• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I did 3 screenshots on my iphone XR in the 3 different modes
Graphics mode
2019-09-12.jpg

Performance Mode
2019-09-12.jpg

energy saver mode
2019-09-12.jpg

looks like in Graphics mode there is motion blur, AO, and real time shadows, better textures
Performance mode blur is turned off, retains AO and realtime shadows
Energy saver no real time shadows noAO and no motion blur
I guess performance mode on Switch is just energy saver mode with an unlocked framerate from the phone version then,
and energy saver mode the same with a 30 fps cap ,
from what i've seen of the Switch footage.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if its known but if you use a gamecube controller you get analogue gas and brakes using the triggers.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah this was already day 1 since announcement. a pity it's digital only. This game is shaping up to be one of those Switch masterpieces i want to own physical.

High-Res Car Textures Pack Details.
OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017

Thanks! :D

Here's the quote about the texture pack:

The High Res Car Textures pack will be available when the game is released. It's approx 3GB and you'll be able to download it for free. It sharpens the textures on all car models, in all three of our optimisation modes. Specifically, you'll see a nicer paint job and much sharper decals, especially when you get close up. Check it out when it's available, we (genuinely) want to hear what you think.

On a physical release:

Yes, we would like to do a physical version in the future, but the initial launch will be digital only.

Last edited:

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
The texture pack only made sense sense if they were targeting a packaged release eventually. Wonder when that'll happen.

No timeline on the multiplayer is pretty disappointing.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
They also teased that they have further projects after Alien Isolation and Bioshock is not one of them.

Wonder what could it be? I want Dirt 4 and its awesome track generator!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
This was nowhere on my radar but I have to admit the Switch port looks amazing.

I'll wait for some reviews, though. No online at launch is a bummer, too.

Still, I'm sure it will be better than Gear.Club Unlimited. lol

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
Looks gorgeous!
I dont enjoy Rise very much but I NEED a racer on Switch, I will give it a chance.

Is this download only or is physical available?

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Wonder how this will compare to the iOS version, and if it will be worth it for those of us who own it on good hardware.

When you consider the power and display quality of Apple's latest devices, along with iOS 13's native PS4/Xbox controller support, this becomes a bit of a harder sell. I'd still love to have a proper racer on the Switch, but I just revisited the game on the latest generation iPad Pro and XS Max, using an Xbox One controller (which has proper analog triggers VS the Joy-Con/Pro Controller) and I have the feeling it's the same (or better) experience.

That being said, the Switch is still a more portable solution, as you don't need a separate controller, but I play my Switch at home 99% of the time. It also feels different having a game on a proper console rather than a mobile device, for whatever reason.

I'll probably still pick this up to support it.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
I assume this wont be getting an official OT and this thread will be used to share impressions of the game when it's out. Already prepurchased and looking forward to it unlocking in a few hours.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Codemasters making an effort on Nintendo hardware is unexpected. It looks really good and I'm definitely interested.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
For people who has played this in other console... how is the vehicle dynamics?
Does it lean more toward race sim or arcade? I saw suspension tuning which is something I loved about the GT series.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Just waiting for impressions. It looks real nice.
There are already some vids on YouTube. The looks of the game, the fact that it's 1080/720, the amount of content and options, I'm *this close* to bite.

For people who has played this in other console... how is the vehicle dynamics?
Does it lean more toward race sim or arcade? I saw suspension tuning which is something I loved about the GT series.
It's supposed to be a simulation, but you can tweak the difficulty to make it more arcadey

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
This is looking extremely good, there's a number of YouTube videos praising it. My only criticism, based on what I've read and seen, is that there isn't a physical release (yet).

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone remotely interested in this kind of game on Switch should pick it up - they really put alot of effort into it.

joesiv

Banned
Feb 9, 2018
I might pick this up... I can't believe a nintendo system is going to get a decent simmie racer?

Has nintendo broken their 3rd party stigma?

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Switch Up is fast becoming my favorite review place for Switch. Their video reviews are fair and we'll produced

Tired of talking head YouTubers and their reviews of games and their sometimes smug admission and begging for review codes.

Based on this video I agree, I've now subscribed to SwitchUp and plan to look at some of their other reviews.

Sep 15, 2019
Really tempted to pick this up but I don't have a Gamecube controller setup for my Switch and definitely want to play this with analog triggers.

Does the Switch support the Wii-U Gamecube dongle from Smash?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Based on this video I agree, I've now subscribed to SwitchUp and plan to look at some of their other reviews.
I've been watching them since last year. They always produce great stuff. The pace has picked up now the channel has grown. I believe they used to review only stuff they bought. They do get review codes now

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'm not into racing games beyond Mario Kart and F-zero, but this looks like an amazing and the kind that fully deserves to be successful on Switch.

Previous gen ports having a 60fps mode on Switch is starting to be more and more frequent, I hope that the trend continues.

Sep 15, 2019
I think so.

Or, you can use the right analogue stick for thrust.

Not the biggest fan of that setup since I stick to cockpit view and that limits my ability to look into corners and so forth.

Might have to dig out my adapter and see if it works. The price is excellent on GRID and I've been hankering for a good racing title for the Switch that isn't Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wish every port got this much TLC put into it. Watched a comparison of the 3 graphics options and I'm blown away. Absolutely perfect for a person like me who always prefers framerate over better graphics. I wasn't interested in Grid Autosport because I'm not big on sim racing games, but if it has the ability to play more arcade-like I'm totally in.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't say I understand the confusion though. Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon. Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo Sport.

The only potentially confusing thing I see is the upcoming game they just called Grid...

It's not like Forza and Forza Motorsport are different games. Plus you just named the two biggest series in the genre. Their names hold a bit more weight. Grid should do its best to not confuse anyone.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
This looks really good and it seems like they put a lot of work into it, but I wish devs/publishers would stop with the vague "there may be a physical release possibly, someday" thing. I would be pissed if I bought this digitally and a few months later they put out a retail release.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The only downside is the release date. It's releasing at a real bad time with Link's Awakening on Friday and then DQ XI the following week.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Decided to preorder. I could use a game like this on Switch. I have the 8bitdo SNPro + controller so I will at least have analogue triggers for it.