• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
"Blowing up Twitter"
Yeah ok
And those mobile game ads on my Facebook are actually Going viral and breaking the internet"

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are there RFID tags in E3 badges yet? If so you can't just make one with a picture you found online. The fact that he hasn't actually explained what happened here kind of makes me think he simply let someone borrow his badge and they got caught. Shrug. Greg is a good dude and I'm sure this will get sorted but there are way better ways to handle something like this.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is he even considered a journalist? Can you be considered a journalist when a company specifically pays you to come in and uncritically squeal about how good everything sounds for hours on end?

He's not a games journalist, nor does he pretend to be.

Are there RFID tags in E3 badges yet? If so you can't just make one with a picture you found online. The fact that he hasn't actually explained what happened here kind of makes me think he simply let someone borrow his badge and they got caught. Shrug. Greg is a good dude and I'm sure this will get sorted but there are way better ways to handle something like this.

I get the impression that he's shared all the details he has already. He most likely got that email and immediately shared it unless we find out otherwise.

I can't argue that there aren't more "official" ways to handle this stuff, but he's also an internet personality. He's just using the tools he has to get a resolution rather than taking time off his shows to make phone calls. Definitely feels like an "abuse of power" for folks who don't have his amount of clout, but I see personalities take that route all the time.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Greg: Hey i need to stay relevant in 2019

ESA: same here fam. Let's make a scandal that'll be resolved in a couple days

Greg: đź’©

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this misunderstanding will surely be fixed right, right???

a for the tweet the replies are just pure gold.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Hope he gets it figured out. That aside, some of you folks need to cut out the personal vendettas. So what if you didn't care for his E3 behavior, stop acting like he personally did something to offend you.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
If it was a faked badge, presumably they would have both the fake one and the real one in their (ESA's) possession, and could sort this thing out?

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope he gets it figured out. That aside, some of you folks need to cut out the personal vendettas. So what if you didn't care for his E3 behavior, stop acting like he personally did something to offend you.
If I didn't know any better I'd say the lot of you are super jealous of Greg Miller.
B-But, he's loud! And not relevant!

It's ok, you don't have to agree.
It's ok, you can admit to being wrong.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
Lost of edgy takes in here. I would have thought this community would be better than to jump into a thread just to make a "#2kool4greg" posts. I don't think this subject requires attacks on Greg's personality. If you don't like his hosting style and don't care about him why even bother posting?

John198X

Nov 9, 2018
So here's the thing, and apologies if he reached out to the Esa before going to social media. But am I the only one that kinda hates when "internet celebrities" use social media to sick the internet on something before trying to resolve the issue privately? Because I'm like 110% positive that was a good mistake by Esa.
I think it's super obnoxious.
The internet equivalent of a Karen making a scene at a restaurant.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
There is almost zero chance this doesn't get fixed sometime in the next few days, let alone before next E3, and then it will just be a funny anecdote.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
can't wait for the twist where e3 has receipts and proof he indeed traded it to someone at some point before taking it back later (hence why he had it at the end).

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of random hate in here. It is embarrassing.
Agreed, we need to be better as a community. Haven't seen many threads recently without this kind of negative shit in it. ESA should perhaps have spoken to him first without immediately laying down the ban hammer. Really poor response from them. I daresay gameovergreggy will be back at e3 next year.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
dude was kind of annoying with whatever videos i watched with him in them so it's fine by me
He's perhaps the most insufferable person I have come across in game journalism.
He's not even the most insufferable founding member of his website.

But Greg has become really quite annoying lately. He acts like, dare I say, a bit of a shill
His hosting was so fucking bad this year (didn't watch it previously) I don't see it as something bad. Maybe they'll get a better one.
He's ubisoft tier cringe host. Hope the ban sticks.
Of course he immediately takes to Twitter to whine about it. I really don't like this baby-toothed man.
Useless pile of clothing gaming personality #355428 got banned from what will be an awesome E3? Good.
Stop being assholes.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure someone just copied his badge. You would have to be the dumbest person on earth to actually trade your badge.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I'm gonna enter a thread about someone I don't like and start shitting on said person.

This place can be a real fucking cesspool sometimes.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, we need to be better as a community. Haven't seen many threads recently without this kind of negative shit in it. ESA should perhaps have spoken to him first without immediately laying down the ban hammer. Really poor response from them. I daresay gameovergreggy will be back at e3 next year.
You're right, we can't talk about no one in a negative light ever.

Also Greg's not this special soul, this is literally what the ESA does when they find someone in violation of their rules. He can talk to them after the fact.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greg's currently blowing up on Twitter

Ythi8Cv.png

K

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is they confiscated his badge, which he clearly still had at the end of E3.

So how does he let someone borrow his badge, who gets caught and has it confiscated, but still have it by the end of the show?

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're right, we can't talk about no one in a negative light ever.
This is a shitty attitude. It's okay if you aren't into certain personalities on the web, but to actively shit on that person for absolutely no reason makes you look like an asshole.

I'm not a fan of a few internet personalities that have threads made about them here, but you don't see me entering any of them and posting some kind of insult.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The problem is they "confiscated his badge", which he clearly still had at the end of E3.

So how does he let someone borrow his badge, who gets caught and has it confiscated, but still have it by the end of the show?
Ah, missed that twist. So I'm guessing there are no RFIDs and someone just made a fake one. It'll get sorted though publicly shaming the event organizers for an honest (?) mistake could also be a great way to not be welcomed back!

Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication

There doesn't seem to be anything to discuss here other than a developing misunderstanding of some kind. Rather than let it become a spectacle, his thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.