• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Ellen Pompeo showing up with no make up to read three lines and collect her $900,000 per episode, actual queen.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Was Sabrina the Richard's niece that was featured on the show like a decade ago when Adele was still alive?

Edit: Nevermind, just got to the part where they said she hasn't been to Seattle since she was 8

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Owen: And it turns out it's not that you never wanted to have kids, it's that you didn't want to have them with me.
Amelia, if she was being honest: Yes. You are absolutely terrible, Meredith told me about the time you screamed "You killed my baby" at Cristina during Zola's birthday party, which, that by itself is a deal breaker, but then today, literally three hours ago, you were trying to prevent a woman from exercising her right to choose because you were pissed at me, and it's like not only is that a deal breaker, you should also lose your medical license. Shit Meredith lost her license for less. I hope whatever natural disaster befalls Seattle at the end of this season claims your life.

TheMilkman

Banned
Aug 30, 2019
Yeah for real Owen has been on some other shit since the beginning. And for some reason the writers thought it would be great to pair him first with my all time favorite character (Yang), then with my second (Amy).

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i know there's no point in nit picking the characters's schedules or trying to apply real world logic to it, but it's soooo funny to me that grey-sloane's chief of cardio and chief of neuro can apparently just... like... leave work in the middle of the day in a flight of fancy, which is already on top of them losing their chief of pediatric surgery and chief of general surgery and chief of trauma (though i guess teddie does that now?)

every other hospital is a hell hole, but grey sloane is such a well oiled machine it literally doesn't need doctors to run

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Amelia at least was planning to go to Owen, so she must have been off work. It is the middle of the day, but they are doing shift work, so it could easily be before or after the shift.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah yesterday's episode was rather good. Trial went just about as expected. Meredith going off on the doctor that got Derek killed was great. Guy was shook

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
What a fun episode. This had some Big Series Finale Energy if it hadn't been for the last, what, five or so minutes at the house and resident room. Speaking of, looks like the Resident LGBT Alliance is fractured, but maybe that means they'll actually get storylines and... just, like, regular lines?

(Also lol @ the return of the "Mediocre Man Meredith Is Banging Is Too Intimidated By How Smart and How Much Better Of A Surgeon She Is Than Him" storyline. Meredith! Find you a better man!)

It's so funny that, at the hearing of whether she should lose her medical license because she broke the rules, that they won by... breaking the rules. Too bad they didn't have any of her former normal person patients show up and be like "wait why is the doctor who saves lives losing her license because she saved a life? shouldn't we be punishing health insurance companies for being scams that don't produce anything or provide an actual service to the people instead of the doctor who has actual skills?"

Meredith going off on the doctor that got Derek killed was great. Guy was shook

Finally Meredith's curse energy is working for her!

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The best thing was Amelia coming back happy that he died.

(Also lol @ the return of the "Mediocre Man Meredith Is Banging Is Too Intimidated By How Smart and How Much Better Of A Surgeon She Is Than Him" storyline. Meredith! Find you a better man!)

It is especially asshole-ish because he knows that even for Derek, she wasn't willing to put her career to the side. And he was the best brain surgeon in the US.

TheMilkman

Banned
Aug 30, 2019
It's so funny that, at the hearing of whether she should lose her medical license because she broke the rules, that they won by... breaking the rules.
Man, I love Met, but fucking this. I'll repeat what I said before, Met needs an actual kick in the ass. Break the fucking cutie hard type shit

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Not liking the Amelia twist. Her and Link are so good why do they have to fuck that up. It's also a fucking CRIME if Koracick ends up alone. Dudes a freakin gem and it really sucks that Teddy isn't with him.

It's nice how they have Crisitina in the plot even though she's not actually there.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
in that first scene with Cristina's Gift I was like "what is that voice supposed to be?" and it wasn't until they were in the scan room that I picked up on his accent and was like "Oh Cristina sent him here to get pegged by Meredith"

Who's life do we think will be claimed by this midseason finale? I'm thinking if it's anyone it'll be Dr Kim because he's been such a non-entity this season. It probably won't be the Station 19 characters (although it would be funny if the old dude bit it, Grey's Anatomy is where Station 19 characters come To Die), and I feel like they won't kill off any of the actual named Interns because there's only three left and they're all in the LGBT community.

Lol @ the intern at the other hospital being like "Yeah I don't know who Catherine Fox is" and Catherine being like "We literally own a third of the hospitals in the country" and him being like "Do you own this one?"

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
Owen: And it turns out it's not that you never wanted to have kids, it's that you didn't want to have them with me.
Amelia, if she was being honest: Yes. You are absolutely terrible, Meredith told me about the time you screamed "You killed my baby" at Cristina during Zola's birthday party, which, that by itself is a deal breaker, but then today, literally three hours ago, you were trying to prevent a woman from exercising her right to choose because you were pissed at me, and it's like not only is that a deal breaker, you should also lose your medical license. Shit Meredith lost her license for less. I hope whatever natural disaster befalls Seattle at the end of this season claims your life.
Owen consistently being the worst since season 5.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Who's life do we think will be claimed by this midseason finale? I'm thinking if it's anyone it'll be Dr Kim because he's been such a non-entity this season. It probably won't be the Station 19 characters (although it would be funny if the old dude bit it, Grey's Anatomy is where Station 19 characters come To Die), and I feel like they won't kill off any of the actual named Interns because there's only three left and they're all in the LGBT community.
Dr. Kim makes sense. It looked like the car came crashing down from the side where he and Schmidt were seated.

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
Justin Chambers, the actor behind Alex Karev, will depart during the Shonda Rhimes-produced medical drama's current 16th season after an impressive 15-year run with the series. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Chambers' final episode has already aired — the Nov. 15 installment that saw Alex step in to help save Meredith's (Ellen Pompeo) career.

This is seriously disappointing. I don't even see how this is going to make sense with the Pac North storyline going on right now.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That screams behind the scenes shennanigans, right? One of the originals leaving in the middle of a story.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
That screams behind the scenes shennanigans, right? One of the originals leaving in the middle of a story.

Yeah, between Jo's Mental Health Crisis and The Entire Pac North Storyline, it's super weird that he won't even get like an actual send off (unless he dies in the car crash that happened during the midseason finale), and it'd be even weirder if it's just like "Oh Alex still exists in Seattle and is still married to Jo he's just off screen the whole time"

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is funny how they managed to 'surprise' me by having two new people that are apparantly already four years on the show. That Brody girl is already there since DiLuca started.

As for Karev, seems like Chambers checked into a mental health clinic.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i don't know if chandra wilson was sick or if if bailey's hoarseness was Acting, but it really worked

I kept wondering if Brody was a Station 19 character lol

As for Karev, seems like Chambers checked into a mental health clinic.

i wonder if they're gonna try to wait it out and have Alex Stay With His Mom or if they're going to kill him off. when all the surgeries were done at the 30 minute mark i was like RIP Alex.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess that's how they end the pac-north stuff. She's just gonna outright buyout the hospital lmao. They're making her turn out to be extremely spiteful and petty.

Also all these Station 19 crossovers need to fucking stop already.

Disappointing that I have to fast forward through the episodes as of late. I swear I'm this close to dropping the show altogether

OP
OP
Soda

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Karev being gone is so sad. He was honestly my favorite character. Pretty bummed about that. Also bummed the dream of the show transitioning primarily to Pac-North instead of Grey-Sloan seems dead given Catherine buying it out eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
I literally just came back this season to watch mainly for Alex and Jo but the second his exit was announced I had zero interest in watching anymore

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
That was a seriously unsatisfying end to the Pac North storyline.

And on Station 19, I was very surprised by
Brenda Song's character coming back and saying she is pregnant with Dean's baby.
I'm interested to see where that story goes.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
They're doing Karev so fuckin dirty goddamn. Alluding to a divorce storyline, are you serious? I swear every time Alex and Jo reach a happy place they just decide to sink it down rock bottom. Permanently this time it seems :(

I heard the actor checked into a mental hospital but is there any source to that? Or else it would really lead to credence the behind-the-scenes drama since Pompeo once said if you're nice, you get a good exit if not you get a bad ending.

Also some Station 19 cross-over AGAIN!? get out of here

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, so mean from the board member doctors.

And on Station 19, I was very surprised by
Brenda Song's character coming back and saying she is pregnant with Dean's baby.
I'm interested to see where that story goes.

It is fun to see, and Dean-Maggie wasn't interesting.

That was a seriously unsatisfying end to the Pac North storyline.

Indeed, I wonder if they cut it short because of Karev. But I hope it leaves to a definitive break-up between Richard and Catherine. She doesn't deserve him.

I heard the actor checked into a mental hospital but is there any source to that? Or else it would really lead to credence the behind-the-scenes drama since Pompeo once said if you're nice, you get a good exit if not you get a bad ending.

I think it is more that he needed to leave too abrupt to get a good story. If he checked into a mental hospital, it is more likely he was gone before they could actually write the story.

Also some Station 19 cross-over AGAIN!? get out of here

A shared patient, that is not something to complain about.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I didn't watch yesterdays episode but I've heard it wasn't very good. I hate to say it but I think I'm done with the show - I've watched since the beginning but S16 has been all over the place and with Karev leaving and not being explained properly in the show, I'm good.

TheMilkman

Banned
Aug 30, 2019
Caught up. Holy shit at the Karrev story. Like others have said, they doing my man dirty.

Oooh Catherine is also dirty. You gonna buy a whole hospital to teach one man a lesson? Damn

Glad Avery apologized to Mags.

Amy is wrong with how she's stringing Link and Owen's over-emotional-ass along. That said, every since the intervention in PP, I'm ride or die Amy. Still damn girl

And there are cracks in the Mere-Luca relationship? Glad to see it

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i like perez, him saying "goodnight doctor bailey, you're an icon" as he leaves work early is the most relatable anyone on this show has been in years

i wonder if they're gonna keep stringing the alex stuff along to see if justin chambers comes back after he gets out of the psych ward or if they're gonna pull the trigger and have him be dead or something.

Last edited:

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
With how shit is going I'd rather Karev have been killed off-screen at this point. Doesn't completely ruin his character at least.

Odds are low but I'm kinda hoping Deluca dies next week too but that doesn't seem likely. End this stupid relationship already

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
DeLuca is important to keep around, so they can do the mania storyline with him. But the new McDreamy is clearly there for Mer.
I hope they string along the Alex story and that Justin comes back.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
More sinking of the Deluca and Meredith ship yes yes yesssssssss! Koracick and Teddy was great and I really hope that comes back. Hopefully they don't pair Linc with Jo now that Karev is gone.

Next episode is farewell to Karev. I really hope they don't just have him abandon everyone that's way too out of character

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Karev: Gone.
Deluca: Losing his hands to frostbite
Webber: Losing his hands to Parkinsons
Koracick: Sad that none of the other doctors like him
Kim: Still sucks, remember when he was in like three episodes of Insatiable and had more personality in that than he's shown over a season and a half of Grery's?

The women of Grey's Anatomy stay winning

More sinking of the Deluca and Meredith ship yes yes yesssssssss! Koracick and Teddy was great and I really hope that comes back. Hopefully they don't pair Linc with Jo now that Karev is gone.

yeah i want them to stay platonic

Oct 27, 2017
I don't fully understand how Grey's is still going. Like, all your best characters are either gone/dead or leaving. Can't we just have a final, reunion-like episode with Christina, Izzie, Karev and Meredith and like wrap everything up? The only "new" arc I'd like to see finished is Nico/Levi, but other than that, just wrap this shit up.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable. You know you fucked up when everyone wishes the character had been killed off instead.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wait do Alex is actually back for one more episode tonight? I think I've missed the last two-three episodes starting with the dinner party one. Did I miss anything? I kind of don't feel like watching them lol

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Wait do Alex is actually back for one more episode tonight? I think I've missed the last two-three episodes starting with the dinner party one. Did I miss anything? I kind of don't feel like watching them lol
Show is garbage right now. Actor gave a voice-over reading some letters for his goodbye.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
This was awful and killed Karevs character. The most annoying part is that it wouldn't have been THAT hard to shift this into being a bit less character assassiney.

I can buy he found out Izzy had his kids. I can buy that he can't bare to be without them anymore, that being a long distance dad isn't good enough and he needs to be in their lives. Thus he has to move and leave Seattle.

Where I can't buy it is his handling of Jo. He can pick his kids over her in a horrible, heartbreaking decision. He doesn't get to pick Izzy over her though.

All he had to do was ask Jo to come with him. Tell her he has to go, he'll understand if she can't leave her life after having a home and stability for the first time in her life, but he has to go. She can say no. Maybe in time him and Izzy reconnect and get back together. You can literally end up in the same place. But Alex respects his wife enough to give her a choice. She comes out of this with some agency.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I mean with the situation they were given this is better than a lot of possibilities.

Wonder if they had these voice recordings banked from when he told them he'd quit.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Read the spoilers for last nights episode and just...wow. This season has just been wild and I'm happy I stopped watching for good a few episodes ago.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I mean with the situation they were given this is better than a lot of possibilities.

Wonder if they had these voice recordings banked from when he told them he'd quit.
Nah I'm pretty sure this is one of the worst things they could have done to his character. They could easily have framed it abit differently and it would have been much much better. Like the letters and the end result that he left to be with his kids is not the worst sure but the way he says he still loves Izzie and shit is a no-go.

Last edited: