• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to make a thread but I'll piggie back here. I just got back from it and I really like it. I think knowing less about the film probably helps it. I will say this, it is a movie that starts with the main character giving away her baby solely because her friend said she looked cute. And it doesn't get any more normal from there. It's not a perfect movie. It has some horror elements and your mileage may vary on that side of things. And I think a few jokes don't quite land. But you should see it. This thing will be a cult classic.

Oct 27, 2017
Greener Grass got added to Hulu. You should watch it if you're looking for a good weird-ass time in your quarantine.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So in! I'm seeing some John Waters influence in there. Looks great.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
It would be a crime to give any of the movie away, but it basically takes on the facade of suburban upper middle class American life, including the pleasantries of giving everything you own to someone else, competing to have the best kids, being offended by media, pushing expectations on kids, divorce, and so forth. It's completely absurdist and silly but hit its target so often that I enjoyed it throughout.

Oct 27, 2017
Bump because I'm curious if anyone else watched it and what they thought. I rewatched it the other day and I was amazed at just how rewatchable it was. It's a weird ass movie but it doesn't let that stand in the way of it just being a fun watch.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Seen twice since it came out. Watch it in a big group just for other people's reactions and wtf moments lol. My friend's fiance wanted to murder me after I made em watch it after we smoked up. She still brings it up every time I see her.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Bump because I'm curious if anyone else watched it and what they thought. I rewatched it the other day and I was amazed at just how rewatchable it was. It's a weird ass movie but it doesn't let that stand in the way of it just being a fun watch.
I thought it was great. Just the perfect level of ridiculous and then it gleefully turns it up to eleven.

There is that brief moment when they are at a soccer game and the main character's friend's husband(it has been awhile, lol) mocks the ref just by mimicking what he said like a child and everyone just finds it so funny. But the best part is the main character's husband and his reaction, it is the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time.

Also this moment is sublime:

0f81da29cbb212f5c7a925d01f358aaa.png

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was great. Just the perfect level of ridiculous and then it gleefully turns it up to eleven.

There is that brief moment when they are at a soccer game and the main character's friend's husband(it has been awhile, lol) mocks the ref just by mimicking what he said like a child and everyone just finds it so funny. But the best part is the main character's husband and his reaction, it is the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time.

Also this moment is sublime:

0f81da29cbb212f5c7a925d01f358aaa.png
God, I love that beat. As someone who grew up with a sports dad, that was some prime satire.
Don't think so. It was written and directed by the two main actresses.