• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently they gonna be using kid goku moves for him. So this pretty much seals OG Goku away

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
"I want Kid Goku to be in DBFZ!"

twb81ram6al11.gif

I mean, people did wanted Kid Goku, so...

I actually wonder what the final character is then. I recall in another thread where they showed the Nintendo Switch DLC placeholders that each slot had a different background color. The last two were pink and brown so I'm guessing that GT Goku is the brown one. Maybe the pink one is Janemba?

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, people did wanted Kid Goku, so...

I actually wonder what the final character is then. I recall in another thread where they showed the Nintendo Switch DLC placeholders that each slot had a different background color. The last two were pink and brown so I'm guessing that GT Goku is the brown one. Maybe the pink one is Janemba?

Im still holding out for Ribrianne, but with Kid Goku seemingly confirmed, that possibility could not come D:

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Jiren was released next to Videl. These releases don't seem to have a theme.

It's most likely Janenmba or Kefla

Maybe Jiren/Videl theme was "highly requested characters?" People were requesting Videl and a lot of people at least constantly brought Jiren up as someone who should be in the roster.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
We already have the best Vegito and Gogeta coming in the game

I don't get these kinda responses. Should we not have SSJ Goku in because Blue is in? When MUI finally makes an appearance, should we get rid of Blue?

There is no "best", just your own personal preference. I'm actually bummed out that we aren't getting Z Gogeta. Way more iconic for me since it's the one we grew up with. I get why they went Blue, but still sucks.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get these kinda responses. Should we not have SSJ Goku in because Blue is in? When MUI finally makes an appearance, should we get rid of Blue?

There is no "best", just your own personal preference. I'm actually bummed out that we aren't getting Z Gogeta. Way more iconic for me since it's the one we grew up with. I get why they went Blue, but still sucks.

I mean I'm more joking around then being "no more of these characters!" Although while SSJ4 Gogeta has a moveset potential, Vegtio really doesn't since he is from Dragon Ball heroes so they would resort to reusing a lot of moves

Deleted member 35446

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Super being trash doesn't automatically make me look at GT more favourably, but GT Goku actually warrants an additional character slot as it's going to imply a completely different set of normals and hitboxes. Shame if SSJ4 isn't incorporated in there, though.

In comparison, base Goku and SSB Goku are wastes of life. No reason their moves couldn't have been integrated into the SSJ gameplay and their looks as additional skins. Heavens knows, the characters in this game need more tools, variety, and playstyle variance per slot.

I can't believe people are actually cool with character slot reskins sharing 90% of the moves. This game's already reached MUGEN-level of incomprehensible character slots, already. I'd rather they just put the resources into making skins and different super attack animations, and charge the same amount of money for them.

cmChimera

Oct 28, 2017
This is awful.

Kid Goku from Dragonball would have been great.
Ultra Instinct Goku would have been great.

This is just so bad.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I'm more joking around then being "no more of these characters!" Although while SSJ4 Gogeta has a moveset potential, Vegtio really doesn't since he is from Dragon Ball heroes so they would resort to reusing a lot of moves

I definitely agree with that. I would rather have SSJ4 Gohan than Vegito if I had to choose.

I would love SSJ4 Gogeta tho. Having Blue Vegito and him on the same team would be sick.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Movie characters are in and Super characters are in despite most of that shit sucking so it makes no difference to me

Just glad too see the power pole

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Super being trash doesn't automatically make me look at GT more favourably, but GT Goku actually warrants an additional character slot as it's going to imply a completely different set of normals and hitboxes. Shame if SSJ4 isn't incorporated in there, though.

In comparison, base Goku and SSB Goku are wastes of life. No reason their moves couldn't have been integrated into the SSJ gameplay and their looks as additional skins. Heavens knows, the characters in this game need more tools, variety, and playstyle variance per slot.

I can't believe people are actually cool with character slot reskins sharing 90% of the moves. This game's already reached MUGEN-level of incomprehensible character slots, already. I'd rather they just put the resources into making skins and different super attack animations, and charge the same amount of money for them.
Reusing a character's sprites/models and change/add elements to it is standard practice in fighting games. Ken, Holy Order Sol, the Mishimas way back when, Cassandra/Sophitia and Nightmare/Sigfried, more I'm probably missing.

cmChimera

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, brah.

I would have liked OG kiod Goku over this, but i'll take this over UI Goku.
Let me have my Ka Ka Ka Kachi Daze

Yeah its like they tried killing 2 birds with one shot and give OG and GT fans something with just 1 character.

This satisfies no one.
That's probably exactly what they were thinking.
Just glad too see the power pole
I don't think he uses it in GT.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Kid Goku actually has his DB stuff as normals/specials and his supers are GT inspired then I'll accept the compromise.

iCodec

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People asking for UI Goku, what.

The boy don't have a unique moveset, he's just Goku who dodges

Edit: Unless they want to adopt UI Grand Priest Goku

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
People asking for UI Goku, what.

The boy don't have a unique moveset, he's just Goku who dodges

Edit: Unless they want to adopt UI Grand Priest Goku
He works as a dramatic finish for ssjb against Jiren and nothing else

I can roll with GT Goku, it's a compromise for kid goku with some fan fave super options. My real question is who will he be paired with? A villain? I mean I actually think some of the villainous Shenrons look cool, or a fan favorite or heck the game's first joke character in say Mr Satan

giraffereyn

Banned
Jan 20, 2019
They're not writing a whole new season for Adult kid Goku, they're not buying him a fucking beer dude, hes not taking your fucking turn.

As a character in the show he was boring, but he's a perfect fit for a fighting game character. There is a lot there for a bunch of poses and moves without having the bring up how lame GT was

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Ya know, I get the appeal of Kid Goku and understand that he was a kid throughout most of the series, but I've always liked how adult Goku looked in GT.

d035ceaa61fab690a7d8512bc2f69654.jpg

This man has grown as a person and as a fighter. In his 50's and in the best shape of his life. Bronze skin from training outside for a decade.

The Final Bout intro is basically what GT should have been.

Edit:
What if Toei do GT Remake ?

I think they should do a sequel and have two different continuity but Heroes at least let's me see those characters and concepts again.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Where did the source get this information from?

Anyway, this is disappointing. Not even really because it's another Goku (I would have been fine with MUI Goku) but because it's another super short character. Those are just not fun to fight against.