• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got any tips for a mage? Mobs hit like a truck and I'm oom most of the time

Go straight to the lightning dash skill so you can maintain your distance in fights. You can stasis multiple enemies at once, and when upgraded, it will strip armor while they are immobile. Stasis gun boys first. Put a point in science and use a +science piece of gear like Alchemist's Outfit to create all the magic potions you'll need. Being able to resuscitate your knocked out companions in combat with a potion is also nice, even though giving drinks to passed out people isn't generally cool. 🤔

You'll be OOM regardless, but I've been leveling mental power and willpower in equal measure.

Oct 27, 2017
London
This motherfucking boss on Vasco's final side quest (I think it's the final one) where you
go find a wrecked ship
is literally unkillable. How much do I have to level to beat that asshole? Now I can't remove Vasco from the party until I finish it. Very annoying. Why is money so damn hard to get in this game

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Just incredible
unknown.png

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good game. Way better than the other titles they made. Is there a consensus on that overall?
It got a banner on the Steam storefront, has been the global top seller almost since release, and has very positive user reviews.

It's not universal acclaim, but it definitely seems to be a huge hit for Spiders, their first ever.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
This motherfucking boss on Vasco's final side quest (I think it's the final one) where you
go find a wrecked ship
is literally unkillable. How much do I have to level to beat that asshole? Now I can't remove Vasco from the party until I finish it. Very annoying. Why is money so damn hard to get in this game

Do you sell the items listed as "junk"? Could have a bunch of money right there. I'm probably higher level than needed, but the fight was fine with a mage at range, but damn do they have too much health. Damage sponge for days.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Do you sell the items listed as "junk"? Could have a bunch of money right there. I'm probably higher level than needed, but the fight was fine with a mage at range, but damn do they have too much health. Damage sponge for days.

I do, but it takes a while because they sell for a tiny amount each, at best one junk item is 10+ gold, and I do hardly any damage to that boss, it's not even bothered by my attacks, the health bar doesn't go down at all until I hit it 30 times

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I do, but it takes a while because they sell for a tiny amount each, at best one junk item is 10+ gold, and I do hardly any damage to that boss, it's not even bothered by my attacks, the health bar doesn't go down at all until I hit it 30 times
Yeah, money is hard to come by, but I think it's a positive. It means that the game economy is well thought of. You can't be easily swimming in money and buy all the best item available in merchants. Lots of RPGs I've played fell to the same hole, which makes looting and hoarding items in mid to end game not as exciting anymore.

Regarding that boss, I've yet to reach that part but I'm at the start of that particular quest. Are yoy sure that they just have lots of health, not armors? Some types of enemies, especially bosses, have multiple armors and it'd take a lot of work to break them down before we can do real damage to them. Try utilizing armor destroying skills and items.

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
Im trying to recreate what I did because it has been so long since Ive messed with these settings. But I remember turning of xbox, generic, AND playstation configuration support since they were giving me issues. Just running the game with out those and my prompts show up with PS buttons.

Right now they are unchecked and sure enough this game works natively with the ds4. For what it's worth, I do not use BIG PICTURE MODE. But I do not think that matters once you change those in your Settings--->controller menu.

EDIT: Damn I just noticed I didnt have vibrations all this time after you said that lol. Oh well, small price to pay imo.

So this works. I turned off all the controller configs in Big Picture mode settings. Was still getting XBOX button prompts and did some googling and saw in some forum post somewhere that you needed to turn off DS4Windows to get Steam to recognize the controller as a PS4 controller since DS4Windows emulates an XBOX profile on Windows. Once I had done that and started up Greedfall again, all button prompts were DS4 button prompts. Thanks again, that was driving me crazy.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So this works. I turned off all the controller configs in Big Picture mode settings. Was still getting XBOX button prompts and did some googling and saw in some forum post somewhere that you needed to turn off DS4Windows to get Steam to recognize the controller as a PS4 controller since DS4Windows emulates an XBOX profile on Windows. Once I had done that and started up Greedfall again, all button prompts were DS4 button prompts. Thanks again, that was driving me crazy.
Excellent. Glad you got it working!!!

A question though: do you have the V2 of the DS4, or the V1 of the DS4?

(You can tell by the light bar. If there is an extra light bar on top of touchpad, then you have V2. Just the normal light bar in front, then it is V1.)

Kommodore

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent. Glad you got it working!!!

A question though: do you have the V2 of the DS4, or the V1 of the DS4?

(You can tell by the light bar. If there is an extra light bar on top of touchpad, then you have V2. Just the normal light bar in front, then it is V1.)

V2. One of my controllers might still be a V1. But the one I used and works is a V2.

Oct 25, 2017
14 hours in. I love this game, but... I'm starting to not?

It feels like as I continue on, the game is expanding into clones of itself. Like, when I see a new town off in the distance I get really excited, and then when I get inside it and start wandering about, I actually start to forget what town I'm in because of how similar things are. Each newly accessed area, whenever I hit the M button to check the map, I get a sense of wonder about how much there is, and looking off into the distance I get excited, then I start uncovering the map and... it's a lot of trees and the same creatures over and over.

I really hope the game starts to shake things up with some boss fights / big monsters, or unique-looking new areas, because this is starting to drag a bit.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Only played about an hour tonight, but I have to say I'm already enjoying it more then I ever did for their other games I've played (Bound by Flame & Technomancer). Can't wait to do a deep dive on Sunday.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
14 hours in. I love this game, but... I'm starting to not?

It feels like as I continue on, the game is expanding into clones of itself. Like, when I see a new town off in the distance I get really excited, and then when I get inside it and start wandering about, I actually start to forget what town I'm in because of how similar things are. Each newly accessed area, whenever I hit the M button to check the map, I get a sense of wonder about how much there is, and looking off into the distance I get excited, then I start uncovering the map and... it's a lot of trees and the same creatures over and over.

I really hope the game starts to shake things up with some boss fights / big monsters, or unique-looking new areas, because this is starting to drag a bit.
Yes, I get what you're saying. The biggest offender is the identical governor offices' interiors of all cities. They have the same main entrance, main hall, set of stairs, maybe a bit different 2nd floor entrance, and another same 2nd floor main room. The cities are different enough, especially the center where you can see different statues and governor building's exterior. New Seren and San Matheus have similar commoner buildings (probably because they share the same culture), but Hikmet's are vastly different due to its Middle East oriented references.

Oct 25, 2017
I really, really love the fast travel loading camp. It's such a simple, but cool idea. I've traveled dozens of times by now, and I've utilized it every single time, offloading loot, or tweaking gear.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Just realize that that background is a glorified skybox :). Great atmosphere, but don't expect to be able to explore all of that.
Oh of course, not on Spiders' budget. But the look of the character and the atmosphere theyre going for (plus those screens posted a bit before) from that specific screen grabbed me, especially as someone who loved Fable 2.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Just hit level 7 and I haven't spent any of my skill points (I have 5 to use) and I think 2 attributes and 1 talent to use. I was gonna throw everything into stasis and the magic fireballs whatever they're called, but I don't know, I feel like magic kind of sucks. Plus I really want to use guns.

I messed around in the arena a little bit and those fucking bats wreck my shit. I guess I'd be fine if I used my skill points, but I am just hoarding them right now trying to figure out what to do with them. I would maybe like to be well rounded, I dunno, I just want to be super powerful. I'm playing on normal by the way.

The combat is harder than I thought it was going to be. I feel like the game auto targets enemies so I find that a little annoying sometimes. Especially in the arena when I just want to run away and let my party do the work. I'm afraid to do the quest where I need to help the native guy fight in the arena because I don't know if they'll start it out easy at first or what, and the guy that runs the arena makes it a little confusing how he explains it.

I've played the game 10 hours and I really haven't even gone into the wilderness yet, just trying to do all the quests in the first towns on the island. How does Technomancer compare to this? Way worse? Does it have an easy difficulty mode? I might pick it up after I finish GreedFall.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Played a little today and based on that video by Karak, I think it was?, I set it on the hardest difficulty. Based on what little I have played so far I think this game might just be exactly what I wanted and scratch the same itch that Elex did. I am hoping I will be able to find the time to really dig into it this weekend.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Hate seeing reshade presets clog up Nexus.

I think a well-done, high-res texture mod could do wonders for this game.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't tested it but is there any reason to upgrade the armor straps of companions? Those are largely reserved for whichever stat you want an extra point to such as lockpicking, science or vigor.

I'm upgrading the rest of their armor and weapons so they provide better support

As to mods, I'm eagerly awaiting one to hide capes but keep their bonuses.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Ugh. Hate seeing reshade presets clog up Nexus.

I think a well-done, high-res texture mod could do wonders for this game.
Yeah, I wish Reshade presets would be banned from Nexus. ENB is fine though, as not every game is supported and they need a lot of more work.

I usually use sfx.thelazy for Reshade presets. It's designed for them as you can compare before and after easily.

Haven't tested it but is there any reason to upgrade the armor straps of companions? Those are largely reserved for whichever stat you want an extra point to such as lockpicking, science or vigor.

I'm upgrading the rest of their armor and weapons so they provide better support

As to mods, I'm eagerly awaiting one to hide capes but keep their bonuses.
Yeah, they mainly give only additional stats so I never upgrade that part of my companions gears.

Oct 27, 2017
My word is performance just all over the place in this game with FPS dropping into the teens in the area right before San Matheus. Using an RTX 2080 at 3440x1440 res which should be more than enough. Hopefully we see some optimization and performance patches soon.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Can you romance multiple characters in single playthrough? So I can just do 2 runs at the game
Not sure, but you can flirt with everyone from the start. I believe there might be a point when you start committing to one, but you can always save scum to make sure.

My word is performance just all over the place in this game with FPS dropping into the teens in the area right before San Matheus. Using an RTX 2080 at 3440x1440 res which should be more than enough. Hopefully we see some optimization and performance patches soon.
Are you playing in windowed/borderless mode? I've had problem with performance too in borderless, but it's been flawless in full screen.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure, but you can flirt with everyone from the start. I believe there might be a point when you start committing to one, but you can always save scum to make sure.

Are you playing in windowed/borderless mode? I've had problem with performance too in borderless, but it's been flawless in full screen.
Full screen, using the latest NVIDIA drivers. The game is just all over the place FPS-wise (18-120) for seemingly no reason.

Edit: Just read where some players thought there was a memory leak as over time they saw degradation in performance. I loaded up San-Matheus and went back to the area that was giving me horrible performance and sure enough this time I was getting 80-95 FPS through the entire area so something's definitely up as the first time through the same area was 18-30 FPS (had played about an hour I guess in this session).

Last edited:

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Had a bug as a magic user last night. For some reason I couldn't shoot magic missiles with the left hand, basically cutting my attack speed in half. It didn't resolve itself until I skilled the next skill in the line, which was making the missiles faster. Not sure what caused it or if it was that specific skill that fixed it.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
ive already spent like 2 hours in the first area, im digging this game!
You're gonna be like, "damn 5 hours and I haven't done shit"

I even scraped like two hours intending to respec, but I still haven't. Just continued with my old save, but still held onto my skill points. I'm still wondering how I should spend em when I get to play next. Wish I didn't have to work. Fucking bills/loans, wish I was just born rich. I'd be such a nerd. I mean full time nerd. 😝

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
There is no way to sell items in bulk or mark them as junk right? I am not missing anything? Clicking sell and confirm for every single item is getting tiring tbh.