• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Outside Perth Scotland
Grimes is like audio nyquill man

Btw it's still hilarious to see people on gaming forums go "who?????" Whenever a famous person does a gaming related thing, lololol

I know. Some of them seem to believe it makes them look all superior by rushing into a celebrity thread and loudly proclaiming their ignorance. On the internet. Where search engines exist.

Anyway, I hope Grimes is doing the soundtrack. Haven't liked everything she's done but she's put out some really good stuff. Idles next please Kojima.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone topped Venus Fly for coolest Music Video ever?

Also, the slowed down version of the song at the end is a SLEIGH.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
how can a cutscene trailer that shows absolutely no gameplay and only shows the premise of a story make it be better than whole games?

Cuz it's Kojima.

You wouldn't understand. There were so much themes, memes and dreams in that trailer that it breathed new life into this stale, pathetic medium we have a forum for.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Jordon Vogt-Roberts, Film Director for Kong: Skull Island met him too.

...do we a thread for him visiting aswell?

And Emily V Gordon and Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick)...

3 new threads for more celebrities who met Kojima?!

Norman Reedus and Guillermo del Toro visited him as well oh em gee

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cuz it's Kojima.

You wouldn't understand. There were so much themes, memes and dreams in that trailer that it breathed new life into this stale, pathetic medium we have a forum for.
if anything statements like that show how easily some people are impressed, and how little respect they have for a medium they claim to love if something gets labeled "amazeballs" simply because it resembles a hollywood movie with a hollywood actor.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if anything statements like that show how easily some people are impressed, and how little respect they have for a medium they claim to love if something gets labeled "amazeballs" simply because it resembles a hollywood movie with a hollywood actor.

omg TEA!

Let that poster know the truth!

Kojima isn't that special, its just typical Hollywood stuff in games

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grimes named an album with a Dune reference so she'll always be cool with me.

This also applies to St Vincent w/Arrested Development.

It's a rule I have.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
The who now? That's not Stefanie Joosten! Never heard of Grimes and neither have my friends.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Adjective: interesting, intriguing, original
Something you can't say about most games.

You said only Kojima can do something interesting in gaming.

You mean to say that games are not interesting except every 3-5 years when Kojima drops down from his holy plinth to to give us a glimpse into his sanctum of his amazeballs?

Interesting, Intriging and Original games are plentiful.

I don't know, bruh. Maybe you just been playing some bad games lately.

Also, Death Stranding has no gameplay shown yet. How can it be an "Interesting, Intriging and Original" GAME if we ain't seen GAMEPLAY yet?

What if Death Stranding came out and it was just a Cover-Based Shooter like The Order 1886 was?

Would you be ashamed of your words and deeds or still be like "KOJIMA DA GAWD!"?

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
exactly. me if i find out instead of working on a new album she's been working on music for the new kojima b movie

giphy2stsyt.gif

I'd rather it be another b movie then whatever kind of games you're into.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kojima and Grimes are fans of each other's works and yet fans in here are just shitting on the other.
:(

Oct 27, 2017
omg TEA!

Let that poster know the truth!

Kojima isn't that special, its just typical Hollywood stuff in games
That's why some people want him to make movies? Because they think the movie industry also sucks and he would bring a breath of fresh air into the medium.
It's funny how I'm seen as the bad guy when every DS thread is filled with smug "critics". And yeah, I know how DS is going to play because Kojima explained it already a year ago.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like the songs i've listened so far but there's definitely something cool about her.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Grimes is awesome. On a side note, she has a song about Dark Souls that will be on her album.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's why some people want him to make movies? Because they think the movie industry sucks alsi and he would bring a breath of fresh air into the medium.
It's funny how I'm seen as the bad guy when every DS thread is filled with smug "critics". And yeah, I know how DS is going to play because Kojima explained it already.

We get good films every year, a lot more interesting than Kojima's Output of late.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's why some people want him to make movies? Because they think the movie industry also sucks and he would bring a breath of fresh air into the medium.
It's funny how I'm seen as the bad guy when every DS thread is filled with smug "critics". And yeah, I know how DS is going to play because Kojima explained it already a year ago.
wow, so cinema too needs kojima to get a breath of fresh air?!

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
let's be honest if kojima asked me to be on death stranding i'd probably decline

but i'm happy for her, Grimes is too cool

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I had to look up her music to figure out who she is. It's not for me, but it's cool that she's a big Kojima fan I suppose, and it might pull some more interest from fans if he tossed her a small mocap role for the game.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I love Grimes. Interest in this game would rise for me if she were involved.

Blitzhex

Jan 1, 2018
The best grimes song isn't even a grimes song.

A grimes intro/credits track in this game will be interesting.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
What she really needs to do is team up with Suda51. Kill v Maim makes for an excellent No More Heroes bossfight track.

Nov 4, 2017
Is it normal that I have never heard about this person before?

I though it might have been Rick Grimes or something, since that other dude has a role in the boring dead.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Grimes and Kojima! I hope she is doing some work on the soundtrack, but I imagine she is just visiting as a fan. Would be great if it were more than that, though.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
"DS is crazy", "Kojima is crazy", "WTF is this game" ...

Now we have Grimes + Kojima lol #dshypeintensified

giphy.gif