconds due to poison and those bear things massacre them

Yeah, I have more trouble with groups of enemies. Fought a mini boss type on the map that took FOREVER to kill, with all its armor and health, yet both companions survived until he was almost dead. Go into the area he was blocking, and groups of enemies just knock the crap out of my companions. What build people are using must play a big role.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Well, Era sold me on this game. Just left the starting area. I like it quite a bit...even if everything is a mixed bag? Graphics are the great, lip sync is awful. Physics are bonkers at times. VA is pretty good, I like the writing. Combat is interesting. First boss was ok. I like the lighting effects, it really seems to add a lot to the atmosphere.

I hadn't realized, but I've played a lot of Focus published games. I've like them all ok. This feels like it's got the most potential.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Ya I wish it was a good deal harder on insane and then stepped down from there. It does feel like there is a true problem with the diff scaling. Instead of say a %5 damage increase per level or 10% it feels like 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 3%, 5% or something. For each level chosen.
Huh, I see.

I guess I'll ramp it up to extreme or whatever it's called tonight.

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
What did you think of Vasco as a character? I'm very interested in him and I'm glad he's a same sex romance option
His personal quest is pretty good, and adds a certain dynamic between you and him. As you get more friendly with him, he does open up and the romantic content is quite charming. I would've rather had a native male same sex romance though, because in all fairness Vasco doesn't really seem to add much in terms of world building (outside of the Nauts) or story building, and that's a damn shame.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The writing is so good. I'm totally engrossed in reading and listening to everything related to the lore and characters of this world.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm totally enjoying the combat here. Dodging and parrying to counter, pausing to help your companion with a gunshot, it's so good.

Also, since there are lots of cutscenes and conversations surrounding the quests, every combat encounter feels like a treat.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ye this game is such a god damn step up from Technomancer it's fucking astounding. Technomancer had so many asterisks as to why you should enjoy it. This game is basically if you like classic Bioware titles you'd feel right at home. The negatives so far are more due to limited budget/weird decisions which could once again be corrected in a sequel.

Like I had to stop myself from working because the game loves taking you from mid sized hub area to mid sized hub area. All with areas to explore throughout. There's probably less to do per area than in Inquisition, but honestly this is a blessing. Inquisition was overwhelmingly packed to the brim with busywork in each map. This game has just enough to keep you interested in exploring.

I hope there are enough unique armors because so far I've found basically all the armor pieces the game has to offer so far and I still have the first armor I bought.

They seem to have overcorrected from Technomancer which had people drop it from being too hard. It's less likely people will drop it if it isn't too hard. Probably could be patched if not taken into note for their next title.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. How is the PS4 pro performance? I'm on a 4K tv.

2. Any class breakdowns of how they play and feel yet? Or any good reviews that describe them well?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm loving the game so far, but man, the camera is an atrocity. For being a well-to-do ambassador, I'm doing more than my fair share of running into walls and passers-by.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to change within the menus if I press left or right on the d-pad it switches to Vasco, so I must use the analogue stick to navigate my clothing (my hats)? Gonna take a while to get used to it if there's no way to change that. I really liked it so far, only got to play about two hours this morning. Couldn't figure out how to make a sleeping drink even though I had Brandy and sleeping pills I think. Used disguise instead. Need to find Constantin or some more metal to fix the tables.
2. Any class breakdowns of how they play and feel yet? Or any good reviews that describe them well?

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Is there a way to change within the menus if I press left or right on the d-pad it switches to Vasco, so I must use the analogue stick to navigate my clothing (my hats)? Gonna take a while to get used to it if there's no way to change that. I really liked it so far, only got to play about two hours this morning. Couldn't figure out how to make a sleeping drink even though I had Brandy and sleeping pills I think. Used disguise instead. Need to find Constantin or some more metal to fix the tables.
Yeah, it's absolutely annoying. You can navigate the gears vertically with the d-pad, but when you press the horizontal buttons it'll switch to another character. I get it that because all of the shoulder buttons are already assigned for menu and sub-menu navigations, they had to resort to d-pads for switching characters in the gears customization page. But they should at least disable the vertical navigation functions so that we'll always have to use the analog stick.

Regarding sleeping potions, you can buy them from the merchant (if we're talking about the same quest here). I think lots of quest items would be available for purchase.