• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
we'll get you next time, Miller, next time!

- mrrreeeooowww!

tenor.gif

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't understand the leap from "I find his on-air personality annoying" to "I hope he loses his E3 badge for falsely being accused of trading it."

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Seems like he should ave never been banned in the first place, so good for him.

I personally never liked him. Dude was the biggest console fanboy on ign, especially for someone who was supposed to be a somewhat objective journalist... maybe in the end he was more of a personality than a journalist so it made more sense there but man... you could count on that guy having exactly zero interesting or intelligent things to say to or ask pc game developers. he only ever had one question... so when is it coming to consoles, hero derp, and the rest of the time it was him being bored, so obnoxious.

I wondered why they ever assigned him pc related tasks, it always turned out the same. Guy was so clueless. I did enjoy it when he spoke passionately about a fe game franchises on consoles that I was familiar with though.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's a happy guy who has cultivated a following with people he considers "family". I can't say I buy his whole schtick all the time but I get why people are drawn to him. I enjoyed him when he hosted Beyond but after he left IGN, he got to be a bit much for me. Again, I get why people like him, just not for me atm.

That said, some of y'all need a break from this internet thing. It must be exhausting being this cynical and hateful 24/7.

I guess it is exhausting to host a daily show where you give a platform to people saying Notch and Pewdiepie do no harm.

Jan 29, 2018
The dude posts here, it's okay to shit on other .members now? You don't have to like him but you should try having some class.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
That said, some of y'all need a break from this internet thing. It must be exhausting being this cynical and hateful 24/7.
i mean, i don't care for greg because of his whole handwaving of notch and pewdiepie bit, but do go off

glad he's reeinstated though, what a weird situation

EDIT: not to imply that he didn't apologise or he doesn't make strides to be better and stuff

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Yikes....some of you in the last thread are straight up insufferable. Why is that shit allowed.

Greg Miller can be a little....hyper at times but that's his thing. The schill talk is ridiculous too.

Oct 25, 2017
Good grief man, what part of anything I posted came across like me defending the guy for what he may have said?

Greg literally came into this forum and apologized and outlined steps he'd take to improve

I swear, some people on ERA straight up do not believe people can learn from their mistakes and improve as people, and instead continue to bash people over mistakes they made in the past

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Eh, this would have taken a single email to the E3 media team to have sorted out.

Anyone who's gone to the show as media for a few years knows the media team by name.

It does make for good social media engagement though.

He did email them, that's how it got resolved. He also used it to make some funny content for one of his podcasts AND have a real/interesting discussion about how E3 is changing, who should be allowed in, etc.

edit: and technically it took at least 2 emails, as he read them during the podcast (not that that's the important part of your post). They responded to his first email with a photo of the badge that was confiscated, and he sent them a picture of his actual badge that apparently had a different barcode number to show that it wasn't his.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont like Kinda Funny because of Andrea, but people hating on Greg because of his enthusiastic persona, while at the same time on this site people sing to the heavens how "genuine" the fake reactions from other identical personalities like the people from Easy Allies always amuse me.

They are the same thing. Entertainers getting money. Nothing wrong with that.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
E3 2019 did suck and Greg Miller was there. In fact, the EA stuff he worked on was particularly terrible and is roundly considered to be one of the worst showings by a publisher.
So did you have a problem with the games or the hosting? You seem to be conflating the two.
I dont like Kinda Funny because of Andrea, but people hating on Greg because of his enthusiastic persona, while at the same time on this site people sing to the heavens how "genuine" the fake reactions from other identical personalities like the people from Easy Allies always amuse me.

They are the same thing. Entertainers getting money. Nothing wrong with that.
I don't think Easy Allies does fake reactions. Huber is a 100% real person.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Lost a lot of respect for this dude today. Of course this was a dumb mistake. Why he didn't try to privately resolve this error instead of sending the internet trolls on someone just rubs me the wrong way. I don't think Greg looks at himself as some big internet celebrity, he seems very humble, but he really comes across as an entitled internet celeb today.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Greg literally came into this forum and apologized and outlined steps he'd take to improve

I swear, some people on ERA straight up do not believe people can learn from their mistakes and improve as people, and instead continue to bash people over mistakes they made in the past

Indeed it's completely unnecessary. I am all for holding people to account but what's the point when they've already owned up to their mistakes and said they're going to change? How does that help anyone?

Lost a lot of respect for this dude today. Of course this was a dumb mistake. Why he didn't try to privately resolve this error instead of sending the internet trolls on someone just rubs me the wrong way. I don't think Greg looks at himself as some big internet celebrity, he seems very humble, but he really comes across as an entitled internet celeb today.

You're taking this way too seriously. It was an interesting story of identity theft, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.