• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Holy shit, this feels incredibly special.

I've only played around half an hour and won't get to play anymore until tomorrow thanks to adult stuff, but WOW.

The visuals combined with the soundtrack are just...next level.

I had intense full body CHILLS from the intro alone and one other moment soon after that was just so incredibly beautiful that it happened again.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man there are some truly gorgeous moments in this game, especially later on when you're
underwater

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
CBmouTv.gif

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game in about 3-4 hours. One of the last sections dragged a bit too much for me but it really was a special experience. I managed to grasp the themes of the game without much issue but I still feel like I've missed some stuff, so I will probably come back to it later.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game in about 3-4 hours. One of the last sections dragged a bit too much for me but it really was a special experience. I managed to grasp the themes of the game without much issue but I still feel like I've missed some stuff, so I will probably come back to it later.

What is the final section? Curious to know how far I am from the end.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I keep having this strange feeling I should have explored something up here, down there, to the left side, but when I went right level continued and moved on... bot to play it again to see if there are other paths at all

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it now, took me just over 3 hours.

That was a very lovely experience, with some gorgeous visuals I won't be forgetting in a long time. Music is outstanding as well.

8/10

P.s I missed a shed load of collectibles, oh well.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
It says in the trailer that it's supposed to be a relaxing and frustration free game. So yes it's kinda like Journey.

Not really frustration free as it seems like you can't revisit previous areas. So for us completionists, if you miss one of the optional items, you can't get it later.

shinboy630

Oct 28, 2017
Just bought the game on Steam and it just crashes every time I try to launch it. Anyone else having a similar issue? Googling it has not lead me anywhere.

DoubleYou

Oct 26, 2017
Finished it in one go. Fucking hell, that was good. Never really played something like this before.

For those that have yet to play it, I highly recommend to put on your headphones. The sounddesign / music is phenomenal.

Nov 14, 2017
I asked this in the review thread, but I remember seeing this as coming to PS4 at some point. Was that true? I have a Mac so I can still play, but would prefer to do it on my PS4 (even if it's down the line). Just want to support the studio.
Same here, I would like to know if it's coming to PS4 or XB1. Otherwise I'll have to buy it on PC, it looks fucking phenomenal.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Any info on how well it runs on the Switch? Since recent indies like Dead Cells for example had some framerate issues, I'm wondering if the PC version is the way to go.

Plus, I imagine that such a gorgeous game could benefit from the higher resolutions available on PC.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Gris, rather enjoyed it. It's really pretty looking and has nice music to go along with it. Gameplay isn't anything too complicated, just like light puzzle platforming stuff. Had fun with it though. Definitely nice if you want a chill experience, and doesn't overstay its welcome.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Revolutionary Girl Utena vibes from the background art. Can't praise it enough.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
kinda stuck in the double jump platform area can't get the timing for the hold be to jump thing

Senki Dala

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
What happens if you get all the orbs? Game is beautiful btw

Same question...

I just finished the game in a 2h30 session and I've to say when the credits started to roll I yelled a big "QUOI?" (means "what" in French, btw it's 1.15am here hope neighbors didn't hear!), I was soooo surprised it was already the end. I rarely felt like this, it's like the game started to become interesting aaaaaaaand... The End. What?!

Is there a second ending or something? I feel I missed something.

The game is absolutly breathtaking visually, a pure Wonder, but God it's short... And... Empty? I mean there's almost no gameplay, no puzzle, going from left to right and from right to left... I felt I "did nothing" in this game. :/

The "meaning" of the game is also great, I loved it, but as a video game, about gameplay and "accomplishment" I feel like I broke the game, I got everything, every skills and every levels done without any effort at all. First time I ever feel like that after finishing a game.

Last edited:

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Looks so good.
The main artist behind this is Conrad Roset. Ive followed him for a long time on instagram. If you enjoy the art in this, check out his other work.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Is this good for an older person with no "gaming experience" per say?

AKA- is it easy to understand, control and play for a newbie?

There are no enemies or battling in the game you traverse the environments the game play is unique on its own. It is not dificult.

This gives me so much journey vives my god.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Any info on how well it runs on the Switch? Since recent indies like Dead Cells for example had some framerate issues, I'm wondering if the PC version is the way to go.

Plus, I imagine that such a gorgeous game could benefit from the higher resolutions available on PC.

Bumping this post for visibility. I need some Swtich impressions, still debating where to pick this game up.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Gonna pick the game up today regardless, but is this going to be best experienced as a "put aside 4 hours and play this in one go" kinda thing?

DoubleYou

Oct 26, 2017

Bumping this post for visibility. I need some Swtich impressions, still debating where to pick this game up.

I finished the game on Switch. Game looks and runs great. Havent noticed any framedrops or anything.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Can anyone let me know how it looks in handheld? I want to cuddle into my bed with my headphones and get lost.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017

Played it in portable mode and didn't notice anything wrong.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus Christ. Just played through the whole thing. What an amazing piece of art.