• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
The only downside is the release date. It's releasing at a real bad time with Link's Awakening on Friday and then DQ XI the following week.

It certainly standa a chance of being drowned out by the hype over LA (and of course that Untitled Goose Game). Ori & the Blind forest also releases on the 27th.

Nevertheless, if I can scrape together the funds I'll certain be buying GRID Autosport.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The game's package screams "Buy physical!" Especially with it only supposedly being 6.4GB in size. I think I'll hold out until then when the online modes are added.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Game unlocked 2 hrs ago. The HD rumble default is very intense, lower it to 20 for a more better feel. Just having a flick through all the cups on offer, I can tell this game will take a while to complete.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
This is the first time I've been tempted by a non kart non futuristic racer on Switch. This game seems worth every penny.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Feral Interactive are amazing!
For real. And they're handling the Alien Isolation port. Alien has been my favorite movie since I was a teenager, only to just recently be bumped down to #2 by Mandy. I wasn't planning on getting the Switch version since I already have it on PC and Xbox, but now I'm interested.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I got this on PC and I highly recommend it since this is the closest to the old ToCA Race Driver games.

Interestingly enough the GRID games are the successor to the TOCA games. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOCA_(series)
The only game out of place is GRID 2 due to it's more arcade-like focus. GRID 2 feels like a total departure from the rest of the series while Race Driver: GRID and GRID Autosport are decent follow ups.

I am cautiously optimistic on GRID 2019 since it seems to lean heavily towards the original GRID.

It's good for the Switch to get a quality racing game that isn't a kart racer or mobile port. GRID Autosport will be the first semi-sim racer of it's kind available on the Switch. The only thing that would make it even better is if there was a quality racing wheel available for docked users. I don't have that particular problem since I own the PC release but the option would be nice for those that opt to buy the Switch release.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Well against my better judgement I pre-purchased. I feel like I gotta show them support for such an impressive port.

Now time to juggle this, Zelda, and Daemon x Machina...

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Impressive. Is it 1080p docked in both graphics and performance mode?
even with the graphics pack installed? that's pretty impressive

so the optional sharper-textures(?) pack is really just to save space

I agree it's certainly impressive, but the part I'm not sure of is what particular mode(s) the reviewer quoted the 1080p resolution on. I'm searching now. I think it was either the SwitchUp YouTube channel or Nintendo Life that said so.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only had time to play for about half an hour, but yep, this is the realistic racing game Switch people have been waiting for.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple of minutes this morning and I think I'm going the PS1/2 route and map the gas and brake to the face buttons instead.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't tell any difference on the youtube video LOL. I guess I will pass on the HD pack just to save memory space.

It's not easy to see subtle differences on YouTube videos due to the compression. Having said that, the HD textures did look a bit better. The linked video wasn't a great demonstration really, there's better examples on YouTube.

Oct 27, 2017
It speaks for the general quality of Switch ports if people are impressed that a game looks the same on Switch as it did on its decades old PS360 counterparts.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I'd argue that the game looks and runs better than it did on the old gen consoles.

The PS3 and 360 versions were 720p and 30fps no? 1080p 30fps graphics mode is already a nice bump. Hell are the default textures the same as those versions? I wonder if the HD textures were PC-specific. I dunno, just a guess.

Apr 9, 2019
Played quite a bit already, I definitely prefer performance mode. It's a relief every time I switch to it. Graphics do look a tad more plain that way, but not too much. It's not a steady 60FPS though, esp. during starts and tight pack racing. But it's a lot more responsive compared to quality mode.

I do have the feeling the high-res texture pack has impacted performance a bit. The difference in sharpness is notable though, and may be worth it depending on your tastes.

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who vastly prefers Forza Horizons more relaxed handling model to Forza Motorsports, will I enjoy this game?

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Looking good.

I assume this game has online multi?

It's in development, as well as two player split screen. Not a great loss for me as I usually play single player but it would be nice to have for those who love online racing. Don't let the multiplayer absence put you off the game though, it's a very fine port indeed.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
The PS3 and 360 versions were 720p and 30fps no? 1080p 30fps graphics mode is already a nice bump. Hell are the default textures the same as those versions? I wonder if the HD textures were PC-specific. I dunno, just a guess.

On top of resolution, some settings are pushed a bit higher than consoles, plus that version suffered from frequent frame drops (especially on PS3).

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
It speaks for the general quality of Switch ports if people are impressed that a game looks the same on Switch as it did on its decades old PS360 counterparts.

The majority of Switch ports that get questioned are games that don't look as good as PS4/Xbox One games due to a bit of blurryness linked to the lower resolution etc.

The vast majority of ports from the previous generation are as good or superior as to what came before including this game.

Oct 27, 2017
They should have made the Performance mode 900p to make it a stable 60fps with some more eye candy.
But overall great game/port.

itsmedave

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Buying in hopes that it sells well enough for us to get F1 2020 next year. Career mode on the go would be amazing