• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
ah man, even with grounded idk if i want to go through this game again anytime soon

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
At least you can set Permadeath for easier difficulties.

Imagine trying to do this on Grounded

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
If you're stealthy and save often, I don't imagine this will be an issue. Unless the game has a lot of insta-death moments due to the environment or QTE's (think Tomb Raider/Dead Space)? I haven't played it so I don't know.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I wouldn't want to be the person going for that Permadeath run and dying during the home stretch somehow...

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Aww I thought they had done away with difficulty-based trophies. I guess I can at least still get platinum.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao. This game is too long for me to consider a permadeath run. More power to everyone who goes for it though!

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Also something to note is the trophy description for the permadeath trophy as it suggests there will be multiple settings. I could see them doing a Permadeath setting where you only have to restart the chapter, not the entire game.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Not part of the platinum which is awesome but I can hear a faint scream from the 100% club lol

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Grounded is nice, survivor was too easy. Permadeath in a cinematic 30 hour game just sounds stupid though.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Also something to note is the trophy description for the permadeath trophy as it suggests there will be multiple settings. I could see them doing a Permadeath setting where you only have to restart the chapter, not the entire game.
It's probably Permadeath as a single toggle for any of the difficulty settings, so you could play Easy, Normal, Hard, Survivor or Grounded with Permadeath or not.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Can probably just cheese it with the accessibility options again, they let you do that for Uncharted 4.

Kinda just diminishes the challenge of it, but then those who are impaired would be locked out of unlocking it so it's a tough one.