• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonedeff

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And since I'm on a binge and high as fucking saturn let me also state I would've been cool with Mer x Riggs.

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Man, I like Owen, despite his crazy flaws... But yeah Amelia was great in PP and started in Grey's as a good character until they crapped on her personality due to her disease. I was so happy when Amelia x Owen called it quits.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
And now we know it will start on the 22nd March. Starts with a double episode, then taking the post Grey's slot

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Seasons 15 & 16 deals reached with Ellen Pompeo... this show is in for a long haul

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Ellen Pompeo is quite confident now. And it should be a good lesson to many actresses, with a shout-out to Weinstein as well.

For me, Patrick [Dempsey] leaving the show [in 2015] was a defining moment, deal-wise. They could always use him as leverage against me — 'We don't need you; we have Patrick' — which they did for years. I don't know if they also did that to him, because he and I never discussed our deals. There were many times where I reached out about joining together to negotiate, but he was never interested in that. At one point, I asked for $5,000 more than him just on principle, because the show is Grey's Anatomy and I'm Meredith Grey. They wouldn't give it to me. And I could have walked away, so why didn't I? It's my show; I'm the number one. I'm sure I felt what a lot of these other actresses feel: Why should I walk away from a great part because of a guy? You feel conflicted but then you figure, "I'm not going to let a guy drive me out of my own house."

"Are you people f–king nuts? Why do you feel that you have to replace this person?" I couldn't believe how fast the studio and the network felt like they had to get a penis in there. We brought in Martin Henderson, but they didn't love the storyline, so that ended.

She also will get a producing fee plus backend on this spring's Grey's spinoff as well as put pilot commitments and office space for her Calamity Jane production company on Disney's Burbank lot.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/f...er-behind-scenes-fight-what-i-deserve-1074978

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Favorite parts: Her laughing about the post-Dempsexit ratings spike; the anecdote about her volunteering to destroy the show for Shonda once (Shonda) announced she was hopping ship to Netflix

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me sad to hear this stuff. When I get so attached to a cast, knowing that shit like this is going on bums me out.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Wow, the way she talks is so powerful. No seriously; its crazy to see how comfy she is with herself and position to be so frank.

isual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
read her article. good for her in commanding a salary worthy. took 14 years, but it is what it is.

also, how was season 14? i kind of stopped around episode 7 because i just thought, wow - this is terrible.

i really trudged through seasons 12 and 13 just because. but really, after mark and lexi died, that was it for me.

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
read her article. good for her in commanding a salary worthy. took 14 years, but it is what it is.

also, how was season 14? i kind of stopped around episode 7 because i just thought, wow - this is terrible.

i really trudged through seasons 12 and 13 just because. but really, after mark and lexi died, that was it for me.

IMO, S12 and S13 were basically the worst seasons of Grey's. S14 seems quite a bit better overall, IMO, but if you didn't like the first 7 episodes you may not like the others (which are still airing).

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Mood: Meredith Grey strolling into work with a coffee as if
she didn't just run over Jo's abusive husband

Ok ok
I know it's gonna turn out it was his fiance what did it but still I believe Meredith would 100% have done it

isual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IMO, S12 and S13 were basically the worst seasons of Grey's. S14 seems quite a bit better overall, IMO, but if you didn't like the first 7 episodes you may not like the others (which are still airing).

i just checked and its up to 9 now for s14. so really, it was probably around episode 2 or 3 where i dropped it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It was a strong moment when Meredith told Jo she knew exactly who she was.
And it came perfectly after the lightest moment of the episode. I love that the 'hacking' wasn't the focus of that scene.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised the Jo storyline ended so quickly. Now that I think about it though it has been going a very long time

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised the Jo storyline ended so quickly. Now that I think about it though it has been going a very long time

I think the only reason it dragged on as long as it did was because her actress got pregnant last season and it had to be put on hold. I guess by this point they were ready to wrap it up.

Jesse Williams played Jesse Williams in a storyline that seems like it was written by Jesse Williams so he could say what was on his mind.

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I think the only reason it dragged on as long as it did was because her actress got pregnant last season and it had to be put on hold. I guess by this point they were ready to wrap it up.

Jesse Williams played Jesse Williams in a storyline that seems like it was written by Jesse Williams so he could say what was on his mind.

Seriously, I liked Jackson's role in this episode, and you're right, it did feel like it was written by Jesse Williams to act as himself.

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I think that episode was a kickoff to April losing her religion.

The preview for next week looked wild. The possibility of them offing Miranda is so nuts to me.

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I think that episode was a kickoff to April losing her religion.

The preview for next week looked wild. The possibility of them offing Miranda is so nuts to me.

I could see it. Warren is leaving the show and Miranda's actress seems to be interested in directing/producing. I could see her dying or living but deciding that she wants to be closer to Warren/have a change of a career/focus on spending time with her kids after having a near-death experience, any of these resulting in her more or less leaving Grey's but still being able to come back for a later episode as needed.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, I liked Jackson's role in this episode, and you're right, it did feel like it was written by Jesse Williams to act as himself.

Yeah. I'm super not complaining though.

On the other hand, the domestic abuse story got a bit too heavy handed with the fiance giving all that exposition, but I guess they wanted to make sure viewers understand huge red flags in their own relationships.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Hilarious ending to the Jo storyline, seriously dark story for April is going to be interesting.

I could see it. Warren is leaving the show and Miranda's actress seems to be interested in directing/producing. I could see her dying or living but deciding that she wants to be closer to Warren/have a change of a career/focus on spending time with her kids after having a near-death experience, any of these resulting in her more or less leaving Grey's but still being able to come back for a later episode as needed.

Closer to Warren is kinda problematic considering he works in Seattle as well, and they're going to do frequent cross-overs.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hilarious ending to the Jo storyline, seriously dark story for April is going to be interesting.
Closer to Warren is kinda problematic considering he works in Seattle as well, and they're going to do frequent cross-overs.

Yeah that was an abrupt ending. Shows up.
dies
. lol

Also..yeah the April stuff was dark but the ending kind of made me cringe. Are all the interns
gonna get laid
? I don't even remember if he was named in the episode. lol

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite thing about this show is how everytime they go to a different hospital it looks like a real, actual hospital, but they treat it like it's a shithole.

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Really enjoyed this episode for the most part. Looking at all of Bailey's flashbacks, I'm surprised all of the OG staff don't have serious OCD/PTSD.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
That was a heavy episode but also a great one. Edit: meant the April episode with the kid getting shot by the cops, I'm a bit behind you guys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
That was one of the most boring episodes of Grey's I've ever seen. We basically summarized all of their competition projects over the entire episode, but that could have been done in a third of the time. We saw male Deluca and Sam flirting a bunch and it was really awkward and juvenile; I knew they were getting hate from viewers, but I was fine with it until this episode. No super interesting medical cases besides the 12 year old with a tumor. I've really enjoyed this season, but this episode felt like it was sent to die against the Olympics opening ceremony.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite thing about this show is how everytime they go to a different hospital it looks like a real, actual hospital, but they treat it like it's a shithole.

Usually it's the staff that is the problem. Derek died because of a bad call of the doctor in charge (though his assistant wanted to do the right thing) and Bailey almost died because they didn't give her the stress test she asked for. It does give the impression that all the other doctors are incompetent lol, but it's interesting to see a doctor getting a treatment he knows is wrong and not being able to do anything about it.

Glad Bailey didn't die, getting a glimpse of her childhood was really interesting. I think it was a nice touch, having her realize that she was making the same mistake that her mother did, being too overprotective and trying to clip her husband's wings.
Took a life and death situation for her to realize that, which is typical Miranda stuborness.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Grey's just came back on from a break and now there is a 3 week break lol. Takes me out of it.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I just watched the episode where the police shot and killed the boy trying to go into his own house

The scene where Bailey and Ben teach their kid how to react to a police officer broke my heart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.