Oct 26, 2017
Season 3 roster:
- SSJ4 Goku
- Super Baby Vegeta
- SSJ3 Nappa
- Super Baby Janemba Majin Babidi Controlled
- El Grande Padre
Now we're talkin'

First DLC char I'm disappointed in. Started off strong with Videl and Jiren. I understood why they wanted the movie characters in. GT Goku out of all characters? Nah.

Oct 25, 2017
so the color theory (store background colors matching a color of the character) so far isn't undone

Black - Jiren
Purple - Videl
Dark Green - Broly
Blue - Gogeta
Brown - GT Goku
Magenta/Pink - Kefla/Janemba/etc

who will it be

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, they not only use the shittiest version of Goku but they don't even give him the only good thing about him which is SSJ4.

I we're getting a bunch of Goku's at least give us the GOAT version:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I would prefer hundreds of Gokus over the living embodiment of the perverted mentor archetype.

He's just a gross character.
No more grossed than half the mass murderers in this game.

That doesn't change what I said.

I said that very thing earlier in the thread after all.
Except he isn't based on the movie. He's GT Goku who got OG Kid Goku's moves since apparently GT is more important than the original Dragon Ball.

Oct 25, 2017
No more grossed than half the mass murderers in this game.

Except he isn't based on the movie. He's GT Goku who got OG Kid Goku's moves since apparently GT is more important than the original Dragon Ball.
That's their excuse of why they're throwing it in because he used it there and why they're going to the composite route in the first place. Which is why we shouldn't be surprised if he has the Kamehameha wave that he did at the end of Path to Power in his moveset.

Oct 27, 2017
They had a perfect out for Master Roshi when his voice actor died. Instead they just replaced the seiyuu and kept him around for cameos. Super tried to redeem him in the most tone deaf way possible but at least it was something but even that didn't last. He goes straight back into suggestive rape/sexual assault gags during the tournament of power against one of the female antagonists. He's gross and you'll all be able to live fine without him in this video game.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Roshi's sexual predator antics are played for comedy.

The genocide isn't.
Some of the murders in Dragon Ball are played for laughs or at the very least black comedy like how Frieza got Broly to go Super Saiyan.

And how is a behavior being played for laughs makes them worst? It would be something if the show was okay with his behavior, but Roshi being a perv is always presented as a bad thing and he regularly gets punished for it. In comparison, the nazi mass murderers are often made to be cool with Black specifically never being punished for his actions and Vegeta getting a hot rich wife despite his past that he didn’t make up for until the Buu Saga.

Oct 28, 2017
SSJ4 Goku is going to be obvious sequel bait. Might as well get all the characters that can be used in the next game story mode out of the way now for the DLC.
It would be so awesome if every character from this game came into the sequel. I highly doubt it but we can hope....they already did the work with these characters, why not squeeze more juice out of them.

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the murders in Dragon Ball are played for laughs or at the very least black comedy like how Frieza got Broly to go Super Saiyan.

And how is a behavior being played for laughs makes them worst? It would be something if the show was okay with his behavior, but Roshi being a perv is always presented as a bad thing and he regularly gets punished for it. In comparison, the nazi mass murderers are often made to be cool with Black specifically never being punished for his actions and Vegeta getting a hot rich wife despite his past that he didn’t make up for until the Buu Saga.
Cause you please stop calling them nazi's to strengthen your point? It's inaccurate and frankly disrespectful.

I always liked Roshi as martial artist (he was a badass in the World's Strongest) but he was a bit much and I could see why others would have an issue with him. I mean, an under age Bulma flashed her privates at him for a dragonball. Yea played for laughs haha that's fucking disgusting

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
They had a perfect out for Master Roshi when his voice actor died. Instead they just replaced the seiyuu and kept him around for cameos. Super tried to redeem him in the most tone deaf way possible but at least it was something but even that didn't last. He goes straight back into suggestive rape/sexual assault gags during the tournament of power against one of the female antagonists. He's gross and you'll all be able to live fine without him in this video game.
It was one gag, and he was dead serious for almost the entire TOP.

And it’s funny you’re holding that gag against Roshi in the TOP when Goku in the Buu Saga tried to pimp Videl, who’s 16, and Bulma to Old Kai. In the dub, they toned this down to him offering a kiss. In the sub and manga, he offered Old Kai to feel their boobs and he did this without bothering to asked them. Even in the Universal Survival Saga, Goku saw Roshi ‘assaulting’ a girl and instead of doing anything, he left the room and let it continued.

So we can can call Goku disgusting and asked for him not to be in anymore games unless it’s Kid Goku.

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I like Goku, but I wasn’t a fan of GT and think it sucks that it closes the door on so many possibilities for the last slot. I would be shocked if they did a season three. It’s more likely that they do a FighterZ 2.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory False Equivalences Over a Series of Posts
Cause you please stop calling them nazi's to strengthen your point? It's inaccurate and frankly disrespectful.

I always liked Roshi as martial artist (he was a badass in the World's Strongest) but he was a bit much and I could see why others would have an issue with him. I mean, an under age Bulma flashed her privates at him for a dragonball. Yea played for laughs haha that's fucking disgusting
Black and Frieza are practically fictional nazis. There’s even a trope on this: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ANaziByAnyOtherName

That Bulma one was mostly Bulma’s fault. Roshi asked to see Bulma’s panties, Bulma didn’t know Goku removed her underwear, and she flash Roshi. Yeah, Roshi was grossed for asking, but he didn’t tell her to strip.

I can see the issues with Roshi, but it seems weird to call him any worse than the other characters in Dragon Ball that people love.