• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
ZLl8NyX.png

• Release Date: December 13th, 2018
  • Developer: Nomada Studio
  • Publisher: Devolver Digital
  • Platforms: Steam, GOG (PC/Mac), Nintendo Switch
  • Price: €16.99/$16.99/£14.49

Gris is a hopeful young girl lost in her own world, dealing with a painful experience in her life. Her journey through sorrow is manifested in her dress, which grants new abilities to better navigate her faded reality.
As the story unfolds, Gris will grow emotionally and see her world in a different way, revealing new paths to explore using her new abilities.

GRIS is a serene and evocative experience, free of danger, frustration or death. Players will explore a meticulously designed world brought to life with delicate art, detailed animation, and an elegant original score.
Through the game light puzzles, platforming sequences, and optional skill-based challenges will reveal themselves as more of Gris's world becomes accessible.

GRIS, more than any other game in a long time, is a painting in motion; it is a story told only through emotive imagery, conveyed through color and music. - Polygon
GRIS is the most beautiful game I've played this year. It's an effortless, ethereal kind of beauty. - Eurogamer

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I like the looks. I don't like games where your sole objective is to run and jump good. RIP. Guess I'll wait for reviews just to be sure though.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't I prepurchase this.
Is that a feature that devs have to turn on/off themselves in a storefront or is there some other procedural hurdle in the way of doing this.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Really excited.

Wish there had been a preload on Switch, but oh well!

Seems to be exactly the type of game I'm in the mood for.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Games like this really make me wish I had an oled, looks so pretty.

Also wish I hadn't jumped on the 4k train with a budget set...my plasma spoiled me with such better video processing and better contrast ratio...but was sadly 720....I can't go back to that res :/

Annnywho...still looking forward to picking this up. It's strange how so many good indies seem to be stuffed into the final weeks of 2018, too much to play and not enough time! Between this, Ashen, and Below, our cup runneth over for great indies this holiday season :)

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games like this really make me wish I had an oled, looks so pretty.
I told myself i wouldn't get a 4K TV unless it was OLED. Finally grabbed one last year when there were some good Black Friday sales. Grabbed me the LG C7P. It's glorious. I booted up that Gris trailer on the Nintendo store to see how it would look... and I can't freakin wait.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks *amazing* but looking forward to hearing how it plays before thinking of buying.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like some kind of 2D Journey without the multiplayer part and focused on experience rather than "hardcore" gameplay. I would be all over this if i had a Switch (kind of waiting on the rumoured revision next year). I wonder if it would run on my pc and if i should install Steam again...

Curious to see how it reviews.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I told myself i wouldn't get a 4K TV unless it was OLED. Finally grabbed one last year when there were some good Black Friday sales. Grabbed me the LG C7P. It's glorious. I booted up that Gris trailer on the Nintendo store to see how it would look... and I can't freakin wait.

Yeah that model is pretty much my holy grail rn for TVs lol...here's hoping more manufacturers adopt oled besides LG (I think Sony has plans to make some) so my poor ass might be able to afford one some day xD

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
This game does look nice, but i'm not convinced by the gameplay yet. From the demo videos, looks like it has some basic platforming and a lot running. I'll definitely wait for some reviews.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a great way to bookend an amazing year that started with Celeste back in January. Sign me up.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Gonna buy this tomorrow.
Anyone knows the price (PC, Europe)?

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely picking this up on Switch day one. Looks like a fantastic experience and a great way to end 2018.

LostLink

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've noticed that Spanish developers make different, artistic, and meaningful games most of the time. I'm really into these sort of games.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for the steam pricing and some reviews. I'm almost sold on the game.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
If this reviews well then I'll be all over it. Devolver has become my favorite publisher.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's only $16.99 too, thats amazing. I think this will be an easy buy during the steam winter sale next week.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
The price and the art stile make me think the game will last a couple of hours.
Happy to be proven wrong.