• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Greek retailer The Console Club has added a listing to their website for Nintendo Switch versions of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed: Rogue. Interestingly, it's one listing rather than two separate ones. I'm not 100% sure on the legitimacy of this retailer (hence the rumor tag in the title), but if this does turn out to be real, maybe the games will be released as one package, similar to how Assassin's Creed III Remastered includes AC3: Liberation.

h3RfHh9.png

Fill to me the parting glass if old.

EDIT: It's happening?

EDIT 2: Looks like they removed the listing.

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This makes sense. The real question is if we'll get Unity or Syndicate on Switch.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's never played AC, I'd pick this up right away. Black Flag has been talked up so much by friends and Era that I'd be in.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
I have already finished Black Flag on PlayStation 4, but I would love to play Rogue on Switch. I already have the game on PC, but I think I would buy it again just to be able to play it in this superior version.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Black Flag was so great, the secret best PS4 launch game. I still need to play Rogue.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's never played AC, I'd pick this up right away. Black Flag has been talked up so much by friends and Era that I'd be in.
It's a good starting point for anyone new to the series. It was the first game to be released after the series' first story arc ended, and the Caribbean setting is great. You're in for a treat. Rogue is a pretty good sequel to it, too.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
It's great that they come together, it will possibly lead to more people playing Rogue. It's to Black Flag what Brotherhood is to 2. Fundamentally the same game with a few really clever additions - and the story is a lot more engaging imo!

One of the best AC games no one knows about.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I have already finished Black Flag on PlayStation 4, but I would love to play Rogue on Switch. I already have the game on PC, but I think I would buy it again just to be able to play it in this superior version.

The Remastered version of Rogue is pretty much just the PC version with settings on max, at least on PS4 Pro. I highly doubt a Switch version will be superior to the PC version. I would say Rogue is better than Black Flag, though, so if you liked that you should definitely play Rogue one way or the other.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
AC has one of the most unique multiplayers ever and I don't know why they couldn't just continue with it and make it more grand. If this has multiplayer like it did on the Xbox one then I'll bite.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might just dive back into Black Flag if it comes to Switch. I had a LOT of fun with that game, but never beat it.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
AC has one of the most unique multiplayers ever and I don't know why they couldn't just continue with it and make it more grand. If this has multiplayer like it did on the Xbox one then I'll bite.
It probably won't, unfortunately. The recent re-release of AC3 omitted multiplayer on all platforms. Hopefully it's still in, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

It's a shame, because classic AC multiplayer was so much fun. I lost so many hours playing Revelations in particular.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
It probably won't, unfortunately. The recent re-release of AC3 omitted multiplayer on all platforms. Hopefully it's still in, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

It's a shame, because classic AC multiplayer was so much fun. I lost so many hours playing Revelations in particular.

Didn't Ubisoft say they were looking to possibly revisit multiplayer in AC games in the future?

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Ubisoft say they were looking to possibly revisit multiplayer in AC games in the future?
I'm not sure. I've admittedly been sort of out of the loop on the series for a while. I did a quick Google search, and this Game Informer interview was the first thing that came up:

How do you feel about your technology base right now? What are the immediate future things you need to do to evolve the way you need to evolve?
We have many technologies, so it's case by case, but Assassin's Creed has no multiplayer mode, and that is very important for the social aspect of gaming, so we are looking for that. Also, when you want to change something in the world in our games, right now the player has to download 20GB.
Sounds like they may be considering bringing it back to the series, but hard to say if that means something like the older games, something more like Unity's co-op, or something else entirely.

Oh shit. :D

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I enjoyed Brotherhoods the most. But I never actively disliked one particular iteration of PvP. They need to make more cat and mouse like games, probably why I've been getting my fill with Dead by Daylight. Hitman 2 is kinda similar but you're never actively hunting or running from each other during the match.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure. I've admittedly been sort of out of the loop on the series for a while. I did a quick Google search, and this Game Informer interview was the first thing that came up:

Sounds like they may be considering bringing it back to the series, but hard to say if that means something like the older games, something more like Unity's co-op, or something else entirely.

I really would like to at least get them to bring back online co-op or something like what was in Revelations.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
okay I might get that one for switch.
I never played rogue and did not finish black flag but enjoyed it a lot.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I tried AC: Odyssey but didn't stick with it, I bailed out after maybe 20 hours. I've heard lots of good things about Black Flag, though - so if this is a good port, I might try it.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Shout out to the Console Club, one of the earliest "underground" mom&pop shops in Athens, for getting this right!

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Both are good game but shame on Ubisoft if they are trying to sell them for 60$, they are like 2-3$ like constantly . They are from wii u , 2013 ps3 launch and more. Both package 30$ together or burst. ( and i am generous considering bioshock trilogy 3 game is 20$)

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
This makes sense. The real question is if we'll get Unity or Syndicate on Switch.
Lol I don't think we'll ever see them trot Unity back out ever again.
These are the last of the last gen games too so don't expect anything past these.
Personally, I would love if one of the new RPG's (Origins or Odyssey) make it's way over.

Both are good game but shame on Ubisoft if they are trying to sell them for 60$, they are like 2-3$ like constantly . They are from wii u , 2013 ps3 launch and more. Both package 30$ together or burst. ( and i am generous considering bioshock trilogy 3 game is 20$)

The listing is for $40 which is the same as ACIII Remaster was that included Liberation. I think $40 is fine for these 2, they're big games.
I don't think they'll be called Remastered though. AC IV was on PS4 & XB1. There's nothing to Remaster.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
So let me ask, how much pirate stuff are you able to do in Black Flag?
Sail the seas, engage in naval battles (cannons, etc.) and ship-boarding, have your crew sing shanties as you sail, explore caves and underwater areas for treasure... It's an open-world pirate game through and through, with the gameplay of Assassin's Creed III.

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
All over this. Black Flag in one the best and never played Rogue.
Ezio trilogy would also be good but I hope they remaster the original Assassin's Creed, bundle with Bloodlines.

Oct 26, 2017
Out of the old AC games I really only care about the Ezio games and Black Flag. So if true I will be sailing the Jackdaw once again on the go.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm down for Rogue and Freedom Cry if they're released seperately. Might be down for the entire collection if it's at a fair price.

(4's not a bad game, it's just I've played it once already and the 'Assassin' parts would be a real drag on a potential replay)