• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they're letting Meredith be all "Yeah the same shit happened to me" with this, especially after they whiffed on bringing it up during the bomb-in-a-body-cavity-station-19 crossover.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Fun finale. The send-off for Kepner and Arizona seemed kinda rushed but it was alright. I'm glad Teddy is back but I hope she isn't just used to be in a love triangle with Owen and Amelia. I wonder how they'll go with the next season.

Hanging plotlines seem to be: Owen and Amelia, Teddy as chief, whatever happens to Alex and Jo due to the fellowship (timeskip again?) and whatever Bailey is up to

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Fun finale. The send-off for Kepner and Arizona seemed kinda rushed but it was alright. I'm glad Teddy is back but I hope she isn't just used to be in a love triangle with Owen and Amelia. I wonder how they'll go with the next season.

Hanging plotlines seem to be: Owen and Amelia, Teddy as chief, whatever happens to Alex and Jo due to the fellowship (timeskip again?) and whatever Bailey is up to

I feel like Arizona's was less rushed since it tied back into her actual character and personal relationships established on the show. April's was awful though, it seemed to happen largely off screen and involved a lot of weird time skips ("Oh yeah, she and what's his face have been dating for several weeks, they just never showed it on screen or mentioned it", "Oh she quit her job at the hospital like a month and a half ago and has been working with homeless people even though she was still working there in the previous episode").

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Small tears at the end. Three lovely weddings, and Callie back with Arizona.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Small tears at the end. Three lovely weddings, and Callie back with Arizona.
Did they say they were actually getting back together I can't recall. I remember her saying she hurts her the most but makes her smile blabla but nothing direct? What happened to that other girl then (god she was a bad character) ?

I feel like Arizona's was less rushed since it tied back into her actual character and personal relationships established on the show. April's was awful though, it seemed to happen largely off screen and involved a lot of weird time skips ("Oh yeah, she and what's his face have been dating for several weeks, they just never showed it on screen or mentioned it", "Oh she quit her job at the hospital like a month and a half ago and has been working with homeless people even though she was still working there in the previous episode").
At least Arizona had the previous episode to establish her exit. Her goodbyes with Karev was nice, I'll certainly miss their interactions. Yeah April's goodbye was basically a couple lines from some characters and that's it. Thinking back, you're right it was pretty bad.

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I generally enjoyed this season and the finale, but I really think the first half of the season was great while the last half was weirdly disjointed. It felt as though most episodes were really unrelated, almost like a sitcom rather than a series that had story arcs. It felt very un-Grey's-like to me.

I think Kepner's send off was weak too. It's a classic storytelling failure to "tell, not show" and the Matthew plot was 95% just dictated to us as off-screen stuff. Kinda disappointing. I also find Matthew marrying her relatively quickly kind of strange, especially with Jackson of all people being one of the only guests at his wedding. It felt out of character for Matthew to be ready to move on from his dead wife so relatively quickly. Not the worst storyline ever, but just felt like something they didn't plan ahead. I wonder if they had planned to kill April, but all the fan backlash of her leaving was enough for them to change course and keep her around. The rushed nature of her story makes me really question that.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Just caught up on it. Episode made me chuckle. So rushed and goofy, but satisfying for longtime Grey Fans. It's clear that the writers wanted a big refresh. After Kepner's near death (oh joy, ANOTHER doctor death), I expect that the writing team will return ready to rock. So many seeds left this season. I wouldn't be surprised if 15 is the last season for a lot of old cast members.

Seriously, though...get rid of Glasses. This running gag about a doctor queasy around blood is just unsalvageable.

Also, I really just want to see Meredith in a different role. I get that the show revolves around her, but I think it's time for her to level up again. Take on all new responsibilities. Maybe more administrative and far less surgery. I'd love to see more behind-the-scenes type executive decisions involving her and the surgeons. They briefly touched on that when the old crew became members of the board, but that didn't last. I'd like them to revisit it in future seasons. The best stuff from this past season has been exploring the public relations and perception side of the hospital. More butting heads and philosophical differences as opposed to just the 'love of surgery'.

Anyway, bring on the new season!

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I watched Grey's Anatomy from season 1 episode 1 to season 13 episode 5 in 3 months.

- Burke is the GOAT
- Season 13 has 9 Black characters, let's get it
- Yang is a top 5 character
- Webber is a top 5 character
- Dr. Ross was a real one
- Ben Warren needs to fucking chill on the spontaneous surgeries
- Edwards and Maggie got the frizzy afro shit goin', shoutout Zazie Beetz
- Amy learned about White privilege, lmfao
- Derek Shepherd was a legend
- I don't care about O'Mailey or Izzie
- The plane crash was dumb
- Karev fluctuates from being a top 3 character to a bottom 3 character every episode
- Hunt is the GOAT
- Fuck Riggs tbh

Soda
Joni

Last edited:
OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I watched Grey's Anatomy from season 1 episode 1 to season 13 episode 5 in 3 months.

- Burke is the GOAT
- Karev fluctuates from being a top 3 character to a bottom 3 character every episode
- Hunt is the GOAT
- Fuck Riggs tbh

Soda
Joni
This is amazing and I have a long reply to write up in a few hours.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Hunt, nah, I saw him coming in great, but he is so pointless. He is never doing something really noticeable. He is just the love interest.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Hunt is trash who yelled "You killed our baby" at Cristina during Zola's birthday party

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Damn 14 seasons. I quit after the sixth season I think.
osetmdP.gif

Hunt, nah, I saw him coming in great, but he is so pointless. He is never doing something really noticeable. He is just the love interest.
osetmdP.gif

Hunt is trash who yelled "You killed our baby" at Cristina during Zola's birthday party
osetmdP.gif

Ok, but Hunt > Riggs

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand

- Burke is the GOAT
- Hunt is the GOAT
- Fuck Riggs tbh

Soda
Joni

-Burke is solid. Sad when he left.
-Yeah, Grey's is good at representing all sorts of groups, except for gay men. I think there have been zero gay men as main cast or even supporting cast. The best we get is the occasional gay couple as patients for one episode.
-Yang is top 3
-Weber is top 8 for me
-Ross was too good for this show
-Warren needs to chill on the spontaneous careers
-Edwards is probably my most-missed character excluding people from the first three seasons
-Amelia went from being awesome in Private Practice to being awful in Grey's to redeeming herself a bit in the last season in Grey's
-I actually grew to dislike Derek the more I re-watch the series. He's an ass. An awesome surgeon, but man, he;'s an ass
-I loved O'Malley and Izzie my first time or two through the series, but that changed the more I re-watch. They're OK I guess. My wife likes them a lot more than I do at this point.
-The plane crash was tramautizing at the time
-Karev is my favorite
-Hunt was super badass in the first few episodes that he was in, but somewhere along the way became this sad-sack dude. I want him to be a badass again.
-Agreed

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching this show when the offed Lexie. Fuck that. That was unforgivable. Plane crash was dumb. So many characters have died on this fucking show.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
-I loved O'Malley and Izzie my first time or two through the series, but that changed the more I re-watch. They're OK I guess. My wife likes them a lot more than I do at this point.

they were good until the writers made them sleep together.. that was stupid and both actors at one point or another voiced that opinion.

extra points for Heigl for actually being a very very good actress up until she left the show.

she looked scared shitless every time she got the Danny D. hallucinations, when she realizes it's very likely she's sick and starts trying to find out she also looked very concerned at all times.

If I'd read the script, I'd think that would be a very silly plot but she made me actually fear for her safety and care for her throughout her ordeal.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
-Burke is solid. Sad when he left.
-Yeah, Grey's is good at representing all sorts of groups, except for gay men. I think there have been zero gay men as main cast or even supporting cast. The best we get is the occasional gay couple as patients for one episode.
-Yang is top 3
-Weber is top 8 for me
-Ross was too good for this show
-Warren needs to chill on the spontaneous careers
-Edwards is probably my most-missed character excluding people from the first three seasons
-Amelia went from being awesome in Private Practice to being awful in Grey's to redeeming herself a bit in the last season in Grey's
-I actually grew to dislike Derek the more I re-watch the series. He's an ass. An awesome surgeon, but man, he;'s an ass
-The plane crash was tramautizing at the time
-Karev is my favorite
-Hunt was super badass in the first few episodes that he was in, but somewhere along the way became this sad-sack dude. I want him to be a badass again.
-Agreed
I'll reply to this when I finish season 14, thanks.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching this show when the offed Lexie. Fuck that. That was unforgivable. Plane crash was dumb. So many characters have died on this fucking show.

I thought it was pretty funny that the first episode of Supergirl had her Chyler Leigh nearly dying in a plane crash.
(But yeah, man, there was a pretty big contrast between how Lexie's death was handled and how Marc's death was handled - he got this big two episode send off and she got "Oh no I Am Dead" halfway through the episode)

Anyway the rumor mill says that
Thatcher is back this season, so I can't wait to see which of his family members is dies horribly this time!

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
This Jackson / Maggie teasing thing is getting dumb.

EDIT: Oh....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
We're 8 days from the Season 15 premiere! I plan to put up a S15 thread a night or two before S15's premiere, but I figured I'd ask here: does anyone want to do the honors of making the new thread? I don't plan to put a ton of effort into it, so I'm happy to do it but also 100% fine with passing off the torch.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Maggie and Jackson not being together and Maggie turning Jackson down is causing me physical pain.

EDIT: Oh...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.