• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with half a brain would have noticed something was up if he just delayed the podcast without giving any reason. And he seems to not want to keep the initial schedule if it means not having the conversation when it happens.

Most people don't know Greg Miller, let alone follow his podcast schedule. People outside of his audience wouldn't care.

Now that he played the insider card though ? People will flock to him.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
if he's delaying it by 4 days thats almost a week. Why not just record now, tease something in the podcast, and record a special episode or just wait until next week?

The act of delaying + the relative profile of the person posting creates instantly unreasonable expectations

Because they want to do the show when there's actual news to talk about, and it'll inevitably be a better show for it. Also them recording right before an announcement is a running gag and they're clearly trying to get out in front of that.

I don't think the act of delaying itself is a big deal, and I doubt KF do either. They regularly delay episode to fall in line with embargoes or showcases or whatever else.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Most people don't know Greg Miller, let alone follow his podcast schedule. People outside of his audience wouldn't care.

That's a stretch for a good number of reasons.

But the main one is: it's Greg Miller. If you don't know who he is, there is a good chance you don't give a fuck about Sony or their announcements. We're not talking about a no-name insider wanting to make a name out of him/herself. He doesn't need the flock.

MonsterMech

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
The problem with these kinds of posts is that what's considered a good reveal for the hype is different to everyone.

The people wanting legend of dragoon remake will probably be underwhelmed if it's VR2.

The people wanting spartacus will probably be underwhelmed if it's a bloodborne remaster.

These don't even have to be big blowout games either. Some people would probably consider something like an FFT remaster to be a big enough reveal to satisfy this while many others wouldn't.

So, we've got a lot of different day dreams and only 1-3 reveals. Many will inevitably be disappointed.
I'm just going by how we get threads with hundreds of posts of speculation and it's usually just something we already knew about or expected.

We already got the report about the "Spartacus" stuff. It's probably that and maybe some gameplay or a release date for a game we already know about.

Which is fine, but when we get a bunch of Twitter people selling the hype. People's imaginations run wild.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a stretch for a good number of reasons.

But the main one is: it's Greg Miller. If you don't know who he is, there is a good chance you don't give a fuck about Sony or their announcements. We're not talking about a no-name insider wanting to make a name out of him/herself. He doesn't need the flock.
PlayStation is a global brand, I can assure you that the vast majority of people following PlayStation don't know and don't care about Greg Miller.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

He's not playing the insider card. He delayed his show because he wanted to be able to react to potential announcements and everyone here ran away with it.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I'm just going by how we get threads with hundreds of posts of speculation and it's usually just something we already knew about or expected.

We already got the report about the "Spartacus" stuff. It's probably that and maybe some gameplay or a release date for a game we already know about.

Which is fine, but when we get a bunch of Twitter people selling the hype. People's imaginations run wild.
Yup. They're just playing into human nature. There's something out there I can't talk about, it's big and it's coming soon. So naturally people think the thing they've been daydreaming about has a chance. And many end up disappointed. I find no value in these twitter hype things at all.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
222.gif

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
PlayStation is a global brand, I can assure you that the vast majority of people following PlayStation don't know and don't care about Greg Miller.

And a majority of those people still don't know who Greg Miller is and will get the information that Sony will release through official information and major news websites. Using this kind of argumentation, you could also say that Bloomberg isn't known by everyone and their coverage of future Spartacus announcements is attention seeking for the people that don't know who they are. It's reductive, at best.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And a majority of those people still don't know who Greg Miller is and will get the information that Sony will release through official information and major news websites. Using this kind of argumentation, you could also say that Bloomberg isn't known by everyone and their coverage of future Spartacus announcements is attention seeking for the people that don't know who they are. It's reductive, at best.
The info is being translated and sourced.

When Bloomberg release an article, It's being translated and reported in near every single video game website and gaming Twitter accounts. The same is being done when insiders share their informations.

One of the announcements has to do with Greg personally

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
So on Kinda Funny Games Daily Greg mentioned that at least one of the 'announcements' has something to do with him personally.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to be another NPC in an upcoming game or something.

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
"So PlayStation has three separate announcements that they could have this week?"
"Yes"

👀

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. That tweet was so harmless. Nothing out of the ordinary for their platform or show. Not sure why people are freaking about this one tweet.

Yeah people taking things too far as usual. We're all just bored I guess.

But they talk about missing big news when they record on Monday and post on Tuesday all the time. If you know because of Jason one big PlayStation thing is happening probably Tuesday or Wednesday why wouldn't you wait to record until later in the week.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
So on Kinda Funny Games Daily Greg mentioned that at least one of the 'announcements' has something to do with him personally.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to be another NPC in an upcoming game or something.

Probably hired by Sony or one of the studios in some kind of role.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
Sony ending support for a mobile game and then dropping their new subscription service has the same vibes as Nintendo ending support for a mobile game and dropping folders on Switch.

Oct 28, 2017
It will be the announcement of the PS2 Classic. But with a twist. Not your shitty limited game selection emulated on mini hardware. It's literally a PS2 released again but built for modern tv's. Straight up the original PS2 hardware but with HDMI and it looks good. Has a disc drive. All your PS2 AND PS1 games work. Can also connect to PSN and has a hard drive so you can also get your digital library on it. It will be the claasic console done right the way I always envisioned it.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
1. Spartacus, obviously

2. Bloodborne Remaster, good timing to build off of hype from Elden Ring, lots of new From game fans

3. Epic has exclusive pipeline for timed release of future PS5 games on PC, the "impactful" part being a certain 12 months after console release. Epic + Sony future tie ups, live service backbone, dev tools.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Yeah people taking things too far as usual. We're all just bored I guess.

But they talk about missing big news when they record on Monday and post on Tuesday all the time. If you know because of Jason one big PlayStation thing is happening probably Tuesday or Wednesday why wouldn't you wait to record until later in the week.

This right here bugs me more than anything on a gaming forum, to be frank. There are so many massive games that released recently and people are still clamoring for news. As usual, this forum continues to project how it cares more about rumors and news than actual fresh releases.

Greg Miller has been in the industry for nearly 2 decades now? It's his show, and he feels like he can delay it, with people claiming he's looking for clout? Also for whatever reason, people losing their minds for a potential subscription service when new games are out right now or several are on discount.

The constant cycle of news and rumors, yet no one is excited to play the damn games these days.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
3. Epic has exclusive pipeline for timed release of future PS5 games on PC, the "impactful" part being a certain 12 months after console release. Epic + Sony future tie ups, live service backbone, dev tools.
Even if you are joking, Sony isn't dumb enough to fall for this. They already turned down an Epic exclusivity deal once.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

Very strange that one of the rumors he heard about for this week has to do with him.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
It's always the same with these insiders

Stage 1: OH MY HECKIN GOD YOU GUYS AMAZING STUFF THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND AHEAD

Stage 2: Actually uhm, it may or may not be that big? It really depends on your preferences

Stage 3: Well actually some of the things got delayed last minute

Stage 4: I was just speculating

Status
Not open for further replies.