• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For fuck's sake HBO, just redo the final season. If they can drop $1.5 billion on fucking big bang theory reruns, they can make another, better season 8 happen. It's obvious the hate will never go away and time will not be kind to the ending. Way to kill your biggest franchise.

Why would they do that, when they're going to continue to make millions of dollars off the millions of people who are perfectly fine with the ending? Yes, plenty of people didn't like the ending, but there are millions of other people who don't write novel length rants on Reddit about how D&B are the devil incarnate for having different plot choices than some of the fandom.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they do that, when they're going to continue to make millions of dollars off the millions of people who are perfectly fine with the ending? Yes, plenty of people didn't like the ending, but there are millions of other people who don't write novel length rants on Reddit about how D&B are the devil incarnate for having different plot choices than some of the fandom.
Release the remade final season but it's the exact same and ends with Ferris Bueller asking why you're still here

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are seriously underestimating how many people hate season 8 and you also have to take in the fact that the next series will not be the must watch show since that bandwagon is long gone.

Just look at the reviews and rating for the season 8 blu rays that wont be out for another 4 months:

The people that like the ending ( the very few) are casuals that probably didn't even start watching until the final season.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how he will be able to wrap up everything in two books. If you compare how book 5 was close to the season 5 finale, that's three seasons worth of material. I know the storylines will be different compared to the tv show, but I dont see how he gets Dany rescued from the Dothraki, back to meereen, fixes the issues there, sail to Westeros, go North to Winterfell, and then back to Kings Landing all in two books. Her character arc alone will have to be very different.

Last edited:

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, this is what's called shit writing and why they are getting slammed for it. And yes her miscarriage would've meant a lot to the plot (Ex: Jaime going back to her, her ignoring Tyrion's pleas and executing Missandei, the fact that she had no baby bump at all, etc...)

Does anyone really think Cersei would listen to Tyrion either way at that point? She back stabbed the North and Dany's forces already by going back on her word to aid them against the White Walkers and killed one of Dany's dragons even before the Missandei part.

She was gonna go down with the ship no matter what at that point.

Like I don't actually think the book will have radically, completely different ending where Jaime and Brienne live happily ever after either. He's gonna die with Cersei I think and Martin told D&D that, they simply had a crap way of executing it because so much has to happen in a condensed period of time.

I think in the book, Brienne will be revealed to be pregnant with Jaime's child, the intention of which is that child will ultimately be the heir to the Lannister lineage.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You are seriously underestimating how many people hate season 8 and you also have to take in the fact that the next series will not be the must watch show since that bandwagon is long gone.

Just look at the reviews and rating for the season 8 blu rays that wont be out for another 4 months:

The people that like the ending ( the very few) are casuals that probably didn't even start watching until the final season.

Do you also think everybody hated Captain Marvel and TLJ because of RT user scores?

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I think the intention of the Brienne hooking up with Jaime is that she will get pregnant with Jaime's child and the true Lannister heir. The ending kinda conivenantly let all the major houses have an heir ... Jon is the remaining Targ, the Starks have Bran/Sansa/Arya and half Jon, Gendry is the Baratheon heir, etc. I think that's by design on GRRM's part.

It would be a bastard not a Lannister heir which is another reason why I don't think a pregnancy is happening.

Tyrion's the Lannister heir.

GRRM is not going to give Tywin what he wants which is for Jaime's lineage to rule Casterly Rock not Tyrion.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
For fuck's sake HBO, just redo the final season. If they can drop $1.5 billion on fucking big bang theory reruns, they can make another, better season 8 happen. It's obvious the hate will never go away and time will not be kind to the ending. Way to kill your biggest franchise.

It's never get to happen. You have to deal with it.

They'll remake the show decades from now.

We're not getting Emilia back as Dany or Kit back as Jon. Everyone has commitments now and are going their own way.

Are we going to recast Cersei if Lena is committed to other projects? It's just not feasible

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
You're not the only one. It was logical and interesting IMO. The guy that pushed a kid out of a window actually turns out to be a flawed person. He knows the difference between right and wrong, and tries but ultimately can't help himself. It doesn't matter what good things he does, he can't let himself live that happy life. He's addicted to the elements that caused him to push that kid out of the window in the first place. That's Jaime Lannister. Brienne cries for the person he could be, that doesn't make her weak.

See that's not Jamie though. He's often described as more Kevin then Tywin and that's pretty apt.

he's someone who despite his outward appearances is a naturally introverted kind natured person who cares about his family and trusts too easily.

He's become a ruthless killer due to his training as a warrior but as shown at the siege of river run he's not all that fond of violence.

The show never understood this and just pushed the incest angle because they loved edgy content. However Cersi was less a love and more an addiction that he kicked when free of her

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Still think Bran will be king through bodysnatching Aegon. "He has the best story" was about Aegon.

Removing him was the biggest mistake the writers did. Dany attacking KL to rule through fear only makes sense with Aegon in power, not Cersei.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Still think Bran will be king through bodysnatching Aegon. "He has the best story" was about Aegon.

Removing him was the biggest mistake the writers did. Dany attacking KL to rule through fear only makes sense with Aegon in power, not Cersei.

Would have worked with Tommen as king too. Show just had a complete love of Cersi for some reason that was far beyond her usefulness

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Okay, that's an interesting theory but it's unlikely. If Bran were to do that then it's just a pseudo-continuation of House Targaryen. I don't think there will be any side-stepping it. It's House Stark rise that we're seeing not some type of revival for House Targaryen.

GRRM even created Aegon III's story after he canceled the timeskip to justify Bran becoming king at 11 years old. He even has has an ugly, disfigured Lannister as his Hand.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be a bastard not a Lannister heir which is another reason why I don't think a pregnancy is happening.

Tyrion's the Lannister heir.

GRRM is not going to give Tywin what he wants which is for Jaime's lineage to rule Casterly Rock not Tyrion.

Isn't a bastard only a bastard if they're born out of wedlock ... and since Jaime wasn't married ... just speaking technically. I think in the broader symbolic sense it's more that the "love child" would be the embodiment of Jaime's noble side leaving behind something of himself that wasn't tied to Cersei.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
You have to accept Martin is a master with his wording. He shits on the show and says that his product will be superior without being too direct and somewhat justifying the show shittines . 10/10