• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bro how cursed is this trending gamer award
Its more Geoff and his people pick shitty people who are already shitty people before they are nominated. So then shitty people live up to their already shitty status and people act surprised. Meanwhile there are decent twitch streamers etc. out there who do charity streams all the time for St. Judes etc. and they are not even a consideration as a sort of Gamer that should be highlighted.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
The gaming community these days is like a zombie horror movie. Every week another person turns around with the yellow glow in their eyes, and we can only impotently wail, "No, not you too!"

I grow very exhausted by all the hatred in this world. It really does infect people like a disease...

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know much about Andrea outside of kinda funny gamecast but as for someone who has an all women gaming podcast (what's good game?!!), didn't expect it from her.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Two things:
1. Fuck Andrea for this defense bullshit
2. Sorry Greg but coming up with "doesn't know everything about the stories and histories but not that hes trying to be ignorant but because it doesn't pertain to his normal every day life" while trying to talk about it is weak as hell.

Jeez is there anyone that has some values left in this god forsaken industry?
Fuck man
Yeah this shit is pissing me off now.

"Oh I wasn't aware that using slurs is a bad thing because it doesn't come up in my life"

Says the white, straight male. How is this still a defence

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Is PewDiePie not knowing what the N-word means because he's Swedish why he followed it with "sometimes I forget that the microphone is on" and then said "nibber" a half dozen times?

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
The gaming community these days is like a zombie horror movie. Every week another person turns around with the yellow glow in their eyes, and we have to greivingly yell, "No, not you too!"

I'm getting really exhausted by all the hatred in this world. It really does infect people like a disease...
That's basically every community not just gaming. It's why i don't really care to follow personalities/journalists.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
This reads a lot more like Andrea batting for them, and Greg just listening / putting forward questions (granted, shitty weak ones)? Iunno, I'll have to watch the clip, I got sick of KF years ago.
I don't know why they even bring shit like this up on their shows, they always seem to pussyfoot around it or claim ignorance. Maybe just don't report on stuff you have done zero research into other than reading the headline and first paragraph.
I completely agree with this too, especially if you're going to get it so wrong like this instance, but they'd honestly have next to nothing to talk about if that was the case. Even when it comes to the games themselves, the conversation was typically ~ "Well, I've played 15 minutes of this, but it's just not hooking me" every single week for years.

Last edited:

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Two things:
1. Fuck Andrea for this defense bullshit
2. Sorry Greg but coming up with "doesn't know everything about the stories and histories but not that hes trying to be ignorant but because it doesn't pertain to his normal every day life" while trying to talk about it is weak as hell.

Jeez is there anyone that has some values left in this god forsaken industry?
Fuck man

Waypoint folks and Giant Bomb are pretty good, though GB doesn't come down quite as hard on some of these dudes as they deserve. They've actively condemned white supremacy, sexism, and transphobia before, but I thought they were a tad soft on Pewdiepie.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I haven't watched their content in weeks and one reason was they are always uninformed about the topics they discuss in the daily show. If I would to take a guess I would say today's discussion is a continuation of that trend.
This also factors into why I'm kinda giving them both the benefit of the doubt here. In-depth, considered reporting is basically the last thing I expect from KF. It's way more believable to me that they read the bullet points of these stories and may not have been 100% aware of the larger context and severity - especially in Notch's case.

If the double down on this, that's another story.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm sure Greg will put out an apology. Even in the episode, he talks like he is uninformed and just wants to start a conversation.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? This doesnt shock me at all. Something always rubbed me the wrong way about both of them.

Like this elitist, above all bullshit.

Now the truth comes out.

SHOCKED

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Straight white people don't see problem with racist/transphobic rhetoric, more at 11.

I bet they think it's not okay to punch Nazis either.

The fact that so many white people aren't capable of seeing what's wrong with them is why the alt-right has spread unchecked. People who think they're "allies" or whatever are only keeping their eyes out for the blatant shit, completely overlooking everything else.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
From what I've seen, Miller has always been a corporate shill who comes off as one of those moderate types. Say you condemn bigotry but then go out of their way to ignore or even downplay bigotry when it happens, when it's not on the level of, like, KKK members killing a black person.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
What's the point of a podcast if the amount of research you makes is next to non-existent? No one wants to hear your minute one hot take of something you've just read, it's obvious you won't know how to broach a subject like this on the spot and it's going to spiral into a shithole.

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Pretty sad. I guess they don't have an editorial team? Telling that this was even released.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waypoint folks and Giant Bomb are pretty good, though GB doesn't come down quite as hard on some of these dudes as they deserve. They've actively condemned white supremacy, sexism, and transphobia before, but I thought they were a tad soft on Pewdiepie.
Yeah and those are the only two crews I follow and love.
Because I can count on them for not saying shit or being full of shit.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Andrea said Notch's tweets were taken completely out of context and we don't need to analyze his tweets right now.

Notic-Hetero-Tweet-600x551.jpg

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
That's basically every community not just gaming. It's why i don't really care to follow personalities/journalists.
There really is an epidemic of alt-right hatred that has blanketed the world over the last five years. Gamergate was the spark, but now it's utterly everywhere.

I'm not one to give up. But I just I wish I knew what to do about it. I spend half my breath screaming for tolerance and love and yet stories like this can still make me feel so powerless...

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
As a fan of a lot of kinda funny's content I'm really bummed out by stuff like this. Andrea constantly just shits on things she doesn't like and calls people crybabys when they voice their opinions, (in regards to the ongoing epic games store situation). She does this all while admitting that she isn't even slightly involved in the ecosystem of pc gamers.

Greg is usually the one who will admit he isn't well informed about a topic and stays neutral for the most part.

I find myself more and more drive away from kinda funny of late and that makes me sad as I've always liked the majority of their content.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I will also say, the eagerness with at which some people want to 'cancel' Greg & Andrea in this thread is genuinely off-putting to me. It's one thing to express disappointment, it's another to use this as a moment to brag about how you never liked them in the first place.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ph422f3qup221.png

Would love to see what Andrea's context for this is.

Discussing IQ differences between the races, totally just a whacky thinker.

Like, stay in your lane guys if you're not going to do a modicum of prep for this sort of topic.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
they just removed notch references from the minecraft splash screen a month ago. not really the kind of thing you want to do if you intend to court the creator to appear at an anniversary event.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
As a fan of a lot of kinda funny's content I'm really bummed out by stuff like this. Andrea constantly just shits on things she doesn't like and calls people crybabys when they voice their opinions, (in regards to the ongoing epic games store situation).

Greg is usually the one who will admit he isn't well informed about a topic and stays neutral for the most part.

I find myself more and more drive away from kinda funny of late and that makes me sad as I've always liked the majority of their content.
I'm not sure how you can't be informed that using racist and transphobic language is a bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.