• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

New IP by Obsidian, releasing Spring 2020 on Xbox One, multiplayer survival game where you're real tiny (shrunken). Post more info when it's live.

EDIT: lol my freudian slip, but the title is fix'd now.

---

UPDATE: Some info from The Verge: https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/14/20964550/obsidian-grounded-survival-game-microsoft-xbox-xo19
Obsidian is a studio best-known for deep, intriguing role-playing games like Fallout: New Vegas and, most recently, The Outer Worlds. But the studio's next release moves in a completely different direction. At X019 in London, Obsidian revealed Grounded, a survival game set in a suburban backyard where a group of four friends has to fend for themselves after being shrunk down to the size of an ant. "It's a little different than what you're used to seeing from Obsidian," says director Adam Brennecke.

Grounded, which is the first new property from Obsidian since the studio was acquired by Microsoft, is a four-player co-op experience that can be played in both first- and third-person. Like most survival games, you'll build a base, craft gear, gather resources, and hunt and cook food. What Obsidian hopes will make the game stand out is the setting.

The game has a very Honey, I Shrunk the Kids vibe. The four main characters were all shrunken as part of an experiment and are now forced to survive the untamed wilds that are actually a standard American suburban backyard. Seen from this new perspective, things feel very different: bugs become giant monsters, while a simple baseball is a huge structure. A patch of grass is a forest to traverse, and weedkiller turns an area into a toxic zone.

More at the link.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
cvSaLs9.png

Katzenbuckel

Aug 18, 2019
Huh Bethesda? You should change the Title!

But to be honest I am disappointed by this game being from Obsidian. We have to see.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Hard pass.

:(

EDIT: not to drive-by, I'll explain that I'm not into "survival" games and not interested all in the HISTK-like premise.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they don't run into any trouble with Disney because this screams Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a smaller side project that was probably in development before the acquisition. I expect it to be in early access and game preview for awhile.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, not sure what to feel about it. I'm interested because of Obsidian, but not too sure about survival.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Good type of game to beef up gamepass... But not exactly what I want from Obsidian.

Shortiloe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Why is everything cartoonish now? Sea of Thieves, Everwild, this one... already tired of it.

And yeah, 3-5 years too late in the Survival-Genre.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
why do i feel like this would have been amazing to have at the start of the gen......but 80 survival games later especially if you are a PC user.......man, it feels a bit late.

Kind of depressed this is the offering we get from obsidian, hoping they have more in the pipeline thats more along their RPG roots

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
A multiplayer survival game from Obsidian? Uh

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Microsoft for buying Obsidian. Seriously fuck that. Looks ugly as hell and we don't need another fucking survival craftaton game. I am actually mad at this announcement.