• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
If it's just DB Goku and they didn't want to model him in the orange gi, I'm okay with it.

GT still blows.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So many characters to draw from and yet we mostly get a bunch of Gokus.. What a waste of two seasons.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
neither of them are Gokus
goku black a completely different character

Same character, different look, different moveset

If this is true, then yes.

It's literally Zamasu in Goku's body, so not actually wrong (can still use Kamehameha and Instant Transmission, though).

So.....basically goku controlled by Zamasu. Hence still a Goku

look i don't get to do the names

it's like super baby vegeta in GT who has nothing to do with the actual vegeta

Super Baby Vegeta aka Corrupted Vegeta

technically speaking it's more of a second zamasu if we get to the roots of it

Who controls the vessel of Goku. Next

No-no you see we don't get that ,enjoy this instead.

That theme is probably my favorite DB theme next to the Universe Tournament of Power theme

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
So, it appears that he indeed doesn't tap into SSJ4. If you are gonna put a GT character and its Goku, theres one feature you need to include. The only good thing that came from GT. And you didn't. Why?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It could be just Dragon Fist or Oozaru Fist though.
True, I did forget about Dragon Fist, but I feel like it would be pretty ridiculous to have a character called "Goku (GT)" without SSJ4 being present (even as a cinematic super).

In a better timeline we would just have Dragon Fist instead of the Spirit Bomb Level 3, but I guess we'll just have to see where Arc is going with this one.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
It could be just Dragon Fist or Oozaru Fist though.
I'm going with the first one. I don't expect the character to do any SSJ4 power up ala Golden Frieza (that would mean altering the character model completely). Maybe a Kamehameha x10, but thats it. Which its lame. I would rather have the Dragon Fist for Goku in child form

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Rip chance of this for his lvl 3
ji_4kW.gif

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'm going with the first one. I don't expect the character to do any SSJ4 power up ala Golden Frieza (that would mean altering the character model completely). Maybe a Kamehameha x10, but thats it. Which its lame. I would rather have the Dragon Fist for Goku in child form
Plus ya know, saving SS4 Goku for later

shem

Oct 25, 2017
I applaud the devs for promoting the metaphysical discussion of what constitutes the nature of a goku

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Ya know what? I wouldn't be surprised if we get Baby Vegeta, Copy Vegeta or Mahon Vegeta to balance out the Gokus.

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Part of me is assuming this is to avoid making a pole moveset that would not resonate with how the game focuses on rushdown. I'm kinda disappointed considering I liked how Videl turned out moveset wise.

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
I distinctly remember someone involved in the development of XV2 mentioning that they weren't allowed to add original DB characters, so they added GT Kid Goku as a stopgap. I imagine this is the same thing.

Which begs the question of why no original DB?

RaiOh

Nov 12, 2017
They literally did it for Lowain in Granblue Versus with 3 playable forms for one character :

1552919452-15316354631.png

Same with Sol :

dczg0ym-e9ea8944-7013-4831-b097-f45cd1f41df9.png

So they can make a playable SS4 for GT Goku, but they won't, it's better for Bamco to sell it separately.

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
Nice! I love GT Goku, one of my favorite goku (also the grandgrandgrandkid of goku in the anthology movie which wears these clothes is super cool). Is this coming to Switch?

RaiOh

Nov 12, 2017
Also, it's really strange that they don't show his "secret Lvl3" right now, I think it's the first time they do something like this for a character announcement.
So, maybe they are actually waiting to reveal Baby Vegeta or O.Shenron to show a SS4 Install or SS4 Super.
Goodbye sweet Kefla.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Also, it's really strange that they don't show his "secret Lvl3" right now, I think it's the first time they do something like this for a character announcement.
So, maybe they are actually waiting to reveal Baby Vegeta or O.Shenron to show a SS4 Install or SS4 Super.
Goodbye sweet Kefla.
I think Kefla's chances of being included were dashed when the 90's Broly and DBS Broly were added.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe the couldn't figure out how to make him fly? And making the nimbus wasn't worth the effort? Lol

He doesn't need to fly though, it's not like he's going to be hovering around in FighterZ. Making impossible thrusts and turns in the air already happens in the anime (like a sequence where Goku starts exchanging quick punches with Tenshinhan while dodging some without ever touching the ground, or the times he suddenly burst in high speed and disappeared in the middle of a jump). Like the post you quoted said, it's really sounding like Bandai for whatever reason outright ruled out characters from the original DB.

Oct 25, 2017
So they can make a playable SS4 for GT Goku, but they won't, it's better for Bamco to sell it separately.

My thoughts exactly.
We know it's possible, it's just a matter of what mandate BanNam gave them.

Seriously, it'd be super cool to be able to use Goku or Vegeta and switch between transformations/stances on the fly like Zeku, Alisa or Sol over the course of a match.

Blackquill

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The moveset better be focused on Kid Goku's moves from early DB rather than everything coming from GT but since he can transforms into SSJ3 I don't have much hope

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Glad he's confirmed. GT Goku's underrated, his moves are dope and he's got this sense of style with him. DB Goku's alright but nah I wouldn't want him to be in a game like this or at least yet.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is such a lame compromise that isn't a good version of either kid goku

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
GT Goku will of course have DB Goku color scheme/additional alt. so it's almost the same person, IMO.