• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Do you have a capable PC? If so you could buy it on Steam, give it a try for 2 hours, then have it refunded.

I did think about that but unfortunately I don't. Guess I'll look up some more impressions and such because, yeah, I really do want a non-kart racing game on Switch lol

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
That $10 iOS port definitely makes it harder for me to care about this until a sale.

I would probably be more understanding if there was a physical copy. Seems unfair that buttons means 3x the price.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. What kind of assist options are there? In FH I tend to have most of the driving assists on bar the stuff that practically drives the car for you, and the driving line I have on for when I need to break. Also would you say it's more similar to Gran Turismo or Forza Horizon? I do have GT: Sport but I just can't get into it in the same way I did with Horizon.
I just recorded a quick race from my iPhone XS Max and you'll get the idea of how it looks mobile platform wise. It's not as sim as GT and it's not as arcade as Horizon.

Don't judge the quality by my skills, or lack thereof lol. I had to set up a quick capture and the input lag on the screen was horrible. This isn't in the game, it was the monitor I threw it up on.

Last edited:

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Took them long enough to release some real footage and not some quick cut trailer mess like before.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Feral Interactive posted this one the day before, it really looks good. Some of the footage looks too fluid for 30 fps or is it just youtube ? Three graphics / performance modes , all kinds of control schemes ...

Feral's pro-racers have clocked the demand for trackside racing footage, and responded with a gameplay video of GRID™ Autosport on Nintendo Switch.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Preloaded the day it was available. So hyped for both this and the full GRID coming out mid next month. Gonna be some great racing.

Ritoo

Jun 5, 2018

Its gonna be available resolution pack upgrade for download for better graphics! Good job.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Its gonna be available resolution pack upgrade for download for better graphics! Good job.

Dang, this looks MUCH better than iOS version running on my iPhone X. I don't think iOS version is stable 30fps either.

Feral needs to port Dirt 4 to Switch. Currently I'm playing it on Game Pass but I'd gladly pay full $60 price if there's a Switch version like this. Dirt series more arcadey than Grid and that's what I'm looking for on Switch.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Dang, this looks MUCH better than iOS version running on my iPhone X. I don't think iOS version is stable 30fps either.

Feral needs to port Dirt 4 to Switch. Currently I'm playing it on Game Pass but I'd gladly pay full $60 price if there's a Switch version like this. Dirt series more arcadey than Grid and that's what I'm looking for on Switch.
maybe this game is a test
Edit:but in a good way

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
yeha that video doesn't really look right... besides doubled framerate I cant telll a difference ... probably due to compression
Reflections on the car are the biggest difference, but given I'd be playing in-car or bumper cam anyway, I doubt I'd notice.

Looks like a solid port, and I need a goddamn decent (or any) racer on the Switch. Right now my only option is (I shit you not) playing MSR via a Dreamcast emulator.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
Reflections on the car are the biggest difference, but given I'd be playing in-car or bumper cam anyway, I doubt I'd notice.

Looks like a solid port, and I need a goddamn decent (or any) racer on the Switch. Right now my only option is (I shit you not) playing MSR via a Dreamcast emulator.
I've been dying for a sim racer ever since GT5
not that there haven't been any good ones cause there have been... I just don't have the means to play them
so glad this is coming to switch

Dec 23, 2017
This will be my first racing sim ever. I usually am more of a real time damage arcade racer type guy. Can someone sell me on racing sims? What makes them great... what is the best way to enjoy them? Not sure what I'm getting myself into.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
This will be my first racing sim ever. I usually am more of a real time damage arcade racer type guy. Can someone sell me on racing sims? What makes them great... what is the best way to enjoy them? Not sure what I'm getting myself into.
I feel like this isn't strictly a sim game. Check out some of the videos posted, it can still be very arcadey .

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
I just recorded a quick race from my iPhone XS Max and you'll get the idea of how it looks mobile platform wise. It's not as sim as GT and it's not as arcade as Horizon.

Don't judge the quality by my skills, or lack thereof lol. I had to set up a quick capture and the input lag on the screen was horrible. This isn't in the game, it was the monitor I threw it up on.

Looks basically identical to docked to me. Even a bit smoother. Not sure if it was the capture or actual judder, but the comparison video on Switch looked a little off in quality mode. The docked only gameplay looked better though.

The only bummer is that performance doesn't lock to 60fps in performance mode. I'm guessing a lot of the other races get close to that since a city race is bound to be one of the more taxing events.

Edit: Second bigger bummer is no multiplayer at launch. Maybe they'll put it on sale then as well.

Last edited:

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like this isn't strictly a sim game. Check out some of the videos posted, it can still be very arcadey .
Have they dramatically changed this from the original release then? Not to say this isn't arcade, but the original release definitely one of the most simcade racers out there. If anything it's the strangest choice of a GRID game for the Switch by quite a long way.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I did 3 screenshots on my iphone XR in the 3 different modes
Graphics mode
2019-09-12.jpg

Performance Mode
2019-09-12.jpg

energy saver mode
2019-09-12.jpg

looks like in Graphics mode there is motion blur, AO, and real time shadows, better textures
Performance mode blur is turned off, retains AO and realtime shadows
Energy saver no real time shadows noAO and no motion blur

Last edited:

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
They have confirmed that iOS and Switch versions are completely different builds. Switch version was ported directly from PC and iOS version uses iPhone 7 as the base.
yes

Just seeing what kind of changes were made to the different modes...As well as comparisons between versions. I am fully aware that they have stated the switch version is based on the PC version.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
No multiplayer at all?

But will they be adding it?
Yes. They said they're working on it now and it will be added in a patch. I rather that then them delay the game even more to be honest. There is a LOT of content in Grid Autosport and it's not even launching at full price so I can deal with that coming after the release.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. They said they're working on it now and it will be added in a patch. I rather that then them delay the game even more to be honest. There is a LOT of content in Grid Autosport and it's not even launching at full price so I can deal with that coming after the release.

I imagine they are releasing on the 19th so they're at the top of the eShop for all the new Lite owners on the 20th.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Game is looking damn good. I can't wait to play it. Hopefully it paves the way for Nintendo bringing us more sim racers on the Switch.