• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody remembers the true unsung pilot of the Rebellion

giphy.gif

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
are these characters

these aren't characters

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Tallie great, you are joking right?

Paige had one of the only scenes in the movie I liked though.
Tallie rules. She flies an A-Wing and she got some BSG-tier pilot banter/behavior. She also gave succinct and tactical orders to her subordinates, unlike Poe and Snap in TFA.

"Drop bombs on the thing. That doesn't work? Yeah, keep doing that until it gets dark out."

"Watch out for ground fire." (literally, in case anyone couldn't already see the giant turbolasers murdering your friends)

Terrible.

Oct 31, 2017

Hm, weird I thought Tallie was in TFA, too

It's about quality, not quantity.

I'm just playing, I'm assuming that's how they'd write him out. I'm pretty sure the actor wasn't in TLJ at all. Just like Tallie and Holdo showing up all of a sudden in TLJ. Where the fuck were y'all when we were attacking SK base?

Yo... lmao I was really about to be looking out for dude getting blown up.

One thing I didn't get about Poe acting like Holdo wasn't what he thought(because she's a woman?) but he's already taking orders from Leia... but yeah Tallie I thought was there for SK base

Oct 25, 2017
No, she was good. Amazing what happens when you have your pilots do more than reaction shots and spout quick exposition.
Am I missing a director's cut or something where she has more than maybe 2 lines and isn't shown doing nothing significant in her A-Wing besides getting blown up sitting in the hangar?

*And thens death getting played over by a dumb BB8 humor bit.

What you said describes her exactly, so much so I found it absolutely ridiculous they made her A-Wing a "hero ship" in Battlefront 2.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing a director's cut or something where she has more than maybe 2 lines and isn't shown doing nothing significant in her A-Wing besides getting blown up sitting in the hangar?

*And thens death getting played over by a dumb BB8 humor bit.

What you said describes her exactly, so much so I found it absolutely ridiculous they made her A-Wing a "hero ship" in Battlefront 2.

She had a lot of personality in the scenes she was in, you know like that pilot in Aliens whose just known for saying, "we're five-by-five" and getting torn to shreds? It's little shit like that which can turn a bit part into an icon. However, I will agree that her death being played over that BB8 bit was one of those terrible humor moments in TLJ.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure what JJ can do. The setup was for Leia and now he just has to make up some story that is probably not going to have a satisfying ending for a nine-tology.

I mean if anyone can do it, it's JJ, but he's got a massive task.
Is it, though? It's not like people making new movies something out of this world. TFA and TLJ is the only movie that really was tied so much together to the point that TLJ was forced to start where TFA ended, none of the other Star Wars movies had had to do that. If every other director and writer have been able to do it, I'm sure JJ can. Hell, he did it with TFA.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Episode IX starts filming next week?

Yeeessssss! Oh I'm already feeling the long wait! I hope that JJ makes a video announcement about the first day of filming the same way that Rian Johnson did with TLJ! Though I guess that could spoil something since IX is apparently a time skip.
Why did they kill her off :(
tumblr_p5irtw1XbU1qiaxzfo8_r1_400.gif
Man why did she have to die?
Anakin-Skywalker-AOTC.gif

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean? MI3, the first Star Trek reboot, TFA. All fantastic.

All of them are safe, crowd pleasers with a heavy emphasis on action. Shit, none of them are considered the best in their respective franchises.

TLJ was ascendant, a true focus on character, on deconstructing Star Wars while also attempting to push it forward. It stumbles at various places, but all in an attempt to try something bold and fresh, not to shove another explosion or fan-service moment in your face. You think JJ would ever stick Luke Skywalker on an island and have him mope about for a whole movie? We already know he planned on Luke being a Force God Jedi following TFA, ready to go adventuring. JJ will give us explosions and a serviceable plot with an obscure mystery MacGuffin, mixed with some super light internal character drama. But, we'll also get some great interaction between all the characters and Finn may actually be risen from the dead.

A fun, safe crowd pleaser.

Man why did she have to die?

She's alive to me, dammit.

3DxvGlv.gif

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kylo's boy band was nowhere to be seen in TLJ and I'm struggling to think what else they had to do that was more important
Rian Johnson apparently considered the Knights of Ren as Snoke's guards but opted not to, as it would've required explanation why they and Kylo would fight.
Interestingly, the film does indicate the Knights of Ren might be the few apprentices Ben took with him after destroying Luke's Jedi.
As it is, i'd assume they have their own tasks around the Galaxy. The First Order is moving against the New Republic after all, i'd imagine various battle groups have their own Knight of Ren leading them. Or perhaps they're looking for various Force artifacts or whatever Snoke may have wanted.

I would assume the Knights of Ren will appear in Episode IX as hindrances to Rey and the Resistance.

Oct 28, 2017
This is probably gonna sound weird but I couldn't STAND his scenes in the cockpit of the X-Wing in TFA. You could tell he was a friend of the director or producer or something and got cast as an extra in the movie as a favor, and it showed in the scenes he was in! He looked like he was laughing in every scene he was in