• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good game. Way better than the other titles they made. Is there a consensus on that overall?
As a guy that put in over 100 hours into Technomamcer and played it to death, yes it is head and shoulders above anything Spiders have made before. Truly an enjoyable experience above everything else they've released. In fact, I re-download Technomamcer last night and started a new game just to see how it fairs, while theres certainly similarities, the production values, writing, in general the believability of the writing - world tie up in GreedFall is so much better, you would think a much bigger team made GreedFall and with a budget 5 times bigger than Technomamcer, too.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Very early in for me, 4 attempts at creating a character that I liked the look of (bit hard to judge with the odd pose in the character creator), playing as a mage starter and enjoying being able to magically punch people

Hope they patch in a text size option, it's very wee on my TV

Last edited:

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
So I really liked the game after 5h in Serene and New Serene, but I'm LOVING it once you go out into the island proper.

Combat really opens up over there for a mage. Double dash helps a lot as well, while Shadow Burts is pretty underwhelming, will spec out of it as soon as I get a second stone.

Exploring is a lot of fun, just found a cache wirh 2 legendary items, which was certainly a rush!

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
After exploring outside the city for the first time last night I just want to finish work as soon as possible and dive back in - absolutely loving this.

Bonus pic of my De Sardet:

unknown.png

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I don't understand the reference that the native lady you first meet in the new city "basically looks just like me,". Does her appearance change based on my character?

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good game. Way better than the other titles they made. Is there a consensus on that overall?

Bound By Flame was a dreadful game that put me off the Spiders name for years. So I'm genuinely impressed and glad that in just the space of this console generation they've really turned things around and built up a name for themselves, peaking with this.

Whilst I'm still only in the beginning stages of the game myself, what I've experienced so far has been exactly what I wanted from a game in this setting and it's definitely making my Top 10 list for the year.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I think those might be the preorder gear gloves cause I had them from the start.

No, I found them in a chest somewhere in Serene iirc.

Definitely not a pre-order bonus gear 'cause I didn't pre-ordered it

Edit: Mine are called Blacksmith's gloves, so I guess there are different than the Goldsmith's ones

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, I get what you're saying. The biggest offender is the identical governor offices' interiors of all cities. They have the same main entrance, main hall, set of stairs, maybe a bit different 2nd floor entrance, and another same 2nd floor main room. The cities are different enough, especially the center where you can see different statues and governor building's exterior. New Seren and San Matheus have similar commoner buildings (probably because they share the same culture), but Hikmet's are vastly different due to its Middle East oriented references.

You know, there was this amazingly charismatic (and corrupt) Architect in New Serene that managed to get all the comissions to build all the Governor's offices in the island of Teer Fradee :P

ExReey

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard about this game before, but seems interesting!

Is it in any way comparable to RPG's like Risen or Elex?

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
My main (and mostly only) gripe is the camera.

Wish they would patch it as well. Not sure how hard it is to do, though.

I also hope some of the developers are reading this thread to see how much we're liking the game.

I also hope the ceo feels better today

Cosmic Guru

Jan 10, 2019
London, UK
Never heard about this game before, but seems interesting!

Is it in any way comparable to RPG's like Risen or Elex?

There are echoes of those games here but the mechanics aren't the same. Risen - yes, its an island concealing various mysteries but the quests are much more clearly signposted here, and the levelling up system is simply points based so you don't have to pay trainers for skills. Elex yes, there are 3 major factions and you can act as you please around them (not sure there is quite the same potential here) but this isn't open world, the setting and ambience are quite different and there isn't a jetpack. Worth a look though if you enjoyed either of these imo.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How far into the game can I respec? Only like 20 minutes in but I immediately re-decided that I want to be a mage instead, so debating if I should just restart or wait it out.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
The side quests are nice and meaty, I'm enjoying the hell out of them. Still didn't even leave for the island yet lol

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How does the Storm spell work exactly? Sometimes all enemies get affected and sometimes only one or two. Can they succed on a "saving throw" on the effects or something?
When it does work the weakening aspect of it is awesome. Really get to melt enemies with my spells afterwards.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that stupid mark on my character's face. Can't I get rid off it? I suppose a Nexus mod will be released for it soon enough. It doesn't have an impact on the story so far from what I've seen. It is just there. And ugly.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Indeed - also came with some other gear and a rifle that doesn't require the deeper in the tree rifle skill to use (which is getting a lot of use in my wip gunmage build).

I'm wondering if I can build a Powder Mage. One of my favorite recent series. Very similar period to Greedfall. Especially the second series. I have really been enjoying Flintlock fantasy books so this game is right up there with it.

What are you thinking for a Gunmage build?

There is no way to sell items in bulk or mark them as junk right? I am not missing anything? Clicking sell and confirm for every single item is getting tiring tbh.

Are you on PC? You can just spam the "E" key fast. That's both sell and confirm.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I hate that stupid mark on my character's face. Can't I get rid off it? I suppose a Nexus mod will be released for it soon enough. It doesn't have an impact on the story so far from what I've seen. It is just there. And ugly.
It actually does and will be revealed later.

Yeah, it's ugly but I'm okay with it after a while.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Has anyone managed to find the bandits from the Stolen Cargo mission in the Red Woods? Explored the entire area, couldn't find them.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
I just learned from the benchmark article from Tech Power Up that the "off" option for the Dynamic Resolution slider was all the way to the right.
All this time, I had my Dynamic Resolution slider all the way to the left, thinking that was the "off" option.

Oct 27, 2017
So.. I bought the game. Combat doesn't feel super great using keyboard and mouse. Should I be playing with a controller?
Yeah, I switched over to an Xbox Elite controller and combat feels much, much better now (for me at least). Using M/KB I just couldn't get a feel for using swords, etc as the feeling of making contact just wasn't there but using a controller changed that feeling significantly.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far, but the controls and movement are really stiff and unrefined. The dead zone on the left stick is massive. Turning while running frequently forces me into a walk. The camera feels like it's on a pendulum. Lots of getting stuck on the environment.

These issues, along with the poor lip sync/unnatural mouth shapes, are my biggest complaints. Outside of that, there's a lot to love here. An easy game to root for.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering if I can build a Powder Mage. One of my favorite recent series. Very similar period to Greedfall. Especially the second series. I have really been enjoying Flintlock fantasy books so this game is right up there with it.

What are you thinking for a Gunmage build?

Are you on PC? You can just spam the "E" key fast. That's both sell and confirm.

Planning to hit rifles and get the lightning dodge as soon as possible. Will zip around and mix it up between shooting and spells. I need to take a deeper look at the talent tree and I may use my memory crystal when I reach level 10 and experiment a bit.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
This game is so good. Full of jank, but it ticks all the right boxes for me. Finally something that scratches the Bioware rpg itch.

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
Going to be starting this today so my 2 questions are is there a things to do before you start video out there that is any good and should I opt for m&kb or controller? I generally prefer m&kb but will do whatever suits the gameplay best.