• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
This game is more difficult than I thought it would be. I easily blitz Expert on Forza but in this game, am struggling to place top 3 in just professional. Feels like the AI cars are much faster than me.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
With all the modes, the hd texture pack etc, we need df to take a look on this. Would be interesting to see vs previous gen consoles.

nikatapi

Jan 11, 2018
Game looks and plays great. Really happy to have such a racing game on the Switch.
The quality of the port is reassuring for Alien:Isolation which is also developed by the same company.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If I get an offer from any of the interviews I had last week, this is the first thing I'm grabbing. I would get it now, but my Nintendo Online subscription renewed erroneously and burned through too much of my spare eshop credit. Good news is I now have a sub until September of 2021.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
With all the modes, the hd texture pack etc, we need df to take a look on this. Would be interesting to see vs previous gen consoles.
I'll go to storage shed and see if I even still have the 360 version lol. I'll do my best, if I have it still, to make a video comparing them. Doing the capture is super easy. Editing it to compare them, that's just not my thing at all lol. It'll be a learning experience for me.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd argue that the game looks and runs better than it did on the old gen consoles.

That's what I mean. That's the bare minimum that should be expected from such an old game on the Switch.

And man, after seeing this game again I really hope the new Grid sticks the landing. They certainly lost something after Race Driver Grid.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Hope someone can answer me.

IS this game more GT\GT Sport or more Driveclub? Gameplay-wise!

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping Digital Foundry gives it a thorough analysis. I would think Dark1x would be salivating over this.

Digital Foundry's been slacking in their Switch content lately. They still never did Fire Emblem Three Houses did they?

They need to do:

- Spyro Reignited Trilogy
- Grid Autosport
- Daemon X Machina (the content ID thing got fixed sooo...)
- Like, all of Square-Enix's JRPG ports (FFX/X2/XII/Last Remnant/WOFF Maxima)

And I'm still waiting for them to look at the current final build of Pokken Tournament DX. They only did the E3 build. :/ They need to do missing stuff in quick articles if vids are too taxing.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Digital Foundry's been slacking in their Switch content lately. They still never did Fire Emblem Three Houses did they?

They need to do:

- Grid Autosport

And I'm still waiting for them to look at the current final build of Pokken Tournament DX. They only did the E3 build. :/ They need to do missing stuff in quick articles if vids are too taxing.
They touched on FF XII and X here:

I think the ship has sailed on Pokken. Personally, I'm happy with that port. The demo was blurry as hell, but the full release looks great.

I was surprised to see them pass over Spyro. ContraNetwork has a framerate analysis up, but I won't give that pirate any views.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
They touched on FF XII and X here:

I think the ship has sailed on Pokken. Personally, I'm happy with that port. The demo was blurry as hell, but the full release looks great.

I was surprised to see them pass over Spyro. ContraNetwork has a framerate analysis up, but I won't give that pirate any views.

Oh? Pokken's cleaer in the final build? Maybe they did bump the res from 720p docked after all.

If only there was a group of people who could verify this! ;)

BTW, don't suppose you could snap a 1080p comparison of the Pokken demo vs the final game could you? :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Oh? Pokken's cleaer in the final build? Maybe they did bump the res from 720p docked after all.

If only there was a group of people who could verify this! ;)

BTW, don't suppose you could snap a 1080p comparison of the Pokken demo vs the final game could you? :)
Here's an album from the full game: https://imgur.com/a/3zg7NJk

Aegislash match is handheld. Chandalure is docked. First time I've ever played it docked. I definitely prefer it in handheld. Looks kinda rough on my 4k TV. My Switch is also a dedicated handheld. I only have a dock set up for Jackbox.

I don't have enough space to download the demo right now. My card stays full. I did a count earlier today and I have about 220 games on the platform. Really need to upgrade from my 400gb card, but I've been out of the job since May and funds are probably going to be too tight for it to happen in 2019.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

They need to do:

- Grid Autosport

Vgtech did Reignited trilogy which gave the general performance (solid frame rate, terrible frame pacing). DF did do FF10/FF12 though.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's still pricey for something that's five years old but the game was always great (and stupidly never released on the PS4/XO). Feral have clearly put in a lot of love and effort into this as well so I'll make an exception and get it.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
This game LOOKS way better than I expected... and plays great too...
There are so many options to customize your experience it's great!
when I get home I'll try playing on a TV and download the texture pack...

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Does this game have any online features? One review I saw said it has none, but metacritic says it has online challenges.

Could someone please clarify? I don't really care about pvp racing, I just want online leaderboards so my friends and I can compete for best times.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Only put an hour into it and it's already by quite a distance the best handheld racer I've played. Nothing even comes close really. Looks and plays great.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It speaks for the general quality of Switch ports if people are impressed that a game looks the same on Switch as it did on its decades old PS360 counterparts.

It depends on how good looking the game originally was and on how represented the genre is on the platform. The Switch doesn't tend to get realistic AAA games, so take the best ones from last gen, spruce up the visuals, and it's probably going to look really good. Imagine The Last of Us, Uncharted 3 or Grand Theft Auto V. Hell, GTA V is the most popular game on PS4 and Xbox One and it's an enhanced port of a last-gen game. GRID's competition on Switch is made up of three games with much lower budgets. I wouldn't say it necessarily looks "impressive" based on what the Switch could theoretically pull off, but there are no other AAA realistic racing games on Switch, so let's say it looks refreshingly solid.

The amount and variety of content also helps in making it impressive. It's a big game with polished visuals.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Does this game have any online features? One review I saw said it has none, but metacritic says it has online challenges.

Could someone please clarify? I don't really care about pvp racing, I just want online leaderboards so my friends and I can compete for best times.
I've heard that they will be patching in online later this year. I need to double check though.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
I'm dumbstruck by the looks of this game. Played it years ago, loved it, and holy shit, this looks so amazing on Switch, that's almost hard to believe the Switch can deliver these gfx. Major kudos for Feral. They did an amazing job.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
It depends on how good looking the game originally was and on how represented the genre is on the platform. The Switch doesn't tend to get realistic AAA games, so take the best ones from last gen, spruce up the visuals, and it's probably going to look really good. Imagine The Last of Us, Uncharted 3 or Grand Theft Auto V. Hell, GTA V is the most popular game on PS4 and Xbox One and it's an enhanced port of a last-gen game. GRID's competition on Switch is made up of three games with much lower budgets. I wouldn't say it necessarily looks "impressive" based on what the Switch could theoretically pull off, but there are no other AAA realistic racing games on Switch, so let's say it looks refreshingly solid.

The amount and variety of content also helps in making it impressive. It's a big game with polished visuals.
not to mention we're glad that it doesn't look worse

it also might perform better as well in higher resolutions... It's better than the old versions for sure.

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Where does this fit on a spectrum of Need for Speed to Gran Turismo in terms of gameplay style? I'd really love to play a good racer on the Switch but I have always perferred NFS/Burnout style over GT.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
The games plays great and I am loving every minute of it. it's been a long time since I stay up till 2am for a game, but is there a bug where all other driver disappear during replay? It appears I am racing against a computer controlled S2000 since there were no driver in it... wtf?